Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

American SouthWest

American SouthWest

American SouthWest Terrain for SF, WoE & WoV

This semi-fictional terrain represents Southern Texas and part of Northeastern Mexico (Tampilas/Monterrey) region, along with part of the western Gulf of Mexico. I use the term 'semi-fictional', as for the most part, the cities and airfields are relatively close to their real life locations, but some fictional target areas have been added for playability. I've designed this to be used in the alternative world of the "Global Sedition" vs the "North American Alliance"; it is, however, usable in any era from 1940-2040, with minor changes in the targets and types inis. The terrain could use some more work, but I'm releasing it "as is", as there's pretty much not more I can do with it.

This terrain is a rebuild of a partly completed build found via a discussion at SimHQ. It should also be noted at this time, =I DID NOT BUILD THE TERRAIN!!= I'm only completing someone elses work...and couldn't have done it without the assistance of some superb people. The original readme is included. So the =ONLY= credit I can and will take, is for simply finishing the job.

This package ONLY includes the necessary inis, HFD, TFD and a few add-on objects that are needed for the necessary eye-candy. 3 Planning Maps are included, for the varying zooms, but they are very basic and won't show the cities and 'other' target areas. NO terrain tiles are included (see Notes below for reccomendations)

It has been -almost- completly rebuilt, the creation of briefing, movement, a completely NEW targets ini, and upgrading the data ini to the latest standards (ie: one that works). Water effects are active, so Vista users take note...more information for you is below in the Install Instructions. See "Notes for Vista Users".

It is set up to use the SF desert tiles. You WoE and WoV users WILL have to get a suitable 'alternative' set of tiles; See the NOTES section below for more information, and my reccomendations for tile sets.

It is reccomended (read: REQUIRED) that you have Pasko's SAMs and Vehicles Pak installed in your GroundObject folder; either or both the Desert or Euro skinned vehicles, plus any additional vehicles such as Kesselbrut's ZIL truck pak, Infantry paks, Moonjumper's fix for the BM-14-16 (adds working Kytusha rockets) and any other SAMS or AAA, vehicles or whatever strikes your fancy. With such an 'open ended' time frame for use, any and all GroundObjects should be available for use.

PLEASE!!! Read the enclosed 'asw_readme.txt' for full, detailed step-by-step install instructions. Also, the "Notes" section which has further detailed information pertaining to tile sets and Vista users. EVERYTHING you need to know is in there..I wrote it so you'd have as little problems as possible

Happy Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Thanks wrench for your patience and for sharing

So, if I had USAF aggressor nation to this map, I can setup redflag right?

Grins,, what d you think?

Any idea where to find the D-20?

Edited by Canadair

Thanks Wrench!! I'm enjoying ASW! The anti-ship works here too!!

Thanks a lot for bringing this one back from the land of the lost Kevin!

Canadair: in the readme it say "Pasko's SAMs and Vehicles Pak"...the D-20 is in there. don't forget to get kesselbrut ZIL pak; they are SUPER cool--have headlights at night. The readme suggests adding every ground object you can get your hands on...be wary of adding FastCargo's Gammon ... it really raises hell. They'll show up when ever, as I set most of the SAM sites to the generic "SAM_L" :haha:

Install the Pak first, then add my D-20_data.ini to the Sov arty piece. I'm sure it was working before, but this just make sure.

(btw: it's the data ini used for the D-20 in the DS mod)

Watch for the arty duels at Brownsville...I placed the batteries juuuussst out of range of each other...being the a$$hole I am :haha:

As to a RedFlag scenario...that's just BS to me; I want to blow up Commies! (that what you get for being born in the 1950s!!) Mod away!!! Have at it!! Enjoy it!! :yes:

I was going to add the USS Texas at Houston...but didn't want to bother Hinch for permissions. I"ll post the needed info, if anyone wants, to add his HMS Iron Duke as a stand in. It IS the only Dreadnought-style BB we have.

I also forgot to mention, bonus point for IDing the persons whose names are used for the Forts (excepting Sam Houston--that's a real place!), and they're associations/tie-in to Texas. And this from a confirmed Californiaian.

Like I said inthe credits, I couldn't have done it with some VEEEERRRY good help. And allen, YOU'RE 'mentioned in dispatches'

Wrench

kevin stein

Canadair: in the readme it say "Pasko's SAMs and Vehicles Pak"...the D-20 is in there. don't forget to get kesselbrut ZIL pak; they are SUPER cool--have headlights at night. The readme suggests adding every ground object you can get your hands on...be wary of adding FastCargo's Gammon ... it really raises hell. They'll show up when ever, as I set most of the SAM sites to the generic "SAM_L" :haha:

Wrench of course I have all the pack you mentioned and more, (I am the one that dig into your site and found the beatidul nose arty desertpink eagle, a very underrated mod...), and I do read read mes.. but I can't find the D-20 in the pack.. I will check again.. must be under my eyes

edit

List of included objects:

Hawk Launcher

Chaparral

SA-3:

SA-3 Goa Dual

SA-3 Goa Mobile

SA-3 Goa Quad

SA-8 Gecko

SA-9 Gaskin

SA-7

Hawk CW Radar

Hawk HP Radar

Sidenet Radar

Spoonrest Radar

Flat Face Radar

M-42 Duster

ZPU-4 AAA

M-60A1 Patton Tank

Su-100 Tank

T-34-85

T-55 bridgelayer

T-62 Tank

M-41 Tank

BRDM-2

BTR-60

FROG-3 Launcher

Kraz-255 Command Truck

Camouflage Netting

Centurion (desert)

Centruion (Eruo) (tank by Phlerp)

Edited by Canadair

And for that matter, anyone knows what happened to the SA-6 ? Can't find it anywhere anymore and it was included in

an older package of Pasko's......

Aju,

Derk :huh:

The only SA-6 I know of, are the stock WoE ones.

As to the D-20...hmmm...I can't seem to find it in the archived "Desert Pak". I've found the Euro one!! I"ll just upload them together, so you all can have them

Wrench

kevin stein