Sign in to follow this  
Syrinx

Babylon 5

Anyone know if the Babylon 5 add-on for Freespace ia available anywhere. Used to be on one of Volition's websites but I can't find it.

I loved that show, would be nice to try out a Starfury.

Got it, thanks.

Outstanding piece of work :good:

Yeah, Hard Light's the place to go for FS2 mods. Check out the Wing Commander mod too. Its gold!

Look in the sci-fi section of this forum as well...already discussed there...not the Bab5 part

You can also check the Inferno mod (link), I'm beta tester of the next release (Inferno Alliance Standalone) :biggrin:

I'm also working on other campaigns for FS2: Steadfast (actually, I quitted working on that due to lack of time), The Final Countdown (guess on what it's based :ninja: ), and probably I'll restart working on FreeSpam.

I'm registered as Darth Dysko on HLP (Dysko was already taken as nickname), and I hope to find many of you soon!

That's not the same as the "I Found Her" game, is it? I tried playing IFH and it's HARD fighting with those kinds of flight physics.

That's not the same as the "I Found Her" game, is it? I tried playing IFH and it's HARD fighting with those kinds of flight physics.

No, The Babylon Project is a total conversion using the now open source FreeSpace 2 engine.

Like Wing Commander Saga and BattleStar Galactica: Beyond the Red Line, you don't need the original FS2 to play, but when I played an older release of TBP I remember it lacked training missions, so my previous knowledge of FS2 helped me a lot since it uses the same controls (WCS and BSG: BtRL don't have this problem since they already have training missions). I haven't tried the latest release, maybe now it has training missions.

Oh... TBP includes FRED2 (the FreeSpace mission and campaign editor), so you can have fun scripting your own missions and campaigns :biggrin:

Regarding flight physics: I clearly remember the Starfuries have a sort of "glide" feature to simulate Newtonian physics (the current build of the FS2 engine doesn't support fully Newtonian physics, but some people are already working on it). AFAIK, from a recent thread on HLP I read, other fighters don't glide, but it would be extremely easy to enable it.

Ah, so I'm guessing TBP is a LOT easier to fly than IFH then.

It probably makes more sense before translation to English. I never got far with the game, but the premise is an Earthforce destroyer (I think) gets lost in hyperspace and then is found again 10 years later, all very mysterious. I only flew the early missions against Raiders and those guys were tough enough that I got stuck.