Just downloaded the Tornado FMk.3 from AVSIM, installed it according to instructions, it loads, but when it gets to 100%, the program locks up. This is the only aircraft that this problem is associated with, is this a known problem? If so, can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by PigDriver

Well known problem. Believe the knowledge base has a topic about it.

How did you download it?? I can't ever get the download page to work!! 2 years now!!!!! :blink:

I would wait .. amokfloo has a F3 in the pipe so I`m waiting too .. can`t be long

I don't know. Only pics I've seen show it still as 3dsMAX. Then again he did just finish the Mongol...

Didn't he make this Tonka?

I saw some good pics of it, ingame pics ...

So .. pls wait :smile:

WHERE? *drools*

Thanks, I got it through downloading the Burning Sands campaign. I'll defintely be waiting for amokfloo's new one! :good:

Well, my new Tornado F3 is indeed in game, but as you see, it´s still a very early stage. Needs to be mapped and tuned in avionics and stuff. I´m still working on it beside some other stuff, please be patient.

The ADV from avsim worked fine here...and I usually manage to screw things up quite well...

Verdammt gute Arbeit, deine §D modelle sind einfach klasse.. fliege gern mit dem Tornado!!!

For all other.. damn good work!

Well, my new Tornado F3 is indeed in game, but as you see, it´s still a very early stage. Needs to be mapped and tuned in avionics and stuff. I´m still working on it beside some other stuff, please be patient.

Looking good there Amok :good:

I have the same problem with the FMk3, and I have applied the fix listed above and even tried the ini files from the spanish thread, all to no avail, I still get a CTD as the aircraft is loading

Bizzarely enough I undid the ini fix and the aircraft now loads to the point I am sitting in the cockpit, but as soon as I try to take off I get a CTD

Bizzarely enough I undid the ini fix and the aircraft now loads to the point I am sitting in the cockpit, but as soon as I try to take off I get a CTD

Thats what usually happens without the INI fix.

Odd, so in my case the fix just made it worse. :blink:

Craig I had exactly the same problem. That's why I've given up on the F3 (for now... :wink: ).

It's probably the rudder issue people :wink:

As soon as you move the rudder, game CTD's righ? If so...

Here's what fixed it for me:

[Rudder]

SystemType=CONTROL_SURFACE

InputName=YAW_CONTROL

ReverseInput=TRUE

MaxDeflection=10.0

MinDeflection=-10.0

CDdc=0.0144

Cydc=0.2777

Cldc=-0.0055

Cndc=-0.1367

CldcAlphaTableNumData=15

CldcAlphaTableDeltaX=4.00

CldcAlphaTableStartX=-28.00

CldcAlphaTableData=-12.433,-10.883,-9.281,-7.632,-5.947,-4.233,-2.498,-0.751,1.000,2.746,4.478,6.189,7.870,9.512,11.108

CndcAlphaTableNumData=15

CndcAlphaTableDeltaX=4.00

CndcAlphaTableStartX=-28.00

CndcAlphaTableData=0.869,0.902,0.930,0.953,0.972,0.986,0.996,1.000,1.000,0.995,0.985,0.970,0.950,0.926,0.897

ControlRate=5.0

MaxControlSpeed=180

RotationAxis=Z-Axis

ModelNodeName=rudder

ReverseModelOrientation=TRUE

Are you by chance useing a green/grey colored camo? I had this and switched to an all grey camo and it works fine. I never did figure out why the green/grey camo was causing this. I had most CTDs while flying red birds when F6-ing. As soon as the Tornado came into view CTD.

Only using the F mk3 so no cammo, anyway the problem is fixed thanks to the rudder ini entry and the flightengine ini fix, Thanks Brain