Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

IDF/AF dog fights

Just saw this today, as I just have basic cable I dont get to watch this show other than on the internet, so apologies if this has been posted before. To those who haven't seen it this is with regards to the highest ranking "Jet ace" in the world, Giora Epstein with 17 kill's.

You just have to see the dogfight between Epstein and an Egyptian pilot in his MIG-21, the pilot had jewel's of iron and even Giora state's that the pilot did thing's with the MIG-21 that he didn't think were possible. :biggrin:

IAF Dog Fight

Edited by Atreides

man..... :blink:

just makes me want to play the freakin game even more :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Aww crap. Sorry about that Nesher. Thank's

Unfortunately the so-called "History" Channel canned Dogfights in middle of season 2. The channel is transforming into A&E clone.

Falcon

I remember when A&E had great docs all the time on this stuff. On MST3K they even called it "the WWII channel."

Now all those channels have become so much crap.

Aww crap. Sorry about that Nesher. Thank's

nothing to be sorry for..!! it was all the way on page 5.. ^_^

and you welcome.. glad you liked the Israeli dogfighters.. :biggrin:

That was some amazing flying. I must have missed part of that episode, thanks for reposting it. I cant imagine staying in a 11 to 1 dogfight, i would have lit the pipe and ran. Ever since Janes IAF i have had a deep respect for the IAF pilots but this rises the bar even farther. They have to be considered the 2nd best air force in the world right behind the USAF and if they had the lifespan and equipment that the USAF has then it would be very hard to say who the best was.

I found his comments about the F-16 very interesting, Did older USAF pilots feel the same way about the FBW systems?

Warlord.. i don't know if IAF is 2nd, 1st or other ranking

but it's one of best and it has to be!

btw, i think if we had USAF's budget we were even in a better shape than today.. and much much bigger!

you have to remember that the IAF is working 24/7/365/60 years almost ^_^

Guest Bounder

With out a drought IAF is the most Combat experienced AF in the world.

Saw this episode a while ago.

This is what i call the man inside the machine.A man merged with his Aircraft.

He felt his Mirage like it was a part of his own body.

Amazing flying by Giora Epstein.

Epstein is a celebrated ACE pilot of the IAF with very uniqe qualities.

I can do nothing but admire him for what he did for Israel.

:clapping::clapping::good:

He's the one no doubt. The Ace of Aces.

and you welcome.. glad you liked the Israeli dogfighters.. :biggrin:

How can any sane person not admire the Heyl Ha'Avir ? Those pilot's have the most air-air combat experience in jet's than any other AF in the world and your pilot training is superb. I've alway's been a fan of the IDF, but your airforce, the pilot's are awesome. Oh btw, one question is it still IDF/AF practice that active pilot's have their face's blurred out on T.V for security purposes ?

yeah... a long with special forces guys... (but they don't have too many TV appearances if any) :)