Sign in to follow this  
Syrinx

Which Sci-Fi film would you like to see made ?

It's already on DVD. The so-called "Final Cut" which doesn't seem THAT different from the Director's Cut from 15 years ago to me. It looks and sounds great, though, thanks to remastering. I got it a few months ago on Bluray, awesome set.

ENOUGH WITH THE REMAKES!

ARGH!!!!!

That said, I would love to see a Battletech movie.....or the aformentioned Star Blazers.....the Yamato would kick ASS!

Really? How about this one then?

Race to Witch Mountain - 2009

Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson

Carla Gugino

Cheech Marin

cameos by 40-somethings original kids Ike Eisenman and Kim Richards

Really? How about this one then?

Race to Witch Mountain - 2009

Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson

Carla Gugino

Cheech Marin

cameos by 40-somethings original kids Ike Eisenman and Kim Richards

Dear God......has Hollywood really stooped that low?

All they can do is remakes and superhero movies.

Fantastic Voyage. Think of what could be done with the special effects now. The effects then were very good. Not that easy to simulate sub inside a human body back then.

I've recently watched 3 of the best SF films from the 50's: War of the Worlds, The Day the Earth Stood Still, and Forbidden Planet. All classics, all did amazing work for what they had at the time.

One already remade, the next being done, the 3rd so far not a peep.

Anyway, there are many SF novels I've liked over the years that I'd like to see as films, but I know they'd require some serious rewriting to be good. The Foundation Trilogy, Stranger in a Strange Land, Childhood's End, The Caves of Steel...

Freespace

Jean Hougron´s Le signe du chien /Sign of Dog/-very nice :Rhunk´s,Nivelator class battleships,Hadien commander etc..

Continuation of Dune, following after the events that transpire in the novels after Children of Dune (Novel and the Space TV show which was pretty good ). Dont see it hapening, the average movie goer just lacks the attention span for that.

Well, God Emperor is the book following Children of Dune, and I think that would be a hard sell for a movie script.

David Weber any, especially Honor Harrington series.

John Ringo any, seriously any, not a bad book and can't which I want more. Aldeneta series, Ghost series, Looking glass series, March upcountry series.

Gunslinger Girl would make a awesome movie but few children advocates would scream (GG is about children as assassins/agents) but Dollhouse is doing that but with adults. The battletech Grey Skull series would be friggin awesome.

I heard rumors about a live action version of Voltron....

Falcon

Armor - By John Steakley

Turn the Lucas crowd loose on another Star Wars follow-on. Since Madoff took off with George Lucas' fortune, he needs the work.

Armor - By John Steakley

That would be an absolutely awesome movie if done right.

If permitted, let me add 2 more.......

Into the Out Of - Alan Dean Foster

And while I am an absolute fan of the Slammers (by David Drake), 1 book from them stands out from the rest: Redliners

Ender's Game - interesting Orwellian tie in there

Star Blazers - would be AWESOME to see something done, similar style of ships already done/introduced in "Wing Commander"

RoboTech, Macross and such - would all be much like the Transformers unless they dedicated the time into character development, so I don't see this as too viable

Anything from the 40K Universe - LOTS of material to draw from, much can be done like the X-Men Origins series

Of course the caveats would be to make sure it is done with the right people that have the right passions for the projects. Leave out as much "Artistic/Directors 'vision/interpretation'" as possible to avoid ruining or otherwise dooming franchises. Tim Burton and the Batman series for instance. Interesting to be sure, but Batman Begins and Dark Knight ARE what is core and canon with the original - the way it always seemed it should've been, IMO. Of course when doing such projects, cast or character continuity is very important. Dark Knight lost something switching from Katie Holmes to Maggie Gyllenhal. If multiple movies within a given franchise is endeavored, it would serve the projects best to keep certain things intact for the whole run.

Edited by Growler67

I'll just say I was perversely happy when Maggie G got blown up. :wink: