Sign in to follow this  
fariz81

somebody please help

Hey guys, 3 things troubled me while flying f-4e

1. i pressed C and D for chaff and flares but nothing was deployed from the aircraft.

2. How do i lock on target using ground radar

3.How to use the anti radiation missiles

mine has SP1 intalled.I'd really appreciate your helps.

Chaff and flares do not work yet (likely on purpose).

According to pilots of the era, chaff and flare systems as we know them today were not available in the time frames modeled (up to 1975). Do a search at SimHq SFP-1 board ( www.simhq.com then look for the SFP-1 board) and possibly this board to see what the pilots did for chaff 8) .

Ground targets you lock onto visually (the target box, and your ability to "see" is a function of your game settings, hard you do not get a target box, medium represents a reasonable visual horizon, and easy will let you cycle through all the ground targets in that mission).

Use the RWR to locate a radiation source fly towards it and pickle off the weapon.

The RWR is available in the F-4E. If you have a ATI card the RWR likely does not work (even with the first patch). Good news is it seems to have been fixed (source Major Lee) with the upcoming second patch.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Beer

They probably still work, it's just a lot more difficult to find the SAM's without the RWR.

i believe that the anti radar missiles still work...fly into an area with SAMs and fire a missile and see if it takes the radar source out..use the F9 weapon view...the problem is a graphics one.

Aquire the ground radar visually, fly say between 8-12 miles from the radar, point the nose at the radar a pickle the antiradiation missile. Despite the RWR issue with Radeon cards (the RWR being primarily a locationing device, i.e. threat indicator) the missile will work (bar a random miss based on TK's research and statics of actual missile performace).

CHeers

Beer