Sign in to follow this  
hurricane3

Problem with Vogesen Terrian and inclement weather

I installed the Vogesen Terrian,and have two grapics problems.

One is the snow,spring and autum parts in the download will not show up in the sim.

I have Vogesen showing up in the terrian in the sim,but the snow, autum ,and spring show in Windows explorer under the WWI Cambrai folder under the Terrian folder but not in the sim.

I have Maxe's terrian installed with the Max 188 option but that should only effect the Verdun terrian I would think

I ended up deleteing the snow, autum,and spring folders from the Cambrai folder since I didn't see any sense them being there if they didn't do anything.As I said if you clicked on the WWI Cambrai folder the snow ,spring and autum folders were there but not in the sim.

Ok two ,the Vogesen terrian seems to have clouds that go the whole way to the ground with trees showing through almost like fog.

When the plane flys through this it loses textures till it clears the clouds(fog?)

One more thing I forgot is when (in any location) you choose inclement weather the overcast seems to stop in a straight line about an inch or so from the horizon ,this just doesn't look natural.

I;am running an older 128 mb ATI Radeon 9800 pro with water set to low and horizen distance set to minimun.

Is all this caused but my card ,which seems to run all my other flight sims just fine.

I have a new NVidia 256 Ge Force that I'am keeping when the ATI goes bellyup.Will it run this sim?

I know this is very long but I had to try and explain all this.

Any who can wade through all this and provide some help(please make it simple if possible,as I'am not as computer literate as you guys.)

Thanks

To no.2 question i can't tell you something. This is a problem of the game and I'm not the big guru to know the answer.

To question no.1. The seasons. Do you has FE with the expand pack or only the original game? The terrain is written for the Expansion Pack. Without it it will have no seasons, because the seasons are a newly introduced feature which are not part of FE.

Other solution could be, that you has renamed the Cambrai terrain folder.

To no.2 question i can't tell you something. This is a problem of the game and I'm not the big guru to know the answer.

To question no.1. The seasons. Do you has FE with the expand pack or only the original game? The terrain is written for the Expansion Pack. Without it it will have no seasons, because the seasons are a newly introduced feature which are not part of FE.

Other solution could be, that you has renamed the Cambrai terrain folder.

I have the expanded pack with the last patch, and I haven't renamed my Cambri folder unless it got renamed when I put the expansion pack in.

It's listed as wwiCambrai, is this how it should be named?

If not then maybe it got changed when I put Maxe's terrian in. If this isn't right how should I rename it?

Strange thing.

Okay. Lets try it on following way.

1. you must have an folder wwi/terrain/vogesen with all files relating to Vogesen terrain.

2. you must have the folder wwi/terrain/cambrai with all files relating to TK's Cambrai terrain

3. In folder cambrai you must have the subfolders Fall, Snow, Spring

4. In this subfolders you must have all files which TK put into this folders plus the two files i made (FRRheinG.tga and FRRheinK.tga) for Vogesen terrain.

If you has deleted the subfolders Fall, Snow, Spring you has a problem with the seasons, because the game will not find the neccessary files. In this case a reinstallation of the subfolders Fall, Snow, Spring will be neccessary.

If you dont want to have them into your wwicambrai folder, you can place this subfolders into Vogesen terrain folder. Then you must edit the file Vogesen.ini. The lines you find below. Simply copy ond overwrite the existing lines. I hope my answer will help you.

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Vogesen

DataFile=Vogesen_data.INI

TargetFile=Vogesen_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=Vogesen_types.INI

MovementFile=Vogesen_movement.INI

NationsFile=Vogesen_nations.INI

BriefingText=Vogesen_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=Vogesen_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

CatFile=..\wwiCambrai\wwiCambrai.cat

Longitude=5.221

Latitude=49.176

[Map]

FilenameFormat=Vogesen-Map%d.bmp

Width=250000.0

Height=250000.0

NumZoomLevels=2

[WeatherChance]

ScatteredChance=25

BrokenChance=25

OvercastChance=17

InclementChance=8

[season001]

Directory=..\Vogesen\Snow

StartDate=1/1

EndDate=1/27

ScatteredChance=0

BrokenChance=40

OvercastChance=50

InclementChance=10

[season002]

Directory=..\Vogesen\Fall

StartDate=01/28

EndDate=04/14

ScatteredChance=25

BrokenChance=40

OvercastChance=17

InclementChance=8

[season003]

Directory=..\Vogesen\Spring

StartDate=04/15

EndDate=06/20

ScatteredChance=40

BrokenChance=25

OvercastChance=17

InclementChance=8

[season004]

StartDate=09/21

EndDate=11/25

ScatteredChance=25

BrokenChance=40

OvercastChance=17

InclementChance=8

[season005]

StartDate=11/26

EndDate=12/31

ScatteredChance=0

BrokenChance=40

OvercastChance=50

InclementChance=10

Strange thing.

Okay. Lets try it on following way.

1. you must have an folder wwi/terrain/vogesen with all files relating to Vogesen terrain.

