Sign in to follow this  
Brainless

Valentines Day

It's Valentines Day today in the UK. I don't know how may countries have this ridiculous event. Do you have it in the USA?

Anyway it's HAPPPY VALENTINES from me Brainless to all you lady Combatace members and fellas if you are effected by this it's not too late to dash out and buy your wife/girlfriend/partner or whatever the mandatory card and single rose/box of chocolates, sexy underwear or whatever's appropriate.

I forgot last year but my misses didn't and embarrassed me with the fact to friends when we went out to dinner the other night so yes I got her the card and rose this year. ( it always amazes me that they remember these sorts of things years after the event and bring it up at the most unexpected times).

So go and do it now fellas or you won't here the last of it for at least a fortnight and worst still there'll be no sex for a month. :biggrin:

Fortunately for me I did'nt forget this valentine's day, if I had, I would never hear the end of it, as I still have to listen to her about me forgetting our second marriage anniversary :doh::nono:

Edited by Atreides

What did some of you get your significant others?

I got my wife one of those Vermont Teddy Bears. The US Army Camo bear. She really likes it.

Roses (predictable) and stuff from the Body Shop (bath stuff, creams, lotions) and then more stuff later on...

Noarmaly i celebrate it.

but I don´t celebrate this valentine's day.

First valentines day since 7 years that i´m alone....

hopefully next year i celebrate it again...

Noarmaly i celebrate it.

but I don´t celebrate this valentine's day.

First valentines day since 7 years that i´m alone....

hopefully next year i celebrate it again...

I am alone too. Had to send my gift.

What did some of you get your significant others?

I got my wife one of those Vermont Teddy Bears. The US Army Camo bear. She really likes it.

My wife makes it easy. She thinks V-day is just a ploy by the card/flower/chocolate industry so she doesn't insist on anything but a handmade card.

My wife makes it easy. She thinks V-day is just a ploy by the card/flower/chocolate industry so she doesn't insist on anything but a handmade card.

does she have any sisters? or was she a mail-order bride from ukraine?

just kidding, cause you don't get a lot of her kind these days

you're a lucky man :clapping: she's a keeper

Edited by kesegy

I am alone too. Had to send my gift.

yes, but you have someone to send a gift! :wink:

No one to send a gift to. No one to receive it from. For 22 years.

My wife's b-day is the week before Xmas, so after our like 3rd year together she stopped caring about a separate gift and instead it's just cards and usually dinner. This year we're going out Sunday night, though, because the Melting Pot, where we wanted to go, changed their menu on V-day so instead of it being $70 a couple it was $105!! For a smaller fixed menu! No thanks...

Took my wife to Melting Pot in Sacramento for her bday with her brother and his girlfriend. Factor in the drinks and that is steep. My wife is on a business trip for vday so, i stuffed a card in her suitcase and we are good. After hemmoraging cash at christmas we called a spending freeze :crazy:

( it always amazes me that they remember these sorts of things years after the event and bring it up at the most unexpected times).

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yeah, having my birthday on St Valentin's day is pretty cool, I have lots of attentions even when I'm single :biggrin:

Yeah, having my birthday on St Valentin's day is pretty cool, I have lots of attentions even when I'm single :biggrin:

Well Happy Birthday to us, corktip, has been my birthday too.

And I spent it recovering an abandoned dog, gaining his trust, feeding him, and finding him a new home!

His happines at the end of the day has been a great gift

Edited by Canadair

Well Happy Birthday to us, corktip, has been my birthday too.

And I spent it recovering an abandoned dog, gaining his trust, feeding him, and finding him a new home!

His happines at the end of the day has been a great gift

That alone can make your day! Great move you made there mate, happy birthday to you :good:

Not to be a wet blanket, but my GF turned into a total valentinzilla yesterday!! I organised all the romantic stuff during the day to be delivered to her office (although the lazy driver was about 3 hours late with it!) and was being sweet and romantic for her on this hallmar—I mean valentine’s day (despite the fact that ot's so mushy and sickening! :tongue:). Anyways, she was going to be at Uni until about ten pm, so I figured “Sweet, Cypress Hill are playing Radelaide tonight, I’ll head over with a couple of the lads and check hem out. I’ll be home before she is. But noooooo… someone had a huge s**tfit because I was going to see Cypress, even though she can't stand them.

Can I gauge some responses from you guys? Was I screwing up or was she being unreasonable??

One of the better things I'e done, cause we all know how us males tend to forget things, is have Valentines Days your anniversery.

so much eaiser to remember....

Pat got her usual, with the plus of an extra rose I left out last night before bedtime (wasn't sure 'the usual' had gotten ordered. The "usual" being a large ballon bouquet delivered to her office with a card and some kind of stufed animial (mostly cats); same as I do for her birthday.

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: Happy V-Day to all!!

Not to be a wet blanket, but my GF turned into a total valentinzilla yesterday!! I organised all the romantic stuff during the day to be delivered to her office (although the lazy driver was about 3 hours late with it!) and was being sweet and romantic for her on this hallmar—I mean valentine's day (despite the fact that ot's so mushy and sickening! :tongue: ). Anyways, she was going to be at Uni until about ten pm, so I figured "Sweet, Cypress Hill are playing Radelaide tonight, I'll head over with a couple of the lads and check hem out. I'll be home before she is. But noooooo… someone had a huge s**tfit because I was going to see Cypress, even though she can't stand them.

Can I gauge some responses from you guys? Was I screwing up or was she being unreasonable??

Unreasonable, hell no!

I'm guessing it was an Aussie rules game, no ?

Anway, whatever sport it was, beer was bound to be involved. We all know what happens to you boys when the beer starts flowing.

Sorry. :biggrin: I'd have done the same.

She might have had something planned, was gonna come home early.

Christ ! Men ! :biggrin:

One of the better things I'e done, cause we all know how us males tend to forget things, is have Valentines Days your anniversery.

so much eaiser to remember....

Pat got her usual, with the plus of an extra rose I left out last night before bedtime (wasn't sure 'the usual' had gotten ordered. The "usual" being a large ballon bouquet delivered to her office with a card and some kind of stufed animial (mostly cats); same as I do for her birthday.

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: Happy V-Day to all!!

Happy Brthday to your dear wife Kevin!

I took the wife for a half day spa treatment, (The only way I can get away with another woman rubbing on me!) Complete with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. She left her wedding band in the changing room, less than a week after losing the diamond out of the engagement ring I got her 17 years ago. She has quite a bit to work off now that I think about it.................. :yes:

Hehe, no Cypress Hill as in "Insane in the Membrane" and "Hits from the Bong", hiphop. She was difinitely going to be at Uni until ten. I asked her mates...

Good, didn't think I was bein unreasonable. :biggrin:

Hehe, no Cypress Hill as in "Insane in the Membrane" and "Hits from the Bong", hiphop. She was difinitely going to be at Uni until ten. I asked her mates...

Good, didn't think I was bein unreasonable. :biggrin:

Oh...aren't I the dumb $@#£ of the world. :biggrin:

Cypress Hill, of course. Not my kind of music, that's my excuse...

Oh...aren't I the dumb $@#£ of the world. :biggrin:

Cypress Hill, of course. Not my kind of music, that's my excuse...

It's okay, despite being colonial riff raff, we'll forgive you for being a pom. :biggrin: (and because you're a Spad fan!)