Sign in to follow this  
column5

CPG Poll 2: Aircraft

This is the second poll in the Community Produced Game series.

The question is, which aircraft would you like to see featured in a "study" simulation based on the ThirdWire engine? This aircraft would be the primary flyable aircraft, and would be modeled in more detail than the stock aircraft. For the purposes of this poll, please list three choices, in order of preference. When I compile the results, I will weight the choices appropriately. Also, please list only one aircraft on each line. Limit yourself to aircraft that served in the "classic" jet era, roughly 1950 to 1980.

Finally, try not to list just your favorite aircraft. Give some consideration as to whether the aircraft you choose would be fun in a flight sim and attract buyers. For example, I would like to have a detailed A-7 sim, but it would be far less likely to sell well compared to an F-4 sim.

As an example, I will give my resposnes:

1. F-4

2. F-14

3. F-8

If you have not voted in the first poll (multiplayer), please do so here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=25437

This is going to be hard.

1. F-4

2. Tornado

3. F-14

F-111

F-4

F-14

Mig-21

Mig-23

F-14

Edited by kukulino

f-4

mig-21 (for the opposite side ans différente tactics required to face the phantoms)

then

a-7 or may be f-14

I would say

Stick with the F-4 Phantom II It's the airplane with most combat time and the longest service life, and a lot of countrys had them, and if it's should be a more modern type, the F/A- 18 Hornet. Both aircrafts good at A2A & A2G and thats why I dont mean it's should be the F-14 Tomcat it's only good at A2A unless it got to be a very late model which narrows the timeframe.

I would say

Stick with the F-4 Phantom II It's the airplane with most combat time and the longest service life, and a lot of countrys had them, and if it's should be a more modern type, the F/A- 18 Hornet. Both aircrafts good at A2A & A2G and thats why I dont mean it's should be the F-14 Tomcat it's only good at A2A unless it got to be a very late model which narrows the timeframe.

Soooo...

Should I count your votes this way:

1. F-4

2. F-18

3. F-14

Soooo...

Should I count your votes this way:

1. F-4

2. F-18

3. F-14

Yes please do that

F-4/RF-4

MIG-21

and F-8/RF-8

The F-4 is a perfect choice, since it had/has numerous users and did take part in several conflicts around the world

The same could be said about the MIG-21 and including it would offer the option of some serious Red vs. Blue action.

The F-8? Well, I want it. End of story. :wink:

Edited by Gocad

1. F-8

2. F-86

3. F-105

I didn't list F-4 or F-14 because I wonder one thing...is it even possible to accurately represent two seater aircraft with all it's systems?

EDIT: I didn't list MiG-21(or MiG-15) because we're talking primary aircraft but it would definitely be in for first adversary ofcourse...

Edited by Brain32

only three?

tough choice

F-14

F-18

Su-27

CF-105 Arrow

CF-101 Clunk

F2H-3 Banshee

Off topic, but a Wings Over Canada mod with these planes and others would be a great project if any modders were so inclined.

Off topic, but a Wings Over Canada mod with these planes and others would be a great project if any modders were so inclined.

You mean Sag's PC?

F-4

Mirage

F-15

I would suggest choosing aircraft that were used by a number of nations and which actually have proven air combat records.

Lazboy

You mean Sag's PC?

Yeah. ;)

The problem would be getting high-def models of some of these planes. It would be a long-term project.

Dreaming...

1. A1 (tee hee)

2. Buccaneer

3. Tornado.

Reality...

1. F4

2. A7

3. A6

I think picking a plane that is single-role is a path to failure unless you make multiple planes (like the LOMAC/SFP route) because some people just want to shoot down planes and some just want to move mud. Multinationally used planes are another plus, but not strictly necessary.

Going by that, and the 1980 max time limit (I've seen some planes listed here that were not only not yet in service but in some cases didn't even have full prototypes flying by then), here's my list.

F-4x (maybe multiple variants?)

Tornado (ADV and IDS would cover the duality needed)

F/A-18A (in service before 1980! :grin: )

I think picking a plane that is single-role is a path to failure unless you make multiple planes (like the LOMAC/SFP route) because some people just want to shoot down planes and some just want to move mud...

I completely agree and was just about to post the same thing. Gotta pick an aircraft that has multi-role capability to keep things interesting.

Givent the max 1980 time frame and multi-role capability, the only one I can think of is:

F-4