Sign in to follow this  
BeanZ

B-2 Crashes in Guam on take-off

Holy dog sh!t is it just me or are our birds falling out of the sky like flies. :blink: Sheesh how many planes are we gona loose in one month. Im counting 6 already. I never served in the USAF so it might just be me but are these kind of losses common ....... O and I didnt know the B-2 had ejection seats

This does seem unusual for losses of this sort. Especially a B-2! Personally I think that our pilots are flying alot more training sorties than they use to. Not to mention actual combat sorties. More hours =more wear and tear.

damn.. 1 billion doallrs in flames :||

at least the pilots got out safe :)

What the hell's happening to the USAF???!!!!!!

First F-15's going kaput and now a B-2...... Something's seriously wrong there...

I hate to say it, but that had to happen some day.

Well, at least nobody got hurt.

This ones made the national news here - think its more to do with the amount of money they actually cost though!

Lets hope this is the first and last B2 - there arnt that many of them anyway

Lets hope this is the first and last B2 - there arnt that many of them anyway

i say the same!

i Hope USAF get better....because this crashes :( a lot of Great birds crashing

Wow... one plane = 5% of the B-2 force...

Wow... one plane = 5% of the B-2 force...

I do feel sad for the crew, even when they are not to blame for it.

Heard about this at about 1 am last night. What suprised me is that B-2's have ejection seats!

Guys, don't read into this thinking there is something wrong with the USAF. Military flying has been and always will be dangerous. The USAF's safety record is still outstanding compared to 35 to 40 years ago when F-4's, F-104's etc were crashing on a continual basis. It just seems that way because of the availability of world wide media.

USAFMTL is right...

it's like wars, in old days it was much worse but today we think it so bad

beacuse of the media that stick it's nose everywhere inside the military!!!

Heard about this at about 1 am last night. What suprised me is that B-2's have ejection seats!

Most bomber aircraft do.

FastCargo

well, in last year we lost 4 A-29 Super Tucano in one day, flying in different cityes and one pilot die.

idk, but i think this is just bad luck

I've always been surprised by the blase attitude we have towards flight. Think about it, flying. It's no small feat, almost ridiculous when you seriously think about it. We have the right to be surprised by crashes, but it's not so reasonable to be taken aback at the fact that crashes happen, as we see in the recent months with the EA-6 for example; manipulating air to buoy up tons of metal is a young science, with more than a few kinks to work out.

With that said, does anybody know what the cause of the crash was?

Yep inventory is down to 20. Doesn't matter much anyway, USAF has had plans to replace that bird for a few years now. Unmanned long loitering stealth bombers(the pilots bane). What's funny is the press here in the states making jibes about strikes against Iran and how without the B-2 that's on hold...

I'll bet the pilot sneezed at V2.

wait... I know why all these planes are going kaputski... THE SOVIETS HAVE PUT SNEEZING POWDER IN ALL THE OXYGEN MASKS IN THE USAF! PILOTS ARE SNEEZING AT CRITICAL TIMES DURING FLIGHTS AND CAUSING CRASHES!

boy, jumping to conclusions is tiring...

What's funny is the press here in the states making jibes about strikes against Iran and how without the B-2 that's on hold...

it was 1 of the 4 rotating back to Whiteman after the planned B-52s arrival to take over from them so somehow I don't think so ...

gotta love the press. :rolleyes:

Crashes on T/O and landing are the 2 most common times. It could have been bird strikes, it could have been an FCS failure, it could have been fuel issues, any of a number of things. However, I think it's safe to say it had nothing to do with the troubles of any other plane.

USAFMTL is right...

it's like wars, in old days it was much worse but today we think it so bad

beacuse of the media that stick it's nose everywhere inside the military!!!

Well, ya know, it wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that 99% of the time the media has no clue what they are talking about.

Sorry about my attitude towards the media, but I've personally seen them twist and wrongly muddy too many issues too many times, usually to make the six o'clock edition and they never took the time to get even a basic understanding of what they were reporting about.

I'll bet the pilot sneezed at V2.

wait... I know why all these planes are going kaputski... THE SOVIETS HAVE PUT SNEEZING POWDER IN ALL THE OXYGEN MASKS IN THE USAF! PILOTS ARE SNEEZING AT CRITICAL TIMES DURING FLIGHTS AND CAUSING CRASHES!

boy, jumping to conclusions is tiring...

that's one way to get your PRT in!

:biggrin:

Definitely given back to the taxpayers....

Bummer.

FastCargo