MIG-29 OVT IS A VERY IMPRESSIVE FIGHTER AIRCRAFT, IT HAS GREAT MANUVERBILITY ,I HAD PLAYED WOV MIG-CAP .I HAD SHOT DOWN 6 F-104s IN A SINGLE MISSION, I HAD ALSO DOWNED 4 F-14S , THE MISSILES THAT MIG-29 OVT CARRIES ARE VERY EFFECTIVE IN RANGES FROM 2 TO 3 NM.THE ONLY TOUGH OPPONENT IS THE FA-18 HORNET WHICH USE COUNTERMEASURES LIKE CHAFF, FLARES TO CONFUSE MISSLES,THE MIG-29 OVT ALSO HAS THE CAPABILITY TO FLY AT VERY LOW ALTITUDES AND TO PULL OUT OF A DIVE AT HIGH SPEED AND CAUSING THE FOLLOWING F-4 OR F-14 TO CRASH TRYING TO PULL FROM A DIVE.

• Like 1

Hello Pilot

Just to let you know, posting is caps is considered bad manners. It makes people think you are yelling at them.

I like Scrappers work too :wink:

Well, if you fire old R-3S missile from right position and right distance and your target (bomber is beter target than fighter for R-3S) is not equped with flares you will have relatively good hit ratio :yes:

These conditions are needed for all older IR missiles R-13M, R-131M, R-60T or R-60M.

And if you use R-60TM, R-73M1 and M2 (all aspect missiles according to Weps pack jul 2006) you will have much better hit ratio.

If you combinate R-73 with R-77 (Radar quided), you are BIG KILLER!

BUT, IF you target is equiped with faffs/chlares, you have BIG problem for older missiles and problem for other IR missiles.

Similar situation is for radar quided missiles. But sometimes it is not easy hit target with this missile type too.

Well, you need some skill if you want kill plane with chaffs/flares uquipment :wink:

BUT if you have some skill with missiles, this DO NOT MEAN THAT YOU WILL HIT WITH EVERY FIRED MISSILE!!!

But the best way is cannon :haha: (my opinion)

F-14 equiped with chaffs/flares hit with R-73M2:

F-14flarehit.jpg

Target without chaffs/flares hit with R-73 in turn:

Noflares.jpg

My friend cannon:

cannon.jpg

Good conditions for R-27 (R or ER... I forgot). Target is not equped with faffs/chlares:

R-27-1.jpg

Near hit:

R-272.jpg

It is Tornado F3 by Amokfloo. He is working on new model. I love Amokfloos models!!! Can not wait for new lovely Tornado F-3 :clapping:

Another example

R-23R fired from Mig-23 - head to head position, range about five kilometers. F-14 equiped with faffs/chlares:

R-23Rpred.jpg

Hit:

Maju2.jpg

Good missile combinated with great planes (Mig-29OVT, Su-27 for example) are very dangerous for "blue side" planes :wink:

You can still miss, do not forget!!!

Edited by kukulino

Ah kukulino why'd you have to kill the Tornados!? :cray: :sad:

Ah kukulino why'd you have to kill the Tornados!? :cray: :sad:

He might have missed, it could have been a dud... :biggrin:

I love Tornados :yes:

They were together with F-14 generated randomly in that single mission.

That R-27 on screenshot hit target, but I do not post hit screenshot, because I like Tornados :wink:

Hi kukulino,

The screenshots that you have posted are from which pc game? Wov cockpit view is not similar that you are trying to describe, not even SFP1!

Also, if wov game is played with 'hard' settings, as i had once checked out. There was no radar lock-on in mig-caps! How can one thrive without even knowing where the hell the enemies are!

One more thing, what do you mean by IR missiles?

----------------

phantom

Wow kukulino your you could have done that it you appears Amokfloo's tornado to it me does not appear : _ (. Not for which I try to follow all the steps but do not obtain anything that it me appears, the truth is that one sees precious.

Hi kukulino,

The screenshots that you have posted are from which pc game? Wov cockpit view is not similar that you are trying to describe, not even SFP1!

Also, if wov game is played with 'hard' settings, as i had once checked out. There was no radar lock-on in mig-caps! How can one thrive without even knowing where the hell the enemies are!

One more thing, what do you mean by IR missiles?

----------------

phantom

IR = Infra red - thats basically a Heat Seeking missile - which are mostly short range (ie AIM-9 Sidewinder).

Looks like hes playing Wings Over Europe - but you can make WOV look like that with enough modding

That cockpit looks like the 3rd party SU-27 one that you can download from here - it will work in WOV but you would have to change the game end date to somewhere after 1984.

On hard settings - do you mean you dont get the red box around the enemy aircraft? - well you would have to use trackIR to keep your sights on them at close range and padlock is also useful.

IMO dont play with the HUD settings on hard unless you have a big hi res monitor where you can actually see other planes without a red box.

