Sign in to follow this  
column5

Wings Over Israel [Official Thread]

Finally got around the buying and D/Ling last night. I plan on installing it tonight. I've been trying to keep up with this thread, but it's tough to go back through 30 pages without missing key things. I know that the MF Phantoms are WoI friendly, and the F-16I/F-15Is have been upgraded to work. Also, there is a weapons pack specifically for WoI use.

My dilema now is to patch or not. I've read that some things were fixed by the patch while others have been dinked up again.

Is there anything that I've missed?

Cheers,

Storm

Welcome back St0rm.

It seems a matter of personal taste, equipment usage regarding the patch.

I am running it, as it cures a personal peeve of mine, the black box in the briefing screen due to 8800 card. There is a seperate weapons pack, from MF, I believe,

for WoI, which thins things out nicely. I also have the F-15I/F-16I running in a homemade Lebanon War 2, 2006 campaign just fine.

The last patch addresses a few foibles, but not all. I kept a seperate, unpatched install for a bit, but have since deleted as it works well for me...

Read the README

The patch fixes some big annoyances:

eg ejecting over friendly land but becoming POW, F-16 cockpit reflections weren't working.

Out of air-to-ground ordnance? Sidewinders pack the same punch as Mavericks :biggrin:

wind.JPG

Welcome back St0rm.

It seems a matter of personal taste, equipment usage regarding the patch.

I am running it, as it cures a personal peeve of mine, the black box in the briefing screen due to 8800 card. There is a seperate weapons pack, from MF, I believe,

for WoI, which thins things out nicely. I also have the F-15I/F-16I running in a homemade Lebanon War 2, 2006 campaign just fine.

The last patch addresses a few foibles, but not all. I kept a seperate, unpatched install for a bit, but have since deleted as it works well for me...

Thanks for the welcome and the words. I'm trying it as is for now, but am wondering about something. I cant seem to get many of my sounds to work. None of the AB sounds are working and only a few of the RWR sounds. Additionally, the B*tchin Betty on the Ra'am isnt working, so I'm pretty sure something is going on that I'm not aware of.

Any ideas?

Storm

Ra'am and other 3rd party aircraft?

You probably drug the folder from the aircraft directory of a different install. At least I have done that a few times. :blush:

Unfortunately, you need the sounds that came with in the original ZIP file, which are probably in the sound directory of the install you drug the jet from.

Does that make sense?

I have had the same situation with effects as well. No AB's as the aircraft.ini's are pointing to a non-existant AB and/or sound in the WoI build you are using.

Is there going to be a patch so it can be played in vista?

No patch to make compatible with Vista.

Instead Thirdwire will completely update the series to be compatible with Vista and re-release them. You cannot patch it to your current game.

It seems people will have to pay for a new original copy if want Vista compatible title.

Read this, about halfway down the page: http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5039

You can play current TW sims on Vista but need to do a very simple edit in the terrain data ini - see the Knowledge Base.

Edited by csb

No patch to make compatible with Vista.

Instead Thirdwire will completely update the series to be compatible with Vista and re-release them. You cannot patch it to your current game.

It seems people will have to pay for a new original copy if want Vista compatible title.

Read this, about halfway down the page: http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5039

You can play current TW sims on Vista but need to do a very simple edit in the terrain data ini - see the Knowledge Base.

I have played WOE in vista, everything works great excep when I press ESC the whole game exits not the mission only.

But I read in their homepage that WOI does not work on vista. Now on the forum you linked someone says it does work but whitout shadders (I don't know what that means though).

Thanks

Check the knowledge base under FAQs and Issues

Check the knowledge base under FAQs and Issues

Thanks, BTW was the thrust vectoring issue solved in WOI?

OK WOI Does work on vista =D

I still haven't tried to fix the ESC issue, I will check it out soon.

EDIT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, just followed step #3 and only that one. Everything seems to work fine.

Edited by jklv

Ra'am and other 3rd party aircraft?

