Sign in to follow this  
Stevo75

Complete Begginer

Hey guys i know most of the veterans here will have probable been asked time and time again how to do this and that but im a complete begginer and was just wondering about the ins and outs of begginning to add mods, skins, missions, weapons packs etc... to WoE, ive jus got the game, and my new PC is being delivered next week. Anyway if anyone can spare jus two secs of there time with a link to a site that gives an break down easy to follow step b step guide or jus some general advice wud be G8!!!

Cheers.

Stevo (nooob)

"kick the tyres an light the fires"

I would start with the NATO Fighters packs which you can download at column5.us in the Campaigns section. They will let you quickly add a lot of mods to your WOE install with a few clicks.

After that, you'll want to start perusing the Knowledge Base here at CA. There is a wealth of information in those articles, and most of the basics are covered.

Start downloading the patches for WOE in the Download sec. It's a must then check the the knowledge base at the forum, lots of good stuff and DO read the README in every thing you want to install at your WOE

Also read the readme.

Also read the readme.

Two times.

Stevo, let me say welcome and congrats! I think you will find it very entertaining, to say the least. Personally, the 3wire games are a bit lacking unless one remembers that they are games, NOT "sims"...a lot of iron details are absent...so if you want a true flight sim, look at Falcon 4 or even LOMAC with all the icing...but this series is a game, dont take it too seriously and you will have a blast.

It only makes sense that TK made it that way, its marketing. Falcon 4 is enjoyed by a very small market...but look at the Ace Combat series, oi vey!

Hey, if you have questions, feel free to ask, cant find something, just ask, people are more than willing to help.

cheers

but look at the Ace Combat series, oi vey!

Have something against us Sparko?

Against? No...it is a game, and was used as such in this example...

My, my...arent we sensitive?

And us? Funny, did not see your name in the credits...what part did you work on then?

Against? No...it is a game, and was used as such in this example...

My, my...arent we sensitive?

And us? Funny, did not see your name in the credits...what part did you work on then?

Oh perhaps being a member of there forums. They did actually include some of the suggestions we made.

Ah...now I get it...you (your honor) are using the Royal "We" pronoun...beg your pardon...

Hahaha you guys are funny. My new comp arrives THURS i cannot wait!! WOE here i come. Whats the deal with Vista and WOE??

" Knock it off gentleman....... Viper has the lead."

Cheers for the lead on the Vista side of things with WOE. Cant believe that it cost like 20billion or somehthing stupid like that and yet is is FULL of compatability probs for games and older software. I have the joy of finding out, ill let y'all know how it goes here in this forum once i get WOE installed.

Until friday amigos!!

"until the fat lady sings"