2. you must have the folder wwi/terrain/cambrai with all files relating to TK's Cambrai terrain

3. In folder cambrai you must have the subfolders Fall, Snow, Spring

4. In this subfolders you must have all files which TK put into this folders plus the two files i made (FRRheinG.tga and FRRheinK.tga) for Vogesen terrain.

If you has deleted the subfolders Fall, Snow, Spring you has a problem with the seasons, because the game will not find the neccessary files. In this case a reinstallation of the subfolders Fall, Snow, Spring will be neccessary.

If you dont want to have them into your wwicambrai folder, you can place this subfolders into Vogesen terrain folder. Then you must edit the file Vogesen.ini. The lines you find below. Simply copy ond overwrite the existing lines. I hope my answer will help you.

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Vogesen

DataFile=Vogesen_data.INI

TargetFile=Vogesen_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=Vogesen_types.INI

MovementFile=Vogesen_movement.INI

NationsFile=Vogesen_nations.INI

BriefingText=Vogesen_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=Vogesen_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

CatFile=..\wwiCambrai\wwiCambrai.cat

Longitude=5.221

Latitude=49.176

[Map]

FilenameFormat=Vogesen-Map%d.bmp

Width=250000.0

Height=250000.0

NumZoomLevels=2

[WeatherChance]

ScatteredChance=25

BrokenChance=25

OvercastChance=17

InclementChance=8

[season001]

StartDate=1/1

EndDate=1/27

ScatteredChance=0

BrokenChance=40

OvercastChance=50

InclementChance=10

[season002]

StartDate=01/28

EndDate=04/14

ScatteredChance=25

BrokenChance=40

OvercastChance=17

InclementChance=8

[season003]

Directory=..\Vogesen\Spring

StartDate=04/15

EndDate=06/20

ScatteredChance=40

BrokenChance=25

OvercastChance=17

InclementChance=8

[season004]

StartDate=09/21

EndDate=11/25

ScatteredChance=25

BrokenChance=40

OvercastChance=17

InclementChance=8

[season005]

StartDate=11/26

EndDate=12/31

ScatteredChance=0

BrokenChance=40

OvercastChance=50

InclementChance=10

Thankyou so much for your trouble,but ,first I deleted the season folder's from the Cambrai folder because they won't show up in the sim but do show in the Cambrai folder in Windows explorer. I tried putting them back but same thing,won't show in the sim, so I took them out again cause could not see haveing them cluttering up the Cambrai folder when they don't show in the sim.

I decided not to try to put them in the Vogesen folder because I just don't think it's worth the trouble.

At 60 years old I want to make things as simple as possible.

The Vogesen terrian ,while ok does have some problems anyway with some of the clouds seeming to be at ground level with trees showing through but when you fly trough the clouds the plane textures dissapear until you are clear of the cloud.

Since I have Maxe's terrian with the Max 188 option which gives you snow in the Verdun textures when you want it anyway I guess I'll leave well enough alone.

I'd rather fly than be a computer programer and am not as computer literate as you.

Maybe it has something to do with the Max terrian I put in ,though thats for Verdun so I don't see why, but who knows?

As for the clouds having a straight line in incliminite or heavy cloud ,maybe thats my graphics card ,again who knows?

Anyway thankyou for trying to help it was very kind of you.

Thanks again.

I have the expanded pack with the last patch, and I haven't renamed my Cambri folder unless it got renamed when I put the expansion pack in.

It's listed as wwiCambrai, is this how it should be named?

If not then maybe it got changed when I put Maxe's terrian in. If this isn't right how should I rename it?

Hmmmm....The weather effects are date specific (see the dates in the data provided by Gepard). Are you sure you are flying missions during the correct dates? Do the weather effects work for Cambrai in your install? IIRC Max's terrain is just texture repaints and doesn't overwrite .INIs so that shouldn't affect the weather changes. I'd go back to a basic install without the Vogesen terrain and make sure the weather effects are working, then install the Vogesen terrain making sure you follow the installation procedures exactly.

Re: the cloud problems. Its a problem with the sim. Seems some people have it worse than others though so it could be driver/vid card related but you will get textures like trees showing through clouds regardless, I think.

Hmmmm....The weather effects are date specific (see the dates in the data provided by Gepard). Are you sure you are flying missions during the correct dates? Do the weather effects work for Cambrai in your install? IIRC Max's terrain is just texture repaints and doesn't overwrite .INIs so that shouldn't affect the weather changes. I'd go back to a basic install without the Vogesen terrain and make sure the weather effects are working, then install the Vogesen terrain making sure you follow the installation procedures exactly.

Re: the cloud problems. Its a problem with the sim. Seems some people have it worse than others though so it could be driver/vid card related but you will get textures like trees showing through clouds regardless, I think.

Didn't know the seasons are date speific,how do I acess the dates?

The data is in the wwiCambrai.ini. You can extract it from the wwiCambrai.CAT file. Here are the stock Cambrai dates. See Gepard's post for the date for his Vogesen terrain.

[season001]

Directory=Snow

StartDate=1/1

EndDate=1/27

ScatteredChance=0

BrokenChance=40

OvercastChance=50

InclementChance=10

[season002]

Directory=Spring

StartDate=01/28

EndDate=06/21