You probably drug the folder from the aircraft directory of a different install. At least I have done that a few times. :blush:

Unfortunately, you need the sounds that came with in the original ZIP file, which are probably in the sound directory of the install you drug the jet from.

Does that make sense?

I have had the same situation with effects as well. No AB's as the aircraft.ini's are pointing to a non-existant AB and/or sound in the WoI build you are using.

I figured it out. The JetBurner sound I added, was being accepted by the game. It's twice as large as the default sound, and I recall if it wasnt sampled in the right format/size, it would be rejected.

Any thoughts on a wave sound resizing program?

Storm

I would suggest something, but since some people would deem it illegal, piracy, heresy and would launch a holy crusade to cleanse the surface of the earth of the very mention of a program able to open a WAV file (do you realise ? With that you could open a file created by someone else, modify it and release it, without crediting the original author if you are a complete jerk, this kind of thing should not be allowed), I'd rather not.

Kidding and bitter sarcasm aside, have you tried Audacity (link), it's overkill but would allow nearly any manipulation you may wish, but most audio softwares should suffice to manipulate a WAV file.

Well, i've been putting a little cash aside the past couple weeks and this morning i flipped a coin to decide if i was gonna buy WOI or the FE Expansion. WOI won and i'm very pleased with it so far. The new cockpits and aircraft are awsome, I've already retrofitted the F-16A and WOI Terrain to my modded WOE install.

Anyway, I'm glad to support TK and WOI was worth it just for the new terrain and aircraft models/cockpits.

Its such a clean install right now that I feel like a noob again! :rofl:

Edited by WarlordATF

Hahahaha, WarlordATF....

What took you so long??!!

Enjoy man!

LOL I've got a 87 Camaro that loves to eat away at any extra money i have, this time i decided that new valve cover gaskets could wait. :rofl:

Has anyone tryed to add the Mirage Factory Tomcat to WOI.

I don't seem to have the Sparrow avalible in the loadout. I guessed it was becouse they were assinged to Israel and not the US Navy.

So i first tryed playing around with the attachment types in the F-14_DATA.ini, which didn't work, so i tryed changing in weaponsdata that the missle is also used by the USAF and USN (attachment type and nation lines), but i still can't get missles to be avalable to the US.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Has anyone tryed to add the Mirage Factory Tomcat to WOI.

I don't seem to have the Sparrow avalible in the loadout. I guessed it was becouse they were assinged to Israel and not the US Navy.

So i first tryed playing around with the attachment types in the F-14_DATA.ini, which didn't work, so i tryed changing in weaponsdata that the missle is also used by the USAF and USN (attachment type and nation lines), but i still can't get missles to be avalable to the US.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Have you used the weaponseditor for WoI???

it is another one as for SFP1, WoV & WoE.

Have you used the weaponseditor for WoI???

Yes, i used the newest one off the TW website.

Yes, i used the newest one off the TW website.

Have you changed the nationsentries in the Aircraft_data.ini and in the AiM7 weapons. ini?

it must be changed in both...

Hi everyone, I'm having a big problem with the yaw control. Although I'm pressing the yaw key(comma,period)all the time, my plane only yaws for about 5 degrees to the left or right and it stops in that direction, insead of keep yawing all the way to the left or right which I assume it should be doing. And when I release the yaw key, the plane yaws back to its starting direction. So the rudder seems not working for me. below is the date from the keyboard.ini

[RangedControl002]

AxisControl=YAW_CONTROL

MaxValue=1000.000000

MinValue=-1000.000000

DeadZone=10.000000

Saturation=100.000000

ReverseJoystick=FALSE

MouseScale=1.000000

UseMouseRate=FALSE

ReverseMouse=FALSE

LimitValue=TRUE

SelfCenterRate=2.000000

KeyControlRate=1.000000

AllowKeyControl=TRUE

IncreaseControl=YAW_RIGHT

DecreaseControl=YAW_LEFT

CenterControl=

Any one know how to fix this?Thanks,

When you mean yaw all the way to the left or right...are you expecting the aircraft to turn completely around like a helocopter?

FastCargo