Sign in to follow this  
Longestpants

Remember to think in Russian!

It doesn't cost tens of thousands of dollars...just thousands!

I agree, just that I don't know exactly how to put it to use... Well, maybe in RTSs, RPGs and FPSs, but for flight sims I don't think one would have the correct "feeling" for the limitations of movement... :blink:

Yeah, I can't see much practical use for it right now outside of superficial things - y'know, characters' facial expressions, maybe looking around (which TrackIR does just fine, I must say), and other than that, there can't be too many games or even concepts that would use the push/pull and so on.

And I will say this: encephalographic gaming today; mind control, zombies and robot wars tomorrow.

the uses for disabled people is tremendous. To play games or simply use a computer when they'd be physically unable to manipulate a mouse or keyboard. Stephen Hawking could write out what he's thinking instead of struggling and taking hours to work out equations with an assistant. Or for someone who's lost a limb to be able to naturally control a robotic arm or leg.

And of course more mundane things like thinking about switching MFDs and systems, instead of remembering crtl+alt+shift+9 and a hundred other combinations, then I can actually play F4AF. Less clumsiness in FPS jumping puzzles. Or the kinds of interactions in RPGs or games like the sims that are openned up.