If you are playing WOV in its default state then you will get basic HUDs and poor radar performance - which would be correct for Jets from 1964 - 1972

IR = Infra red - thats basically a Heat Seeking missile - which are mostly short range (ie AIM-9 Sidewinder).

Looks like hes playing Wings Over Europe - but you can make WOV look like that with enough modding

That cockpit looks like the 3rd party SU-27 one that you can download from here - it will work in WOV but you would have to change the game end date to somewhere after 1984.

On hard settings - do you mean you dont get the red box around the enemy aircraft? - well you would have to use trackIR to keep your sights on them at close range and padlock is also useful.

IMO dont play with the HUD settings on hard unless you have a big hi res monitor where you can actually see other planes without a red box.

If you are playing WOV in its default state then you will get basic HUDs and poor radar performance - which would be correct for Jets from 1964 - 1972

Hi,

I am playing wov with all the three patches as well as the service pack applied. I still don't know how to use the weaponseditor, as it doesn't works! Changing the game end date!!!

I have some add-ons modern aircrafts like f-14, f-16, f-15....etc. If played under 'hard', will there be as you are saying a red icon at the position of an enemy aircraft??

And as i was asking, how come the pilots of yester years used to spot the enemy planes?

------------------

phantom

Looks like it's time for someone to hit the Knowledge Base here at CA...

Many of your questions will be answered in there.

Wrench

kevin stein

Hi,

I am playing wov with all the three patches as well as the service pack applied. I still don't know how to use the weaponseditor, as it doesn't works! Changing the game end date!!!

I have some add-ons modern aircrafts like f-14, f-16, f-15....etc. If played under 'hard', will there be as you are saying a red icon at the position of an enemy aircraft??

And as i was asking, how come the pilots of yester years used to spot the enemy planes?

------------------

phantom

Well in Vietnam initial contact was by a radar on a picket ship (ie red crown), early Airborne radar planes - or the Jets own radar. Once in visual range though - forget radar only your eyes will help you.

So in close you should be looking for a guns shot or a rear aspect Sidewinder/Falcon shot (you dont need a radar lock for that)

You should be able to get a radar lock on Migs (using the F-4 for example) - its required to fire a Sparrow - (and it takes time to lock up!) - but in close range the Boresight radar mode is the only mode of any use - its still something I rarely use though - looking down to muck around with radar screens isnt always the best idea in the middle of a dogfight!

The weps editor works fine - check out the knowledge base (you need to run it in win98 compatibilty mode)

Instead of selecting "Hard" select "Custom" and set everything to Hard apart from the HUD - so you still get the red box

As Wrench and CoolHand29 wrote, many your questions are explained in Knowledge base. I am lost in game moding often, so Knowledge base is my help :yes:

If you are playing on HARD settings (all on HARD), there is no red or yellow square on HUD. And if you are flying Phantom there is no square or circle on your HUD if your missile is locked on targed. So you need confirm that plane in the front of you, if it is friendly or enemy.

I use radar, F4 view (fixed on target), and Control center reports (TAB than 7 and than 2). You can use map view and another external views too. It is not easy find, confirm and shot down confirmed enemy plane (on HARD and without modern avionics systems). All you need is training :wink:

Which is friend? :haha:

Mnoho.jpg

Visual targeting (F4 key --- view fixed on target. But you need visual search - T key for example - for target before you hit F4)

I love this: Two F-15D!!! HaHAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

dve.jpg

Su-27SK cockpit. You can use this cockpit for Mig-29 too.

I fly Mig-21 very often. There is no red or yellow square too. I use IR missiles for close combat. So I shoot missiles in close range and there is no problem with confirmation enemy/friend usually. But training, training, training is needed for HARD settings dogfights.

With modern planes and missiles it is much easier.

Infra red R-73 lauch. R-73 is "locked" on F-15 (Su-27SK):

Dostanemta.jpg

dostala.jpg

Modern avionics systems are installed in modern planes. For WOV you can use many modern planes. I recommend Marcfighters Su-27SK (J-11) Flanker: http://marcfighters.combatace.com/Aircrafts.htm (my first screenshots were from WOE and I flew Su-27. I used CA_Starys effects pack: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5379 On pics in this post I do not use CA_Starys pack).

For recommended addons for WOV look into knowledge base.

If you want fly modern planes in modern campaign in WOV try MK2s Vietnam 1984:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=1975

Vietnam 1984 update:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5289

And I totally agree with CoolHand29s post upper.

But I am affraid that we are very far from Mig-29OVT topic subject :blush:

Edited by kukulino

LOL, hey Kukulino, love that screenie of the radar scope with all the targets; which is friend? Yup, Ive knocked down a few friendlies, lol. Glad its only a game or Id be spending my days in solitary at leavenworth... :warning2:

As Wrench and CoolHand29 wrote, many your questions are explained in Knowledge base. I am lost in game moding often, so Knowledge base is my help :yes:

If you are playing on HARD settings (all on HARD), there is no red or yellow square on HUD. And if you are flying Phantom there is no square or circle on your HUD if your missile is locked on targed. So you need confirm that plane in the front of you, if it is friendly or enemy.

