Sign in to follow this  
column5

VF-96 Skin Completed

Just emailed Jeff a new skin for "Showtime 100", the F-4 that Cunningham and Driscoll flew when they scored their third, fourth and fifth MiG Kills on 10 May 1972.

A pic is available at my preview site:

http://www.geocities.com/dpwms/index.htm

Got it, I'll post it in the next hour.

ABSOLUTLY BRILLIANT! Simply wonderful...I think that has to be THE MEANEST Phantom skin as of yet.

It's Phantastic!!! :D

I know, I know...cheesy :roll:

ABSOLUTLY BRILLIANT! Simply wonderful...I think that has to be THE MEANEST Phantom skin as of yet.

It's Phantastic!!! :D

I know, I know...cheesy  :roll:

Thanks!

VF-96's tail art was pretty wicked. Showtime 100 was the air group's CAG bird, and I'm still trying to figure out what the bumble bee and stars on the sides are supposed to represent. :D

It's up and ready for downloading. Another great job bud! :D

You've been a skinnin' machine this past week. :shock:

Nice looking bird. What font you using for the stuff on the side ???

Thanks, Rat.

Up until this skin I've been using Arial and MS Sans Serif, and drawing my own when necessary. Recently I found a set of fonts at this address: http://www.bobsyouruncle.net/font-types.htm that have been very useful, especially "USAFF CODE". There are no Bold or Italics included, but Photoshop can emulate them with "faux" modes and it works pretty well.

lol You beat me to it :P

I was going to do that skin...lol. I had a squadron that flew Janes FA18 using VF-96 :) Check out what I made here!

vf96a.jpg

v4 VF-96 F/A-18E

vf96b.jpg

v3.2 Final VF-96 F/A-18E

I decided to get rid of the falcon on the tail. I tried figuring out a way to make it look good, but I couldnt...so i designed a new take :roll: o well

Cheers S!

Nice! I especially like how you handled the tail on the v4 model, it looks like something you'd see on a CAG-bird today.