Sign in to follow this  
ordway

Mirage F1-200 cockpit (SAAF modified)

Mirage F1-200 cockpit (SAAF modified)

Mirage F1-200 Cockpit (SAAF Modified).

Reworked Pit from Foxmonter's nice Super Etendard.

The SAAF Mirage F1s had up to thirteen reported air victories during the bushwars (ACIG).

It includes new cockpit placards, seat bitmaps, buttons, switches, gauge colors, a new ADI and the F.1 avionics.

Instructions:

Backup your files!

1. Copy all the contents from the appropriate folder into the Mirage F1-200 aircraft folder usually at C:Program FilesThirdWireStrikeFightersObjectsAircraftmirage F1-200 (or wherever your F1-200 is located). When asked, overwrite files and folders.

Being South African, the locations of many cockpit items are different from a standard Mirage F1. They did not have spare parts, after all, due to the embargo.

With the gracious permission of;

Foxmonter.

Thanks to Mirage Factory for gunsight placard and portions of the F-1 seat.

Do not distribute, repackage or post without previous consent.

Only Combatace, Column5 and Checksix have permission to post this file.

All Copyrights Reserved FoxMonter 3d Design © 2003-2006.

No Modifications without previous consent is allowed.

This is NOT for payware use.

V1.1 Slightly modified landing gear indicator panel.

Enjoy.

Richard Pitts2A Ordway

Some more pics:

img00016smalltake6.jpg

infoblurb.jpg

f1cockpit61.jpg

It is based on Foxmonter's nice Super Etendard cockpit with his kind permission.

With the gracious permission of;

Foxmonter.

Thanks to Mirage Factory for gunsight placard and portions of the F-1 seat.

There it is!

Just tried my favourite Mirage with this, it rocks, very nice job ordway :good:

Hi, just wanna say that i agree with Brain, nice work Ordway!!!,................. was playing F-1 missions, (can't get tired of F-1), and was lookin for some SAAF skins and didn't find anything, is there a SAAF mod or F-1A/CZ outhere that im not aware of???????

post-27308-1203277899_thumb.jpg

Hi, just wanna say that i agree with Brain, nice work Ordway!!!,................. was playing F-1 missions, (can't get tired of F-1), and was lookin for some SAAF skins and didn't find anything, is there a SAAF mod or F-1A/CZ outhere that im not aware of???????

post-27308-1203277899_thumb.jpg

I haven't found any yet (for the F1)...and I've looked.

I'm working on a historical SAAF F.1 skin for the eventual bushwars mod...unfortunately the skin is quite a ways off.

Anyone?

Nice! :good:

I'm looking forward to the Bushwars mod, it's a war that has always interested me (I've always been interested in "Forgotten" wars), and I was thoroughly impressed by the ingenuity of SAAF tactics I read in the ACIG article; for anybody who hasn't read it I highly reccommend it.

Edited by PigDriver

Nice! :good:

I'm looking forward to the Bushwars mod, it's a war that has always interested me (I've always been interested in "Forgotten" wars), and I was thoroughly impressed by the ingenuity of SAAF tactics I read in the ACIG article; for anybody who hasn't read it I highly reccommend it.

I've been working hard on the Angolan/Southwest Africa terrain for six months. I just had to start over again last week for the fifth time. It is quite a bear with vast terrain changes over the area covered.

I gotta say that i got really impressed when i discovered you cockpit a few months ago. I´ve been using it with my F1s and i would say that it´s one of the best you can get by a 3d party, lone modder, IMHO. I´ve been working on packs of spanish aircraft, and i was about to ask you permission to release our Mirage F1s with your cockpit when i got a word from "heaven" that MF was just about its own pack.

About the work on the terrain, all i can say is keep it up, if it comes out as good as the cockpit, it will de a classic

Edited by macelena

any word on any SAAF F1 skins? The cockpit is great BTW!

Yes, on the skin. It is creeping along and quite a feat to do due to the meshes which appear and dissapear almost seemingly at random...but this is not a put down of the makers...they did a good job...it just takes extreme trial and error on my part to get the areas to meet. You almost have to work backwards/upside down in a mirror and guess the starting and ending points. The SAAF skin (Rankins), I'm doing, is of the original orangish-tanish/ dark green variety with one Angolan kill marking.

Wow, looks great ord. Another one I missed...(yeah I know cos I never asked)

thirteen reported air victories during the bushwars (ACIG).

(AWHAT) ?

Ah an old fave (the Database)... http://www.acig.info/CMS/ I always make sure to push links on souls.

:good:

• Like 1

Wow, looks great ord. Another one I missed...(yeah I know cos I never asked)

(AWHAT) ?

Ah an old fave (the Database)... http://www.acig.info/CMS/ I always make sure to push links on souls.

:good:

Okay, I finished the skin after a month and a half. It was a real bugger as the meshes began and ended all over the place. I might include it with a complete SAAF Mirage F-1CZ as the mods make it almost a new aircraft compared to the other Mirage factory Mirage F1 versions.

miragef1keepoff-1.jpg

SAAF Mirage F1CZ skin.

Have you got all the translations in Afrikaans of the stencils etc. ? If not so, maybe I can help (did so with Volkers SA. Bucc., was a lot of fun):grin:

Houdoe,

Derk

nice skin :ninja:

I just released both the flyable SAAF Mirage F1CZ and the SAAF Mirage F1AZ available here:

http://combatace.com/files/file/12323-mig-fighter-saaf-mirage-f1az-fighterbomber-saaf-modified-sfp1/

http://combatace.com/files/file/12322-mig-killer-saaf-mirage-f1cz-saaf-modified-sfp1/

F1CZ.jpg

Flyable SAAF Mirage F1CZ 3 Squadron No. 213 Johan Rankin (sand and green camouflage) Thirdwire's SFP1 at combatace.com

f1best7.jpg

Flyable SAAF Mirage F1AZ No. 229 (Sand and Green camouflage) Thirdwire's SFP1 at combatace.com