I use radar, F4 view (fixed on target), and Control center reports (TAB than 7 and than 2). You can use map view and another external views too. It is not easy find, confirm and shot down confirmed enemy plane (on HARD and without modern avionics systems). All you need is training :wink:

Which is friend? :haha:

Mnoho.jpg

Visual targeting (F4 key --- view fixed on target. But you need visual search - T key for example - for target before you hit F4)

I love this: Two F-15D!!! HaHAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

dve.jpg

Su-27SK cockpit. You can use this cockpit for Mig-29 too.

I fly Mig-21 very often. There is no red or yellow square too. I use IR missiles for close combat. So I shoot missiles in close range and there is no problem with confirmation enemy/friend usually. But training, training, training is needed for HARD settings dogfights.

With modern planes and missiles it is much easier.

Infra red R-73 lauch. R-73 is "locked" on F-15 (Su-27SK):

Dostanemta.jpg

dostala.jpg

Modern avionics systems are installed in modern planes. For WOV you can use many modern planes. I recommend Marcfighters Su-27SK (J-11) Flanker: http://marcfighters.combatace.com/Aircrafts.htm (my first screenshots were from WOE and I flew Su-27. I used CA_Starys effects pack: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5379 On pics in this post I do not use CA_Starys pack).

For recommended addons for WOV look into knowledge base.

If you want fly modern planes in modern campaign in WOV try MK2s Vietnam 1984:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=1975

Vietnam 1984 update:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5289

And I totally agree with CoolHand29s post upper.

But I am affraid that we are very far from Mig-29OVT topic subject :blush:

Hi,

Wov is a very funny game. I have thrice reached general tag by playing and completing all the three campaigns. And every other time, by some virus or maybe by system restore, my profile gets deleted. At this moment, i am again playing wov not the campaigns, only single missions. I have reached general post and i again try to complete the first campaign...but somehow i always crash! LOL

I haven't modded by any rule book, still i have got maverick, hobos, paveway, walleye, Jp-1000, matra, ANQs.....!

Sometimes i have seen not even one shrike nor a AGM standard locks onto radar signals and destroy Fan-song Radars! And just yesterday, i used jaguar and F-4 Phantom -J to full expertise.

Sometimes when i play mig-cap with su-27(j-11) and mig-29 fulcrum, suddenly i am intercepted by mirage (older version) and its manevres are extremely fast. And in no second i am destroyed. The same plane mirage when i myself fly, its extremely slow and its AA are also not lethal!

Likewise, i switch on hard setting and i can hardly spot a plane. And just the other day, i flew f/a-18 hornet and target acquisition was very easy!

--------------------------

phantom

I like Scrappers work too :wink:

Well, if you fire old R-3S missile from right position and right distance and your target (bomber is beter target than fighter for R-3S) is not equped with flares you will have relatively good hit ratio :yes:

These conditions are needed for all older IR missiles R-13M, R-131M, R-60T or R-60M.

And if you use R-60TM, R-73M1 and M2 (all aspect missiles according to Weps pack jul 2006) you will have much better hit ratio.

If you combinate R-73 with R-77 (Radar quided), you are BIG KILLER!

BUT, IF you target is equiped with faffs/chlares, you have BIG problem for older missiles and problem for other IR missiles.

Similar situation is for radar quided missiles. But sometimes it is not easy hit target with this missile type too.

Well, you need some skill if you want kill plane with chaffs/flares uquipment :wink:

BUT if you have some skill with missiles, this DO NOT MEAN THAT YOU WILL HIT WITH EVERY FIRED MISSILE!!!

But the best way is cannon :haha: (my opinion)

F-14 equiped with chaffs/flares hit with R-73M2:

F-14flarehit.jpg

Target without chaffs/flares hit with R-73 in turn:

Noflares.jpg

My friend cannon:

cannon.jpg

Good conditions for R-27 (R or ER... I forgot). Target is not equped with faffs/chlares:

R-27-1.jpg

Near hit:

R-272.jpg

It is Tornado F3 by Amokfloo. He is working on new model. I love Amokfloos models!!! Can not wait for new lovely Tornado F-3 :clapping:

Another example

R-23R fired from Mig-23 - head to head position, range about five kilometers. F-14 equiped with faffs/chlares:

R-23Rpred.jpg

Hit:

Maju2.jpg

Good missile combinated with great planes (Mig-29OVT, Su-27 for example) are very dangerous for "blue side" planes :wink:

You can still miss, do not forget!!!

Air combat in WOV is very tough even with modern aa missiles,the missiles i found the most effective in WOV air combat are radar guided apex-c (2.5 to 3 nm) and heat seeking apex-a air to air missile (0.5 to 1nm),and also the long range sparrow missile.

very nice description about various kinds of radar guided and heat-seeking aa missiles ,great air combat screenshots .