Since we have a thread for the F100, I wanted to start one for the A4.

I wanted to express some problems I see with the A4 flight model.

1- Crispness- It just doesn't feel tight and crisp in it's response. The A4 is supposed to be quick and nimble, but it just doesn't feel this way to me in SF. Roll rate seems a bit slow, and its hard to stop rolling once you start.

2- Roll Rate- As i said above roll rate feels slower than what it should be and hard to snap to a stop like I have seen in footage of the A4. If you start rolling and snap the stick back to center the aircraft will continue to roll almost a complete roll past where you went back to stick center. This cant be right can it?? I always thought the A4 was very precise, very lightweight, agile, etc. Now having flown other civilian aircraft myself I realize that in a roll when you sna the stick back to center you will get a little continued roll, but not a complete revolution like you do in SF. The A4 should snap to a stop when your rolling I would think.

3- Energy Bleed Off- Here is a big problem for me. The A4 in SF seems to bleed off energy as if everytime you barely pull back on the stick you extend speed brakes. I can fly at 400kts, bank to the right or left, pull back on the stick and only pull 3Gs and literally bleed off all my airspeed in a mater of 2 or 3 seconds. Keep in mind I'm not talking about a High G load turn here where you try to kick the rear end around, I'm talking just a steady turn.

Maybe I'm way off here, but I should have no problem out turning the F4 in MP. Should I?? Is it just me or does everyone else see the same things I do in the Flight Model??

If I'm wrong then fine i will go practice some more, but my gut tells me it should feel different than it does. I do remember Hornit at simhq mentioning the A4 and how he thought the A4 needed more work, and I believe he flew the TA4J when going through initial training. I jus hope these are legit complaints I have posted and we can get them fixed, because I want the scooter to be as nimble and manuverable as I am used to seeing in the movies and footage.

Seawolf, I don't think your way off, as a matter of fact I think your spot on. I've been a little disappointed with this bird due to it's performance and wanting to use it for ground strike missions. I wasn't expecting anything thing more than what I read about the bird.

I hope this gets tweaked

BirdDogg.

PS good observations.

Thanks Birddog, I cant wait for the Scooter to be fixed. It's one of my favorites from that era.

Seawolf...your right on mate...

I too, love the scooter. Just a wonderful LOOKING plane. Great lines.

After a childhoods' worth of watching the Blue Angels fly them, I have to say the A-4 is wrong. I really do hope they fix it. But...As I like to bash people over the head for whining over at SimHQ, I'm gonna wait for the patch before I get too mad at it.

lol Hollywood, Well I just hope thats on TK's list to be fixed.

I am flying the scooter on a Dell 2.2 GHZ and the performance in the air seems okay. Very agile. But, so far, my landings seem to go to hell in a handbasket far too easily. I have flown a lot of sims and am a pilot so when I say this one is wierd, it's wierd. I will keep working with it, but it is far too sensitive. I have had it get out of control on roll out and just keep rolling down the runway, like to the inverted, until I finally exited the mission. Sidenote: I served with Attack Squadron 93 in the 60s and was an Avionics Technician assigned to scooter repair aboard the USS Ranger and at NAS Lemoore.

Welcome aboard Flybum. :)

When flying with the flight model on hard, attempt a hard roll and then try to snap the roll to a stop. At least for me the AF scooter will continue to roll almost a complete revolution before I can get it to stop. This makes rocket runs a nightmare for me.

Thanks, I'll try that. I managed to get some good landings in with the scooter today. Same with the F-100 and F-4E. I am starting to like this sim. I wish they had wired in the hat switch for looking around. It's a lot easier than having to reach for the mouse, although I like the smooth motion with the mouse. 8)

Flybum, in your joystick settings for the game, where is says mouse look or pan view something like that. Click it with your mouse and move your hat. This should assign the hat for you pan around view. Keep in mind it pans a bit slower than the mouse look, but Prolly what your looking for. :)

Just a comment fellas... I noticed when I first started flying this sim that all the aircraft seemed to roll excessively. I could see maybe the F-104 with a small wing area but not the F-4 or F100. And as you say, the A-4 should be a very stable aircraft. It had to be to be an effective ground attack aircraft.

Well, I think everyone is in agreement that the flight models still need some work. Even the real pilots have said this so lets give TK a chance to do some touch up work and see what happens. I'm sure he is aware of the issues and will tweak them up a bit.