Sign in to follow this  
Hawker

EA-6B Prowler Beta - Get it here

I installed it as you said. For some reason the jet engine sound cuts off. I have the engine sound for a while then it stops. None of my other planes are displaying this problem. I checked all the other planes and the engine sound is constant throughout the missions.

Was I supposed to install that "jet engine" file you posted at the abv link?

Thx

Guest MrMudd

no you may have differnt issues. the JetEngine sound is the default sound for several of the jets in strike fighters, of which you all ready had. this new File was a remaster of a a recording by hawker of a F14 at Idle and then with more sampling added in. It is a nice replacement.

I sometimes have the sound go out on me at times as well, it could be a bug in the game

Hmmm, not sure if that happens or not with mine. I'll do some more testing.

For anyone with invisible fuselage problems, in another thread Wolfman fixed it by installing the latest DX9. Try that, it should do the trick.

The link for this plane is still working in case anyone wants this jet still.

Just curious if any of you are still flying it.

Guest capun

Hawker

Are you back? Did you read my post requesting the release of the model you sent me? The one circulating around is a little older.

A lot of people were asking about your latest's release version, If you haven't done it can I repost this message at SimHQ?

Thx

Capun, sure you can repost this. I'm still not back home. Have a ways to go yet but it's coming quickly. Early Feb for now.

Wolfman, cool, thanks for posting the pics. :D

My son is a staff sargent in the Marine Corp. He has worked on the avionics system of the Prowler for the past 10 years, the last two being the instructor at Whedby Island. He's home on leave right now on the way to be restationed at Cherry Point NC where he will be running the maintenance shop there. Told him I saw you had uploaded a Prowler mod and that I was going to download and let him look at it.

Got any question you might want to ask about it (non-classified of cours :D )

Falcon Six Two,

I'm in Baghdad, Iraq, where I've been since September. Hopefully in early

February I'll be home. The bad news is it's still very dangerous here, the good

news is we can surf the net. :D

I'm active duty Air Force and was sent here as a heavy airlift (C-5) maintenance

controller.

Stinger22, no questions just yet but possibly in the near future. Thanks.

Edited by Hawker1

Whoa! Your in IRAQ?!?!?!?!?!? Damn! I'd hate to be in a place like that......makes me glad I'm non-military. At least for the time being.....;)

Anyway, you work w/ Trash Haulers? Hmmm........how much do they pay you?

Trash haulers? Far from it. More like troop haulers, artillery, tanks, munitions, helo's, mail, etc.

Money, well... I'm making a fortune here. I'll be able to retire by the time I get

home. Have you seen "Three Kings" ? That's me. :D Here I am with this golden

gun, an AK-47, of Saddam's which is going to a museum after a few troops get

their pictures take with it. It was a present from his sons. It's a real beauty

though. I hated to part with it after getting this pic.

1811496-M.jpg

Edited by Hawker1

Hawker1,

Thanx for the reply on the skins. Cool Pic too. :D Which C-5's you working on? After I got out of the Service, I went to work at Lockheed Georgia. I did all the Avonics Racks Wiring for all the "B" Models in the Mid-to Late Eighties.

Take care of yourself over there.

SEMPER FI!

Wolfman ;)

Any and all C-5s. A, B, and C models. Worked on all the even number tails at Travis, and now all the odd number ones at Dover. I came in the USAF in '89 and I remember lots of mod's going on at Travis.

Thanks. Not much longer here thank goodness.

Falcon,

I proposed an ALQ-134 Pods for it over to the Weapons Development Team.

I thank It's Being Worked on.

SEMPER FI!

Wolfman :D