Sign in to follow this  
BUFF

2 F-15s collide in Gulf of Mexico

MIAMI — Two fighter pilots are missing after their jets collided in mid-air off the Florida Panhandle Wednesday during a training mission.

Search and rescue teams are en route to the crash while the conditions of the two pilots is unknown.

The two F-15 C Eagle fighter jets disappeared about 3 p.m. ET off the Florida Panhandle over the Gulf of Mexico, said Eglin Air Force Base spokesman Sgt. Brian Jones.

The Coast Guard sent three helicopters, a plane and two boats to the scene.

"We don't know what led to the disappearance," said Master Sgt. Andrew Leonhard, an Air Force spokesman. "We had no contact from the pilots."

The crash occurred about 50 miles south of Tyndall Air Force Base

Damn ! I hope they find those pilot's alive and well.

Damn! For maybe the next 7 days can we not have anything bad about F-15s please BUFF?

WOW! Maybe all these crashes have something to do with the falling satellite. Its all bad juju mon. Nah, just kidding, hopefully the pilots are alive and well.

Pilots are safe. Looks like a mid air.

Glad to hear that the pilots are safe.

MAN!! I'm glad to hear they are safe!! My flight schedule took me up to Tallahassee and back this morning.

F-15 in Hall of Doomed :diablo:

Edited by Silverbolt

Damn! For maybe the next 7 days can we not have anything bad about F-15s please BUFF?

I don't make the news, merely pass it on ... :wink:

Bad year to be an Eagle driver.... :(

Good to hear the drivers have been rescued and I hope they are ok.

Goes to show, aviation is a dangerous business and requires ballz, skills, and a lot of wisdom (to work, fly, and maintain.)

Regardless, I still love the eagle, and I hope the men and women who trouble shoot'em can get all of the kinks out.

Damn one did die. :(

i saw in the Israeli news that the pilot died..

real shame that happened!!!

<S>

Anyone for an Air Force conspiracy? Staging F-15 aircraft collision and structural failurs to get congress to allow more funding for F-22 to replace them.

paranoia is bliss

Anyone for an Air Force conspiracy? Staging F-15 aircraft collision and structural failurs to get congress to allow more funding for F-22 to replace them.

paranoia is bliss

No.

Thinking pilots will willingly crash into each other to try and "prove" their planes need replacing is not a conspiracy theory, it's just stupidity. Who would sacrifice themselves like that???

paranoia is bliss

What is wrong with you? A flyer who thought he was going to get some good training in is now dead! And you have the gall to even if jokingly suggest it was deliberate? Do you know how many friends I've seen buried in accidents like this?

Nice.

FastCargo

Not gonna buy that. A midair is not a reason to replace a plane. The plane's stick actuator causes a midair, and the stick actuator is made of flesh and bone.

Edited by Caesar

paranoia is bliss

there is something fundamentally wrong and mentally sick with people who invent conspiracy theories, particularly with a dead pilot who was killed in an air to air accident.

the suggestion is incredibly offensive. I lost far too many friends and shipmates in aircraft accidents to let some piece of garbage like you toss some sick piece of a mentally psychotic accusation onto a tragic accident and dishonor a brave and dead pilot.

Edited by Typhoid