Sign in to follow this  
JKstar

How to make F22's weapon door automatic?

when in F22A_B20, before release a missile form interior weaponbay, I should open the door manually :dntknw: ...while in talon, the door of weaponbay is opened automaticly :blink: ...

In order to make F22's door automatic, I wirte "AutomaticDoors=True" in the *DATA.ini" file, guess what? the missiles are throwed into air without opening the door! As if there was not a door or the door was transparent!

So, help... :dntknw:

Thanks!

I guess that's why the doors can't open automaticaly then...

I'm pretty sure if the doors could be auto open it would've been done already. Then again maybe somebody will come up with something and find a solution.

I guess that's why the doors can't open automaticaly then...

I'm pretty sure if the doors could be auto open it would've been done already. Then again maybe somebody will come up with something and find a solution.

But Talon's door is automatic, looks perfect!

Yes, the Talon's doors work. The F-22's do not. Simple.

If you read the Read-Me, it tells you why they don't work.

Edited by TurtleHawk

Like TurtleHawk said, RTF FAQ

Like TurtleHawk said, RTF FAQ

Sorry, I'will read it :wink:

Some of you guys should consider enjoying new things for a couple of weeks after they are released instead of complaining. I know that some of the people involved with the F-22 are very frustrated because they had to make tradeoffs in designing the plane, they explained those tradeoffs in the readme, and people are still making posts like this. Just a suggestion.

Some of you guys should consider enjoying new things for a couple of weeks after they are released instead of complaining. I know that some of the people involved with the F-22 are very frustrated because they had to make tradeoffs in designing the plane, they explained those tradeoffs in the readme, and people are still making posts like this. Just a suggestion.

I'm not sure this can be considered a complaint per say. He was just trying to figure out a way to auto open the doors, doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy the F-22. The only problem here is that he din't read the read me.

For example, I'm trying to figure out a way to get rid of the bouncing wingman syndrome but it doesn't mean that I don't greatly appreciate and recognize the hard work that go into these mods.

I'm not sure this can be considered a complaint per say. He was just trying to figure out a way to auto open the doors, doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy the F-22. The only problem here is that he din't read the read me.

For example, I'm trying to figure out a way to get rid of the bouncing wingman syndrome but it doesn't mean that I don't greatly appreciate and recognize the hard work that go into these mods.

You may very well be right, but perception is 9/10 of reality and this sort of thing is pissing people off. Occasionally in this community--especially after an influx of n00bs--we seem to have to have a Come to Jesus moment to get everyone on the same page.

The proper fix for the "Bouncing Wingman" syndrome is to adjust the interaction between the horizontal stabs and the wings. This requires a basic knowledge of aerodynamics, in as far as defining the proper Cla values for the stabs (though admittedly there's a bit of guesswork involved, as in real life, the stabs sit in an airflow that's already been disturbed by the wing surfaces). You can try adjusting the pitch damper value upwards, but that's more of a band-aid than anything else.

You may very well be right, but perception is 9/10 of reality and this sort of thing is pissing people off. Occasionally in this community--especially after an influx of n00bs--we seem to have to have a Come to Jesus moment to get everyone on the same page.

Pissing who off? Not me. I'm starting to feel a certain lack of patience or even respect towards people that are new to the Third Wire series (or n00bs as you say). Believe it or not, not all questions are covered in the knowledge base section, so the n00bs will ask basic questions, that most regulars will already know or even find stupid.

I'm a noob and I'll never be shy to ask something if I have a question. That's what a forum is for no?

btw I'll have to google what's 'a Come to Jesus moment' lol :dntknw:

Pissing who off? Not me. I'm starting to feel a certain lack of patience or even respect towards people that are new to the Third Wire series (or n00bs as you say). Believe it or not, not all questions are covered in the knowledge base section, so the n00bs will ask basic questions, that most regulars will already know or even find stupid.

