I know its kinda hush-hush subject and to meka clear its not a gimme-gimme post, but it would be nice if someone could make light in hows the project going...i know it was meant to be released with the Desert Storm campaign a i saw a couple of pictures of it a while ago, so a heads up would be nice. :ok:

I know its kinda hush-hush subject and to meka clear its not a gimme-gimme post, but it would be nice if someone could make light in hows the project going...i know it was meant to be released with the Desert Storm campaign a i saw a couple of pictures of it a while ago, so a heads up would be nice. :ok:

Russ, we want our Buckarrooo and we want it now! :biggrin:

I'm with you piloto, the Buccaneer is at the top of my most-wanted list.

JSF Aggie is putting the final work on the campaign and terrain for the DS mod. Then its off to Wrench for target populating. We are going to wait and see if there is any words on the patch just to make sure nothing gets broke. But if it seems like its going to take longer, then we will go ahead and release. No ETA though.

Seems like many things hapening all around ... sometimes I forgot what was in the pipe... like the old F-35 like those reminder threads.

USAFMTL good news!!! :victory:

Seems like many things hapening all around ... sometimes I forgot what was in the pipe... like the old F-35 like those reminder threads.

USAFMTL good news!!! :victory:

It certainly would be good to see the old Buccaneer in the WOE skies and would go along way to filling the remaining Fleet Air Arm gaps, for a decent Buccaneer I can definetly wait 2 weeks.

Lazboy

I'm amazed at how open the modders are recently. I'd like to thank you for that.

I'm amazed at how open the modders are recently. I'd like to thank you for that.

I don't want to speak for my peers, but when you have been answering the same questions for five years, and dealing with the same sorts of problems, it sometimes feels like Chinese water torture. drip-drip-drip

That said, I am guilty as charged of being intolerant at times, and I'm working on it daily. :yes:

Thanks for your support!

I'm sure Russ is still working on it, I've just no idea how far he has to go or if he has an ETA.

JSF Aggie is putting the final work on the campaign and terrain for the DS mod. Then its off to Wrench for target populating. We are going to wait and see if there is any words on the patch just to make sure nothing gets broke. But if it seems like its going to take longer, then we will go ahead and release. No ETA though.

Don't release it too soon because i havn't thought of any ways to question it after release yet.I mean come on after all the blood sweat and tears you guys have put into this We (community) need to have some really infuriating questions ready apon release.All joking aside I can just imagine how good this is gonna be. :clapping:

Russ has given it to the Mirage Factory to finish. No ETA at this time.

I'm sure Russ is still working on it, I've just no idea how far he has to go or if he has an ETA.

Russ has passed it on to the DS mod crew. (oh, I stand corrected, Mirage factory !)

Lets just wait and see, patience is a virtue.

Don't release it too soon because i havn't thought of any ways to question it after release yet.I mean come on after all the blood sweat and tears you guys have put into this We (community) need to have some really infuriating questions ready apon release.All joking aside I can just imagine how good this is gonna be. :clapping:

"Can you tell me why it does not look like a banana everyone says it is supposed to look like a banana do you know do you know do you know?"

:biggrin:

"Can you tell me why it does not look like a banana everyone says it is supposed to look like a banana do you know do you know do you know?"

:biggrin:

I thought it looked like a pineapple. :biggrin:

"How dare you ! How dare you !!"

You American's probably won't get that, but anyone in the UK who watches "Phoenix Nights" or "Max and Paddy's Road to Nowhere" will. :biggrin::biggrin:

"How dare you ! How dare you !!"

You American's probably won't get that, but anyone in the UK who watches "Phoenix Nights" or "Max and Paddy's Road to Nowhere" will. :biggrin::biggrin:

That'll ding dang do for me!

I was just browsing through some old aviation books from when I was a kid. West's Modern Fighters. I came across the Buc and remembered how when I was a kid, for some reason I loved it (and the A-6).

LOVE THE BUC.

It is definately one of the one's i would make if i wa a gifted modder, had the necessary modeling software, etc.

To those that do, THANKS AGAIN. If and when the Buc comes out I will be one more step towards nirvana, paradise, whatever you call it.

And, keep your banana's to yourselves.

Edited by USMC Hawker

I have a soft spot for the old Buccaneer. Just wish I'd actually been around when they were in service. All the coolest planes for me were 1950's\60's vintage.

There really is something magical about them.

When one is finally released I'll certainly be taking one low and fast over Hanoi in a hypothetical "what if" scenario. :clapping:

I have a soft spot for the old Buccaneer. Just wish I'd actually been around when they were in service.

Luckily I was (& the Vulcan/Victor) & they were awesome.

It really was a crying shame in the 90s to pass the scrapyard in Elgin where the ones from Lossiemouth were all cut up.

Some good clips on Youtube though.

It was a delight to find the Hunter and Spey-engined Phantoms in WoE so a Buccaneer would be the cherry on the top of the cake for me.

The Buccanneer does bring back fond memories of when we actually had a navy and a Fleet Air Arm and due to my advanced years I was lucky enough to see a few fly in the past, a classy old lady right to the end even doing sterling service in the Gulf War in 1991 alongside aircraft less than half her age.

post-27199-1203066804_thumb.jpg

Edited by lazboy

Thank you guys for keeping us updated!!! im with most of the opinions here, love the Buck!!

Low & fast.....you would never see them coming...ok, if it was smokeless you wouldnt.... :biggrin:

That's gotta be one of the ugliest planes I've ever seen!

I love the Bucc but you are so right, that is UGLY.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer...err...beholder my friend.