Sign in to follow this  
BeanZ

The ‘Greatest Generation’

Howzit Mr. Beanz, I'm from hawaii too. Anyways man that guy is hardcore, we need more people like that so nobody would break into people homes so much.

lolol! good for him...

we have the same problem in Israel lately, robbers and attackers of old people

but this one showed them not to mess with him :)

Holy crap that's awesome! Go Jimmy!

Something that caught my eye was one of the attacker's names. Paul Perry is the name of one of my best mates who I've known since high school! :blink::biggrin:

There really is something about that generation. My own grandfather, God rest him, chased down someone who was trying to steal his lawnmower at the age of 82, forcing the thief to abandon it to escape. I'm glad this guy defended himself and his property.

For some reason Russian government successfully got rid of alomst all veterans. I mean, provinding them (and officers in general) with new flats and better support is always on the agenda of our politicians. Seems to be such a good point for elections that none of them actualy do much about it, probably keeping the issue for posterity and letting the next batch of rulers yet again yell about "improving living conditions". They remember about those who won the war only for promotion when they need to make a poster with some old man with enough medals on the left side of his chest to turn it into full plate armour.

Wuzzup Pighunta69! Glad to hear from another ‘local boy’. Love your signature BTWJ

A few years ago my then 79 yrs old grandpaw got into a ‘road rage’ incident with an 30y-ish, 6’4”, 200lb+ ‘human gorilla’ – according to the description of my sister who was driving the car at that time. When this jumping, leaping, raging Simian specimen started pounding on my sister’s window (she is 5’2” and weights 105lb) while trying to jerk open the locked door, grandpaw got out the passenger’s side, walked over and calmly faced down this mountain of muscle. My sis later described to me the incredible sight of this little wizen old man who stood firm in front of an enraged man twice his size and less than half his age, gently talked the animal into submission and eventual retreat.

What Mr. Big Man didn’t realize was that my grandfather was an original member of the famed 442nd Regimental Combat Team (the ‘Go For Broke’), and a Judo instructor (8th dan) for 30yrs, who could probably man-handle him easily if push comes to shove. When I asked grandpaw about this, his only comment was: “Kids nowadays are so impatient!”

Grandpaw passed away 2yrs ago; I missed him dearly.

this same thing happened in a city close to us, but three teens jumped a vietnam vet. He broke the arm of the kid who grabbed him, then pulled a knife on the other two, who then took off. However, It was him who was charged for assult. The court case is pending.

way to go, Canadian Justice System.