Sign in to follow this  
column5

Wings Over Israel [Official Thread]

Downloading now. Hopefully brings more people to this websites forums.

Edited by herman01

DL'ing now...will try it out tomorrow after work. :biggrin:

I got mine, I got mine.....

:biggrin:

Gonna D/L it soon....Wait for me, Baz, here I come...

Well, thus far I've flown two missions, one with the stock F-16, the next with my beloved F-14A. Gotta say I love some of the new effects and features.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j68/Iuli...ar/img00001.jpg

Only one problem I noticed with the Tomcat's pit: missing instruments, namely the G meter, clock, some engine dials and yaw-rate thingy that I don't know the name of...none of which I actually ever look at in combat.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j68/Iuli...ar/img00002.jpg

I'll have to figure that one out, but otherwise everything's running smooth...now, back to flying!

The white instruments are caused by missing textures which belong to other pits, but are not included in WOI.

- F-100D_gau1.bmp

- F-100D_gau3.bmp

- F-100D_attitude.bmp

- F-4D_gau5.bmp

Ah, thanks Crusader, I'll find 'em and get 'em in there.

Only one problem I noticed with the Tomcat's pit: missing instruments, namely the G meter, clock, some engine dials and yaw-rate thingy that I don't know the name of...none of which I actually ever look at in combat.

I'll have to figure that one out, but otherwise everything's running smooth...now, back to flying!

Maybe because it is using some stock textures, which aren't present in WOI install. Drop me a PM with contact info and i'll send you my WIP f-14 pit textures to try.

With regard to that...

Any add-on plane whose cockpit borrowed textures from any of the stock SF/WOV/WOE aircraft that do not apepar in WOI are going to have this problem. For example, the F/A-18A cockpit uses some textures from the A-4B for canopy rails, etc. Because the A-4B textures are not included in WOI, it causes problems like in the screenshot abvoe.

The good news is that it will be easy for us to fix when we update our planes, but you can also fix it yourself with a little hacking of the cockpit LOD using a hex editor. Or you can extract the files in question to the cockpit folder if you have the other games.

The flight engine is much improved. Realy hacking away at the lite-sim label some people have given the thirdwire series. Good stuff. Well worth the money.

Just flew some missions....first of all thanks thanks thanks TK et al.....loving this sim...graphics much improved inside and outside the cockpit....ai seems better at first impression....my wing man and squad seem to follow my commands and were well positioned...despite getting 4 kills the migs make it much harder than in previous versions of the series....only a few things I'd like mostly to increase immersion...ground controllers with israeli accents.....i don't know how hard this is but if anyone has any hints...I'd work on it....and changing names in the roster to something a bit more likely to be found in the idf......minor notes however not to be seen as gripes because the things you don't see or hear make this sim much better (the flying)....anyway enough typing...back to flying...

Thanks again TK

MINDBENDER

Hi y'all, I'm brand new to the Strike Fighters sims. I've had WOV for less than a week an was having a blast with it when along comes WOI.

What an outstanding piece of work! I don't know why I waited so long to try these out, but I'm knee deep in 'em now :good:

hi just downloaded wings over israel but there is no weapons to load is there going to be a weapons pack for woi

thanks

hi just downloaded wings over israel but there is no weapons to load is there going to be a weapons pack for woi

thanks

Um, there is weapons, lots of them, did you try to add a weps pack?

One word........ MiG and new MiG Features, well that was 5 words but now I am making this sentence longer lol

:biggrin:

Edited by gerald14

Hi y'all, I'm brand new to the Strike Fighters sims. I've had WOV for less than a week an was having a blast with it when along comes WOI.

What an outstanding piece of work! I don't know why I waited so long to try these out, but I'm knee deep in 'em now :good:

Welcome aboard! :good:

Ok.....just flew another mission...first off my comment about israeli roster names...ignore it...they are there....why i saw american names first go round is a mystery maybe I'm delusional....maybe it was a glitch...gremlin or something else....whatever ......started the pre emtive strikes for six day war........absolutely great

The AI got a lot smarter on both sides IMO. On hard mode the enemy beams you to take away your PD track every time you fire. I watch the enemy's direction on radar as the missile travels towards them, and nearly every time they turn abeam, break the lock, then turn back into you. Against heaters (at least up to the H) they got evasion down damn well too, wait for it and pull HARD as that missile closes. I also noticed my teammates aren't getting shot down much at all. Last flight I got into a no-sh*t 8 minute stalemate between myself and wingman vs 2 Fishbeds, half the remnants of a 4-man flight. One of the Sparrows hit its mark, and so did one of my wingman's, none of our heaters hit and every other sparrow either missed or went stupid. Then it was just guns, trying to deny angles and cover the other wing. Finally won, but it was a lot harder than I recall WoE/V/SF to be.

*sigh*...

It's F'n beautiful!

Only problem "for me" is some underpinning of the FM changes has my Osprey wallowing like a drunken sailor... Looks like a near FM re-build unless I can figure out what's porking it. (But this is obviously my problem...) :biggrin:

Addendum: Further experimentation / poking around shows that the Osprey will fly in normal mode. Hard mode for right now is a no-go

NOTE: Normal mode FM mode in WoI appears to be equivalent to: somewhere between normal and hard in SF, WoV, and WoE... (slighty closer to hard than normal in my estimation)

Edited by Zurawski

When you add 3rd party planes, it adds them sometimes as planes on the flight line.

Here is the F-16 and Mirage by the Mirage Factory as static aircraft.

When you add 3rd party planes, it adds them sometimes as planes on the flight line.

Here is the F-16 and Mirage by the Mirage Factory as static aircraft.

Now that is friggin' cool!

Oh, wow, look. I did not have to strip the image tags. Hornet made a change, `twould seem...

:good:

Downloaded to my server at home via "LogMeIn."

Now I have to wait `til I get off of work to install to the game system.

OMG, the clock is moving BACKWARDS! :blink: