Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

F-14's on the prowl - New Screenshots!

Here they are folks, the first of many screenshots! I thought I would start the lot with some of the neglected aircraft.

Tomcats on the prowl

ScreenShot_007.jpg

And there's the prey...

ScreenShot_011.jpg

Knife Fight

ScreenShot_019.jpg

Going down

ScreenShot_024.jpg

Heading home, minus one

ScreenShot_029.jpg

Stop posting photographs and give us some screenshots from LOMAC héhéhé :)

Thanks

what settings and system did you use?

Jeff,

If you hit the "Y" key twice while in an external view you can turn off the information bar so that your screenshots are cleaner.

Cheers,

Carl

Stormin, thanks! I was having too much fun to actually figure out the commands last night. :D I'll do that on the next set, which should be later tonight...

Stop posting photographs and give us some screenshots from LOMAC héhéhé :)

Thanks

what settings and system did you use?

The preview writing starts today, but I guess I can cough up that much. Right now I'm running on a Athlon XP1900 (overclocked to a 2200+) with a Radeon 9600 Pro. Graphics settings are on high and AA set to 4x. Not a monster system by any means. And an FYI, I actually ran it on my old Radeon AIW 32meg card and it still looked good, and ran quite well with some of the detail off.

One other thing. The graphics and vids do NOT do this sim justice. It's the little things you can't see in screenshots that make this thing so immersive.

Nice shots but why is that Tomcat getting into a knife fight anyway. He should have downed that bandit long before that! :D :wink:

Anyhow, I see your wingie got shot down. It seems that wingies, in the stories and shots I have seen, either get shot down or go bingo with fuel.

Can you comment on how the friendly AI is acting? I have heard good things about the AI but usually from an enemy point of view.

This was quite an interesting fight and really showed off the AI. I purposely set the two sides fairly close at the start of combat. 001 was shot down pretty quick from a lucky shot, but 002 really got into it with one of the Migs. It was a real turn fight for about 4 minutes before the F-14 finally got the upper hand.

You can actually setup the skill level of EACH pilot from novice to excellent, with about 5 choices in between. And it does make a difference. I had set up 003 and 004 as novice, and they splashed pretty quickly, while 002 (set on expert) gave quite a fight. So my initial reaction is that the AI was pretty good, as I never really saw them do anything stupid in this fight.

The preview writing starts today, but I guess I can cough up that much. Right now I'm running on a Athlon XP1900 (overclocked to a 2200+) with a Radeon 9600 Pro. Graphics settings are on high and AA set to 4x.
That's nice to hear! :shock:

One other thing. The graphics and vids do NOT do this sim justice. It's the little things you can't see in screenshots that make this thing so immersive.
That's also nice to hear! :lol: