Sign in to follow this  
Falcon161

My senior Project

Where I live, North Carolina, it is required for all seniors to do a big a** stupid exit project in order to get their diploma. Instead of doing mine on something boring I decided to do mine on Sukhoi Military Aircraft. With that I have to write a 10-15 page essay on the subject, Create a product on the subject, give a 15 minute speech two 2 or 3 judeges on my subject, and create a multimedia presentation on my subject. I need some suggestions on where I can find books, newspaper articles, magazine articles, and even a couple good websites. Please guys I really need the help badly!!!!

Here's are some tips.

Sukhoi.org

Globalsecurity.org

Lol, I feel your pain. I have to do a research paper too, and a community service project that is related to the paper XP :bad:

Where I live, North Carolina, it is required for all seniors to do a big a** stupid exit project in order to get their diploma. Instead of doing mine on something boring I decided to do mine on Sukhoi Military Aircraft. With that I have to write a 10-15 page essay on the subject, Create a product on the subject, give a 15 minute speech two 2 or 3 judeges on my subject, and create a multimedia presentation on my subject. I need some suggestions on where I can find books, newspaper articles, magazine articles, and even a couple good websites. Please guys I really need the help badly!!!!

Well, I hope you spell check your project better than your post. :wink:

Ha ha ha thanks! My senior project is comin along well and I have to turn in a rough draft next week. In personal news however, some people already know that I intended to join the Air Force but due to some recent insights and some really long thinking on my part I have Joined the USMC! I go to MEPPS tomorrow to get my physical and final paperwork done.

oorah Semper Fi, SUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRR

lol j/k good luck at Parris Island, lol

That's certainly a major alteration if you were planning on being a pilot.

For multimedia, you could just use FRAPs and make an SF video...

Have a good time in the Marines and stay safe. Thank you for having the courage to serve our Country! It will be a time unlike any other in your life...

Edited by Major Lee

Good luck in Boot Camp. Semper Fi. You chose wisely. Enlisted Airmen don't fly. Every Marine a rifleman.

Edit: We're a Proper Noun :wink:

Edited by 531_Ghost

In order for me to graduate from my high school this year, I have to do eight hours community service and create a career portfolio. The week before I graduate, I have to do a exit interviews (mock job interviews) with two people who work in the career field of my interest.

Well good luck.

thanks all! Well the hardest part of my senior project is done (the essay), and now all I need to do is a product, and an audio visual aid. im going to do a music video for an Audio Visual aid but i need some websites to download videos for my MV, I am also going to use my heavily modified WOV to make videos.

Guest 531_Ghost

Congrats Falcon161. Have you picked an MOS or are you going Open Contract (0311 typically)?

Well Guys the Final essay is due this week and I am currently working on it at school. But now I need to start the product which I am going to build a 1/72 scale Su-27 Model kit painted in a tiger meet scheme. This is a big leap for someone who is used to level one snap together Kits, so any tips on painting and modeling would be very very helpful. Oh BTW my ship out date to Boot Camp is August 25th. And to answer 531_Ghosts question I went open contract but I will be able to pick my job when im about to ship to basic, which im hoping to get either MP or Marine Security Forces. But if I dont get them I will do infantry for a while and switch to MP.

Well Guys the Final essay is due this week and I am currently working on it at school. But now I need to start the product which I am going to build a 1/72 scale Su-27 Model kit painted in a tiger meet scheme. This is a big leap for someone who is used to level one snap together Kits, so any tips on painting and modeling would be very very helpful. Oh BTW my ship out date to Boot Camp is August 25th. And to answer 531_Ghosts question I went open contract but I will be able to pick my job when im about to ship to basic, which im hoping to get either MP or Marine Security Forces. But if I dont get them I will do infantry for a while and switch to MP.

Falcon161, congrats! - For modeling, here are a couple I suggestion:

Before painting by can or airbrush, wash your model with dish detergent to remove oils from the mold release agent/fingers, etc.

Test fit before gluing

Warped part? - Run under hot water for a little bit, and rebend to original shape

Use a glue that welds like tenax7 for a better bond

Gun Residue from firing? - If you have access to a black pastel chalk, ground a little & dust onto the model with a paint brush from cannon port to the back of the plane (not too long)-remember wind effects

Want your panel lines to stand out after painting? -Use a pen with india ink from any art supply store or a simple .5mm mechanical lead pencil, but make sure the lead is soft (dark)

With a "gear down" look and tires bulging from weight - Heat an old screwdriver tip or butterknife and press your wheels down slightly

Don't use super glue for cockpit windows- Scratches in windows can be rubbed out with toothpaste (not the gel kind)

Atoll nose? - Cut a 1/8th" tip off a bic pen and graft onto the missile head

Oxygen hose for your pilot? - carefully break an old burnt out bulb, carefully retrieve/clean the filament, dip in black paint, and voila - oxygen hose (may not be scale), but it looks good.

In order for me to graduate from my high school this year, I have to do eight hours community service and create a career portfolio. The week before I graduate, I have to do a exit interviews (mock job interviews) with two people who work in the career field of my interest.

Well good luck.

Lucky you! I had to do 120 hours in NY in order to graduate and that's everybody, not delinquents. People get sentanced to less than that for committing minor crimes around here!

i am going to talk about my experience here at CA for an english certification test with trinity college london.

if everything comes right, i will be an italian that speaks english like an irish.

and, btw, i take aviation at school everytime i can.

next week we will study keplero's laws.

i am going to install Orbiter on IT laboratory.

and for my graduation, i was thinking to take a " how to make a mod " show.

Thanks super 61! What would be the best way to make a tiger meet paint job?

Allright! I just finished my product and lets just say I think it looks good! But I idnt have the time to do a Tiger meet scheme so I decided to do a fictional scheme that I thought would just look cool. But I also colored it not with paint but with the oddest thing to color a model, permanent markers! And surprisingly they work well even with a couple minor problems mainly bleeding of the colors. But if you all would like to see pictures I will gladly post them