Sign in to follow this  
Acidrain

Frontlines Fuel of War: PC Demo

Community Manager from Kaos Studios, has informed us that the PC Multiplayer Demo for Frontlines: Fuel of War will be released on March 11, 2008 at 1pm EST and will contain the maps Invasion and Oilfield.

Many people have been asking and we're happy to announce that we will be releasing a PC multiplayer demo of Frontlines: Fuel of War on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 1pm EST.

This PC multiplayer demo will be based on the final version of the game and feature an all-new map "Invasion" in addition to the final "Oilfield" map. We will be posting more information on how to get the demo as well as a list of fixes and changes that have been made since the last beta patch, as we get closer to the release of the demo.

Kaos Studios and THQ would also like to thank you for all of your time, effort, and enthusiasm during the Frontlines beta. As part of our preparation for the demo, we will be bringing the open beta servers offline on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 11pm EST. Your participation during the beta has been extremely helpful and we again thank you for all your time and efforts.

The forums at http://community.kaosstudios.com will stay open in the meantime and we will post any updates about the demo there. We are planning a "Fight the Devs" beta event for Monday. Watch the forums for more info shortly.

Thanks and see you on the frontlines!

I wonder if this will be the true successor finally to Desert Combat.

I played a ton of DC. I played the BF2 demo for about an hour and never played it again.

I wonder if this will be the true successor finally to Desert Combat.

I played a ton of DC. I played the BF2 demo for about an hour and never played it again.

Jedi,

I think it is a good game and ive played it since the closed family and friends beta and iam playing the open beta as well. Have you had a chance to download the open beta at fileplanet and try it out? Also, there are many BF2 clans/modders dedicated to switching over and dedicating to Frontlines.

Nope, I have not! Only thing like this I've played lately is ET:QW based largely on the strength of its bots and the fact I got it on sale for $20! :grin: Well, I've also played UT2k4 and now UT3 for the same reason, great bots!

I always enjoyed playing these games coop with one or two other people vs the bots, and that's how I played 90% of the time with BF42, DC, and BFV.

Are there good bots in FFW that mimic humans well? Or is this one where if you never play against humans it falls flat?

Nope, I have not! Only thing like this I've played lately is ET:QW based largely on the strength of its bots and the fact I got it on sale for $20! :grin: Well, I've also played UT2k4 and now UT3 for the same reason, great bots!

I always enjoyed playing these games coop with one or two other people vs the bots, and that's how I played 90% of the time with BF42, DC, and BFV.

Are there good bots in FFW that mimic humans well? Or is this one where if you never play against humans it falls flat?

Yeah, the bots i can say learn and are tough going along in game. Though if you get a chance it is a rather intense game and the beta could be closing rather soon as well. It is better than ET:QW and i didnt care for it and i love this game.