I'm a noob and I'll never be shy to ask something if I have a question. That's what a forum is for no?

btw I'll have to google what's 'a Come to Jesus moment' lol :dntknw:

This doesn't have anything to do with you, so don't get worked up over it. :ok:

The proper fix for the "Bouncing Wingman" syndrome is to adjust the interaction between the horizontal stabs and the wings. This requires a basic knowledge of aerodynamics, in as far as defining the proper Cla values for the stabs (though admittedly there's a bit of guesswork involved, as in real life, the stabs sit in an airflow that's already been disturbed by the wing surfaces). You can try adjusting the pitch damper value upwards, but that's more of a band-aid than anything else.

Ok interesting, but you know that the CF-18 mod doesn't have this problem. This is simply due to the F-18 stabs/wing shape?  I don't want to hijack this thread, I have a bouncing wingman one going already! So if you can answer there it would be great.  :good:

I don't think what I said is a complain :dntknw: ,I just want to see and discuss if there is a way of working this "door" out. in fact, I really enjoy the F22, and all other add-on planes, all of them are excellent work!

This doesn't have anything to do with you, so don't get worked up over it. :ok:

Actualy it did not so long ago lol. But you're right, I'm not going to start defending all the n00bs out there.

Actualy it did not so long ago lol. But you're right, I'm not going to start defending all the n00bs out there.

I don't now how to explain this, but when you work on a project and have to make sacrifices due to game limitations, its frustrating because you want your work to be as accurate as possible. I know that the F-22 team wanted the bay doors to be automatic, but they ran out of animation slots and had to make a choice. They explained the situation in the readme, and its frustrating to have people continue to ask about it both becasue its repetitive but also because it keeps reminding them that the finished product is not "perfect" which is like a poke in the eye.

I don't now how to explain this, but when you work on a project and have to make sacrifices due to game limitations, its frustrating because you want your work to be as accurate as possible. I know that the F-22 team wanted the bay doors to be automatic, but they ran out of animation slots and had to make a choice. They explained the situation in the readme, and its frustrating to have people continue to ask about it both becasue its repetitive but also because it keeps reminding them that the finished product is not "perfect" which is like a poke in the eye.

I am not a modder, workin on skinning to do my part, but i agree, its Fu$^ed up that people bust their a&*es and then get critizized over all the hard work they do. That would take all the fun out of modding in my opinion. But thats JUST ME.

I don't now how to explain this, but when you work on a project and have to make sacrifices due to game limitations, its frustrating because you want your work to be as accurate as possible. I know that the F-22 team wanted the bay doors to be automatic, but they ran out of animation slots and had to make a choice. They explained the situation in the readme, and its frustrating to have people continue to ask about it both because its repetitive but also because it keeps reminding them that the finished product is not "perfect" which is like a poke in the eye.

That pretty much says it all right there. If we could of, we would of. So in this case what the purpose of asking? But every time it comes up, yes we do feel like we released a less then polished product. These posts keep reminding us of that too. So you wonder why we get bent out of shape. Wouldn't you?

Guest Bounder

real easy to the rivet counters

disable the Bombay on the fighter

and the uncaged for the bombers

there will be updates as it go's just consider this a beta and be happy,and I do believe the read me that few ever look it stated they ran out of animation points for the AC

GO BE HAPPY N JUST FLY DA PLANE

Edited by Bounder

It's amazing what you can find out, when ya spend a few minutes actually reading the readme files, isn't it???

Wrench

kevin stein

ReadMe Writer, Extraordinanire

It's amazing what you can find out, when ya spend a few minutes actually reading the readme files, isn't it???

Wrench

kevin stein

ReadMe Writer, Extraordinanire

Errr.. you mean members have got to be able to READ now as well as fly aircraft. Never been heard of. :rofl:

Meh?

I want the Talon to have manual doors like the Raptor!

Zur ducks and hides... :biggrin:

Perception in my way of life is trying to find out if the statement or remark is meant to hurt or contains an insult that is meant to be an insult......... If not: no problem !!!!

Sure makes life a lot easier........ :good:

I think USAFMTL took the right way out in his very respectable separate post !!!

In the mean time, noobs will always be noobs, everyone started out being one, I guess I am still one and I love it: youth is a beautifull thing.............................

Aju,

Derk :yes:

And o yes, I enjoy the Raptor VERY VERY much !!

Note that I used the endearing "n00b" form, not the derogatory "newb" or "n3wb" forms. ;)