Sign in to follow this  
Sokol

WOI WOV WOE SFP1 - integration

Hi folks,

yes, this topic has been discussed on various places - but how about making it a sticky ?

i own all of the third-wire-series, including WOI since yesterday :-). i like to have the choice to fly every aircraft which is flyable or has been provided as such by the community in whatever combination of aircraft / terrain. so i want to have one big install, which includes the latest flying-models, objects, ai-routines etc. . since the sfp1-manager is out such a big install is easy to handle, because this excellent tool can store aircrafts and terrains in special folders as long as they are not needed.

so: which simulation is best suited to be the basis for the BIG ONE ?

which steps do you follow ?

thx for answers and ideas.

cheers

phamtuan

What I've done, is I have one install of each that's clean...no addons. That's the one I use for patching, then move the updated files tothe other 15 installs...

As to integrating, I have one (ok, now 2 installs - 1 WoE and one WoI) that have ALL the mods, excpeting WW2 stuff.

Adding the stock terrains (desert, vietnam, germany) is just a simple matter of moving those terrain folders into wherever you want the Big One to be.

But right now, the best thing to do is wait. There have been, in my estimation, significant changes in the aircraft, ground objects, and probably in the terrains themselves. Just from what I've seen so far in the various cats, and ingame flying.

There is a patch, coming out whenever, that will bring the others (SF -maybe-, WoV and WoE) to WoI levels.

Also, since the the First Eagles expansion, and now with WoI, we have to wait for the new weapons and gun editors, to make the needed adjustments in the older weapons paks. Cause they be broked right now....so don't try any weapons or gun editing, or adding the Bunyap or MF paks!!

Also, I'm sure the aircraft themselves (what, there like 400+ now???) are going to need some upgrading as well.

But personally, I'd use WoE for now as an "All In One".

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: good to see you still around!!

In WOE it is possible to have a "combined version", meaning, if you already have WOV you can "officially" add WOE.

Does WOI offer a similar procedure? Or is it a stand-alone sim?

In WOE it is possible to have a "combined version", meaning, if you already have WOV you can "officially" add WOE.

Does WOI offer a similar procedure? Or is it a stand-alone sim?

No. :no:

Until the code from the others is brought up to WOI's standards, WOI is totally separate. Once the older ones are patched, you'll be able to move all the stuff over manually, but there's no auto-merge option like WOE had. Right now MOST terrain and planes will work, but weapons are out.