Sign in to follow this  
JediMaster

KC-10 at Ascension Island

Tried to UL this to the gallery, but I had some issues. Maybe local proxy filter, not sure.

Anyway, it's a common enough plane, just landing in an uncommon place.

post-1880-1202994299_thumb.jpg

Actually JM is is a very common stop. We have USAF airtrans people over there to handle them. One of my troops is getting assigned there for 2 years.

Yes, but there aren't a lot of pics of it! The volcanic landscape is what makes it unique.

I had some pics of some Tornados there, but they were pretty blurry and crappy.

I just hope I don't have to go there! One of the techs I work with took this pic because he volunteered to go there for 3 weeks while the other came out for vacation. I NEVER want to go. A 12 hr flight with another 3 hr leg? Ugh. I can barely stand to fly to Vegas from Atlanta, and that's less than 4 on a MUCH nicer plane. Stupid DC-8s.

Yes, but there aren't a lot of pics of it! The volcanic landscape is what makes it unique.

I had some pics of some Tornados there, but they were pretty blurry and crappy.

I just hope I don't have to go there! One of the techs I work with took this pic because he volunteered to go there for 3 weeks while the other came out for vacation. I NEVER want to go. A 12 hr flight with another 3 hr leg? Ugh. I can barely stand to fly to Vegas from Atlanta, and that's less than 4 on a MUCH nicer plane. Stupid DC-8s.

Fly from Dallas to Korea. I did that in 2002 to see my wife for 10 days. Talk about a long flight.

You'll never get me on a transatlantic flight, let alone transpacific! Now if it's a suborbital shot that does it in an hour, fine, otherwise...

back in the 80's a DC-10 "landed" (read- "fell") at our itty-bitty little 7300 foot airport. It left 3 footprints where It "touched" (read- "stomped") down and it almost overran. Luckily, It was able to get off again the next week, after repairs were executed.