Sign in to follow this  
GASCAN39

Gripen - Me Likes the Gripen

Sure do, send me the link please.

PM sent.

Great 3d model and skins work. Excellent, flawless. Excellent weapons addition. THANKS

My issues and questions:

1. Should i extend the WOE timeline to 2008 to be able to get the IRIS-T, Litening III & Meteor ? (How?) Is there some other way maybe? (i temporarily changed the dates to 2000 for those three but still the Litening doesnt appear in the loadout list)

2. My Gripen pilot is ... skinless :P, what should i check?

3. NOTE for everyone, the new weapon editor released from TW right after WOI is not combatible with WOE, use the 2006 WOE weapon editor for WOE

4. The flight model is nothing but maneuverable, roll rate and turn rates are like cargo jet, i think somethings wrong with my installation but what ? where ? even the stock phantoms totally outmaneuver the gripen , its really slugish, takes ages to decide to turn and when it does it only take a few degrees angle, rolls take forever ....

and to make sure whats in the package and what i have screwed in my installations:

5. Shadow file?

6. Default/startup loadouts?

7. Squadrons?

I am installing it over a NATO Fighters II WOE ....

Thank you

Edited by squid

1. Should i extend the WOE timeline to 2008 to be able to get the IRIS-T, Litening III & Meteor ? (How?) Is there some other way maybe? (i temporarily changed the dates to 2000 for those three but still the Litening doesnt appear in the loadout list)

Wouldn't hurt.

2. My Gripen pilot is ... skinless :P, what should i check?

PM me for the fix

4. The flight model is nothing but maneuverable, roll rate and turn rates are like cargo jet, i think somethings wrong with my installation but what ? where ? even the stock phantoms totally outmaneuver the gripen , its really slugish, takes ages to decide to turn and when it does it only take a few degrees angle, rolls take forever ....

Hmm ,the FM isn't perfect but something is a miss for you somewhere. I would try a complete reinstall of the plane.

and to make sure whats in the package and what i have screwed in my installations:

5. Shadow file?

7. Squadrons?

Not sure what you are asking here.

5. Shadow file?

7. Squadrons?

Sorry, i mean,

5. i dont see a plane shadow, maybe it doesn't have a shadow file implemented?

6. Theres no startup / default loadout, is that correct? all pylons appear empty waiting for the player to fill them up

7. There are no squadrons list in the loadout screen, correct?

4. Yes i read the FM is an initial not dead accurate version no problem with that, but i knew i had to expect it to be in the 9G maneuverable class from what i read here, i will repaste the files in a while, apart from that somewhere specific i should check ? (and look out for what?)

1. How do i extend the games timeline range?

5. i dont see a plane shadow, maybe it doesn't have a shadow file implemented?

No shadow file.

6. Theres no startup / default loadout, is that correct? all pylons appear empty waiting for the player to fill them up

That is correct, leaving up to the player to customize it himself.

7. There are no squadrons list in the loadout screen, correct?

Not every plane has a squadron list when its released.

4. Yes i read the FM is an initial not dead accurate version no problem with that, but i knew i had to expect it to be in the 9G maneuverable class from what i read here, i will repaste the files in a while, apart from that somewhere specific i should check ? (and look out for what?)

Not sure my friend. I am not FM guy at all.

1. How do i extend the games timeline range?

Check the Knowledge Base.

anyone maybe knows whats the deal with the lightening pod? still cant get it to show up in the loadout list

I can't even get it flying.When i start a mission with it it says Wings Over Europe has stopped working.I don't have a clue where I screwed up though.

anyone maybe knows whats the deal with the lightening pod? still cant get it to show up in the loadout list

ok ,

- Litening loaded, after i changed in the Options.ini file found in the WOE root directory, the EndYear line from '85 to 2040

- Pilot now is dressed up, was just his bmp file was missing from my "aircraft" folder

I just tried and it worked.Thanks :good:

You're welcome glad I could help you out.

FYI, I put the Gripen in WOI and got it working with the F-16 aerodynamics. No more sloppy roll. Now I just have to tune it for more Gripenness.

FYI, I put the Gripen in WOI and got it working with the F-16 aerodynamics. No more sloppy roll. Now I just have to tune it for more Gripenness.

Guess some guys will get pretty dizzy in near future? :biggrin:

In post no.22, is the pipper or flightpath indicator upside down? I know the seat is a bit low, and have applied the fix. Thanks

The marks are at 3/6/9 o'clock.

On most a/c they are at 9/12/3 o'clock.

I'm just curious, not complaining.

Just out of curiousity, the fact that the "default" loadout is empty, and it's intended for the pilot to load ordnance manually before the flight, means the plane will fly empty if you ever try to use it in MP, correct?

Downloaded it and flew a couples missions. What an pleasure to fly guys, great work! :ok:

Cheers

I liked the SAAB Gripen Very nice but i did notice the animation is backwards when pulling back on the stick it i notice that the canards are moving downwards i am trying to figure out why this is happening.

I liked the SAAB Gripen Very nice but i did notice the animation is backwards when pulling back on the stick it i notice that the canards are moving downwards i am trying to figure out why this is happening.

I´m not sure about the Gripen, but i know some aircraft with canards don´t use them as elevators, the canards on such aircraft are used to force the airflow towards or away from the wings. In that case you would notice a movement just the other way elevators would do. So the animation is not backward, it is correct, if the Gripen uses it´s canards this way. :wink:

I'll add to the wingmen crashing thing. I've seen it as well, and I notice if you turn on your autopilot to land you automatically it will instead smash you into the ground well short of the runway. In short, it flies you far too slow. Not sure why, but there you go.

I'll add to the wingmen crashing thing. I've seen it as well, and I notice if you turn on your autopilot to land you automatically it will instead smash you into the ground well short of the runway. In short, it flies you far too slow. Not sure why, but there you go.

Did you try the new flight model?

The one you listed for WOI? I was flying it in SFP1, so I didn't think that would work. I also noticed a slow roll rate, although the pitch rate seemed fine.