Sign in to follow this  
Florian

MiG-21UM "Mongol-B" Trainer

MiG-21UM "Mongol-B" Trainer

The MiG-21UM "Mongol-B" trainer aircraft is used by many countries, using soviet equipment for advanced pilot training.

Please make use of the README file!

Enjoy it!

Florian

• Like 1

This is fun to fly. Also don't feel so alone flying anymore! Nice job!

thanks! nice work!

I wanted to say same thing as brian32, but he stole words from my mouth.

Thank you very much. :ok::clapping: The more Soviet planes the better.

This is great Stuff, really like the detail with the drag chute :good::clapping::biggrin::ok:

Great works guys. This one have been anticipated for awhile. Bravo!

I love the Czech stress team skin!!!

But I asked for mahogany canopy rails and cockpit trim, NOT mahogany wings!!!! :rofl:

Brick lines wheel wells... well, if the aircraft get overturned and is sitting on it's back, we can use them for BBQ pits!!!

No, really...super job guys!! More 2-seaters are fun!!

Wrench

kevin stein

One of the best Migs I ever fly over virtual skies :ok:

THANX to everybody who participated on this great pack :yes:

With R-60TM it is real Lion :wink:

realy? :biggrin:

no, i was just joking.

i do the skins i have in work (4) without templates. :blink:

I like this. 2 seaters are always welcome

Thanks

I have a few question about this plane, which must be a brilliant brand new model

-It comes with no avionics file which makes sense considering that the pit (custom pit too !) has no radar screen. In the data.ini thoguh there is a a [detectai] entry which implies the use of a radar by the airplane. I don't know if the trainer had air to air radar or any radar at all, what do you think?)again, detail, if you want no radar you delete the detectai entry, and if you want radar you cut and paste some avionics form another mig-21

-can you elaborate more about the use of chute/speedbrake, I checked the dataini, and everythign revolves around the use of deploywhenonground entry, correct?

-can you tell me more about the entry for the gunpod, whose model is built in the airplane, but does require an entry n the weaponsdata. How exactly you manage that, it would be useful to understand for ll the planes that use some type of gunpod systems

Thank yu again, for the modeling idea as well as for the new cute bird

-To be honest, i´m myself unsure about the radar. So i decided to have the opportunity of having no, or a simple radar.

-The drag chute is not possible in game due to limitations of the game engine. So i made this as additional airbrake. The "Problem", another airbrake would be deployed along all others. At least we have the option to let this airbrake only deploy on ground, wich implements the drag chute nicely. So, you´re correct. All magic is that little line, wich only deploys it on ground. Not my idea, the MiG-25 allready has this feature. :biggrin:

-The gunpod, modeled as part of the aircraft was an idea by me to get rid of hundred different gunpod models, to match all skins. The gunpod is set as pylon. You might noticed on many aircraft, weapon pylons are not showed in game, if nothing is mounted on them. I used this effect also for the gunpod. The weapon station itself only allows a gunpod as storage and is set right at the muzzle position. The gunpod entry in the weapon data has the muzzle position at the zero center in all axis. So when you mount the gunpod without model, onto the weapon pylon, looking like the gunpod, you get the fire effect on exact position. Like i said, only advantage is, you don´t need to worry if the gunpod color is matching the skin, as it´s part of the skin. :wink:

If you have more questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

• Like 1

-The gunpod, modeled as part of the aircraft was an idea by me to get rid of hundred different gunpod models, to match all skins. The gunpod is set as pylon. You might noticed on many aircraft, weapon pylons are not showed in game, if nothing is mounted on them. I used this effect also for the gunpod. The weapon station itself only allows a gunpod as storage and is set right at the muzzle position. The gunpod entry in the weapon data has the muzzle position at the zero center in all axis. So when you mount the gunpod without model, onto the weapon pylon, looking like the gunpod, you get the fire effect on exact position. Like i said, only advantage is, you don´t need to worry if the gunpod color is matching the skin, as it´s part of the skin. :wink:

This was simply brilliant of you florian. Can now have matching gunpod textures to the skin.