Sign in to follow this  
themightysrc

Multiple RB3D setups

Hello all,

Despite having a very enhanced version of First Eagles - with add ons from here; where else? - I decided to resurrect RB3D and see if I couldn't make it equally good looking, given that the gameplay is somewhat better!

Since then, I've downloaded and applied the permanent sound fix, the Hell's Angels patch (which I've discarded as being too troublesome), and finally - joy of joys - the other week the Western Front Patch (which seems to be version 5.0) which provides full integration with CM11 and allows you to enjoy many more planes. Hurrah!

The other day though, I finally received my copy of Full Canvas Jacket through the post, which, whilst largely excellent, doesn't expand on the number of aircraft available (unlike WFP). Trying to combine the two (inevitably) led to the whole thing going tits up, and starting the reloads all over again. Bah, humbug.

So here's the question: I think I'll need two instances of RB3D - how can I achieve this, one for WFP and one for FCJ?

Cheers for any replies,

Si

Try running setup twice :biggrin: I've read that RB3D can handle dual installs

Aren't WFP and HA using models and terrains by the Promised Land? And FCJ control panel works perfectly with WFP too.

Hello all,

Despite having a very enhanced version of First Eagles - with add ons from here; where else? - I decided to resurrect RB3D and see if I couldn't make it equally good looking, given that the gameplay is somewhat better!

Since then, I've downloaded and applied the permanent sound fix, the Hell's Angels patch (which I've discarded as being too troublesome), and finally - joy of joys - the other week the Western Front Patch (which seems to be version 5.0) which provides full integration with CM11 and allows you to enjoy many more planes. Hurrah!

The other day though, I finally received my copy of Full Canvas Jacket through the post, which, whilst largely excellent, doesn't expand on the number of aircraft available (unlike WFP). Trying to combine the two (inevitably) led to the whole thing going tits up, and starting the reloads all over again. Bah, humbug.

So here's the question: I think I'll need two instances of RB3D - how can I achieve this, one for WFP and one for FCJ?

Cheers for any replies,

Si

Open your Seirra folder and make a new folder name it what ever your new addon is then copy the files inside the original red baron and paste them in your new one you can then add what you want to it. I have atleaste 12 setups of red baron this way running the diffrent games and fm and I am currently designing a new war game with new FM and targets maps and such I have even made a new Baron TEd that is to replace the island ted with a Channel Ted{english Channel} I am working on a large version of it. There will have seaports forts and other items not used in MMP side of game. We will also have float fighters and bombers as well as land base planes. if you need help email me at twk43000@yahoo.com

There also is a couple of patch switchers that some use I can get you the link to download it.

Salute

here is a link for the patch switcher

http://hosted.filefront.com/RAFPython

Why, thank you very much! Downloaded - will try to use it later...

Reloaded RB3D, then added Full Canvas Jacket, and then (tentatively) added Western Front Patch. Everything was fine until I added the last one, although I've had it working before now, dammit. It just hung when you entered the campaign screen. Felt very miffed. Deleted everything I'd installed. Sulked briefly. Fired up First Eagles and shot down an Albatros III. Felt better.

Will try again this evening to get all three (RB3D, FCJ and WFP) working together, otherwise I really will have to go for 2 separate installations, which I'd rather not do. But there you go.

I'll report back later, or tomorrow. Thanks for all the help, chaps.

Si

Uh... You can install WFP and boost it with control panel from FCJ

I just don't see much point in installing it combined with FCJ as the official website for WFP says

• Featuring the Promised Lands Full Canvas Jacket 2
  • Skins revamped using FCJ and FCJ2 exteriors and interiors

All those mods are not very stable, so combining them in one install might really render RB3D absolutely unplayable.

You can find instructions on how to handle multiple game copies on Wings Of Honor in the Red Baron 3D Tips & Tricks section.

Direct Link

I am running 10 copies of Red Baron 3D with different Mods even without having them installed :biggrin:

Cheers

Edited by JG666_GremlinXO