Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

modding terrain..a question

would terrain be made the same way as Skins? I mean could you take the old desert terrain and just basically recover it with say a mountain skin?same with clouds or any other mods?and sense this sim uses the same basic technology as M$ FS can we start with say some terrain from it and just change it to fit out needs?

please alittle help

Can I use terrain from other sims if I just rename them and reformat if I have to?

Guest Ranger332

If you use terrain from other sims do so with great care(ie make a backup copy of the game just in case). Its like mating netscape wit internet explorer,it wont work more offen as not but hey its a try worth.

Iam goin to try skins from other sims in a day or two Ill let ya know how the gos.Might give you and idea as to were to get the terrain from. 8)

Ranger I'm thinking of trying SDOE...oe maybe from Falcon 4 as I have the Vietnam terrain

Dagger, if that works, it will be a miracle. I would never have thought that two sims would use interchangeable terrain files.

But, don't get me wrong, I want it to work!

Guest Ranger332

ok sdoe i dont have (its about the only flt sim i dont lol)

but Falcon(what true flt simmer dosent :) )

Ill aslo try cf1 and 2