Sign in to follow this  
p10ppy

Spad XII

Little mod of the Spad VII to turn it into a Spad XII (apologies and acknowledgment to Gr.Viper who went before me)

Model changes: removal of the nose humps and reskin

XXX_data.ini changes: tweaked flight model reflecting the much heavier weight, more powerful engine (220hp nominal), wing stagger, better aerodynamics, and more wing area

New weapon (37mm S.A.M.C.) New (it’s a mod of stock) reloading sound for the canon (its slow), New firing effect for the canon (cockpit smoke)

New hanger and loading screens

The canon is on the secondary fire button and takes 12 sec to reload (new sound more or less reflects this)

It has 12 reloads

I have seen the A.I get infrequent hits with this setup (I’m pretty infrequent too)

---------------------------------------------------

A few “Facts”

The Spad XII was a beefed up version of the Spad VII with a new engine (Hispano-Suiza 8Cb 220hp) and a slightly more refined fuselage, more wing area and the most obvious difference, slight wing stagger (something we can’t do with the stock model)

It had a 37mm S.A.M.C. semi-automatic canon with twelve reloads mounted to fire through the prop hub and with the breech situated between the pilot’s legs

Because of the breech placement the controls were of the Deperdussin type (wheel)

After initial enthusiasm for the aircraft by the French ace Georges Guynemer, the Aéronautique Militaire placed an order for 1000 airframes,

However the Spad XII proved very difficult to fly with its unfamiliar controls, the new weapon filled the cockpit with smoke on firing and was difficult to aim and reload, and to cap it off, the new Hispano-Suiza proved to be unreliable

Its doubtful that more than twenty aircraft were completed and these were issued singly to individual Aces of the Aéronautique Militaire, There were never more than 6-8 on the front at any one time and they were widely spread throughout the Escadrille’s

Top speed 220kph at SL

Ceiling 7000m

Empty weight 628kg

gallery_23136_82_258881.jpg

and apologies for the almost inevitable mistakes I've made in the read me

And thank you TK and Thirdwire for a wonderful game and fabulous Spad model

:yes:

Have fun

(get it in the downloads once its approved)

Little mod of the Spad VII to turn it into a Spad XII (apologies and acknowledgment to Gr.Viper who went before me)

Model changes: removal of the nose humps and reskin

XXX_data.ini changes: tweaked flight model reflecting the much heavier weight, more powerful engine (220hp nominal), wing stagger, better aerodynamics, and more wing area

New weapon (37mm S.A.M.C.) New (it’s a mod of stock) reloading sound for the canon (its slow), New firing effect for the canon (cockpit smoke)

New hanger and loading screens

The canon is on the secondary fire button and takes 12 sec to reload (new sound more or less reflects this)

It has 12 reloads

I have seen the A.I get infrequent hits with this setup (I’m pretty infrequent too)

A few “Facts”

The Spad XII was a beefed up version of the Spad VII with a new engine (Hispano-Suiza 8Cb 220hp) and a slightly more refined fuselage, more wing area and the most obvious difference, slight wing stagger (something we can’t do with the stock model)

It had a 37mm S.A.M.C. semi-automatic canon with twelve reloads mounted to fire through the prop hub and with the breech situated between the pilot’s legs

Because of the breech placement the controls were of the Deperdussin type (wheel)

After initial enthusiasm for the aircraft by the French ace Georges Guynemer, the Aéronautique Militaire placed an order for 1000 airframes,

However the Spad XII proved very difficult to fly with its unfamiliar controls, the new weapon filled the cockpit with smoke on firing and was difficult to aim and reload, and to cap it off, the new Hispano-Suiza proved to be unreliable

Its doubtful that more than twenty aircraft were completed and these were issued singly to individual Aces of the Aéronautique Militaire, There were never more than 6-8 on the front at any one time and they were widely spread throughout the Escadrille’s

Top speed 220kph at SL

Ceiling 7000m

Empty weight 628kg

gallery_23136_82_258881.jpg

and apologies for the almost inevitable mistakes I've made in the read me

And thank you TK and Thirdwire for a wonderful game and fabulous Spad model

:yes:

Have fun

(get it in the downloads once its approved)

thats cool.many thanks

i increased the mass % of the nose (not sure if that has any effect on the fm tho)

and the xac table is changed to try to represent the wing stagger

Moi's are different too

never thought of the CG :blush:

See what you think

I'd be very happy if you fiddled and uploaded a new FM :)

I thought %mass is important when section is detached... Like If someone makes SPAD S.A series where observer hangs in front of the prop and the pilot is behind it.

All I did was a simple CG shift for my mod. Seemed a bit heavier to take off. But CG shift has another weird effect - cockpit position is relies on CG - not on model's centre. :biggrin: So if you do that you have to alter cockpit ini too...

Update: Tested your FM. It's great. :good: The thing is powerful, but rather unstable. I saw AI do "one shot - one kill" with it in debrief.

Some screenies to drool over

post-21726-1202978115_thumb.jpg

post-21726-1202978088_thumb.jpg

post-21726-1202978070_thumb.jpg

post-21726-1202978101_thumb.jpg

Stupid question here, where do I find the gun editor?

Thomas

Nice one P10ppy. Works a treat.

Great gun sound effect and of course all that smoke!! And keen to see if I can hit something with this!

Any chance of the seeing a new french pilot?

Edited by peter01

Thomas H: hope you got it going ok...you may need to use the Gun editor in win98 mode if its giving you trouble (forum search for clues)

Gr.Viper glad you like the FM :yes:

peter01 get very close :) i have a few French pilot repaints around (nothing flash) is that what you meant?

I can release them if people are interested

Theres also another pilot model i did (little smaller, different pose) for small cockpits, hes not as nice as TK's addon pilots though :no:

If i can make it work i shall try to release the late version of the S.A.M.C 37mm

Smooth bore and it fired cannister :biggrin: (need to work that out though)

thanks everybody, hope you all enjoy it :)

Got it working using the older gun editor :good::biggrin:

What an aircraft!!!

Thank you p10ppy, yet another masterpiece...

Thomas

peter01 get very close :) i have a few French pilot repaints around (nothing flash) is that what you meant?

I can release them if people are interested

Theres also another pilot model i did (little smaller, different pose) for small cockpits, hes not as nice as TK's addon pilots though :no:

I'm sure they are worth making available. I'm interested.

But it was a guess, based on "wwiPilotNewF".....