Sign in to follow this  
Firecage

Clouds and target loss

I have been working on a few things and I wanted to tap everyone brain for ideas and infomation.

I have noticed the AI is having ZERO problems keeping a target lock in clouds and the human player loses them alot. IS there a way to have the AI suffer from loss of target lock when they get a cloud between me and them?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Can't think of any "realtime" solution. But if I remember correctly ini files allow global changes of detection range for AI. I suppose it wolud be possible to create a utility that would intensify bad weater chances to nearly 100% and reduce detection abilities of AI by juggling with ini-s. Like "press a button to have real bad weather/clear weather". Tracking clouds would require TK altering code, and actually I haven't seen many sims that continiously check line of sight (Silent Hunter 3 series even allows ships see through hills on dry land).