Sign in to follow this  
Stwa

TBF/TBM Avenger

I recently downloaded a TBF/TBM Avenger from Combat Ace. This is an awesome model, and its a lot of fun in the sim.

However, this model seems to have a great deal of trouble when it taxis to the runway. I checked this in WOV and WOE and in the problem presists in both games.

For instance, if you have 3 or more Avengers waiting for take-off, when they taxi forward they seem to wobble back and forth and some of them explode.

I suppose, if there was a fix for this, it would already be included with the aircraft, but I am wondering if anyone is more familiar with this model and can shed some light on this situation.

Never mind, I fixed it. :good:

So, what was the fix????

Wrench

kevin stein

So, what was the fix????

Wrench

kevin stein

It was data related. In the TBF_data.ini file.

I also fixed all the little white "seamies", around the wing trailing edges and the bombay doors.

BTW,

You know what would really be a cool addition to your site? A P-400 skin. USAAF OD, but like the one Capun did that was 2048x2048. :yes:

Edited by Stwa

There's a Plane Jane P-400 there...it's just 1024, or whatever Wolf's stock template size was.

It actually COULD use redoiing...never did like the panel lines. Gramps had a few P-39 skins that used for it.

Wrench

kevn stein

There's a Plane Jane P-400 there...it's just 1024, or whatever Wolf's stock template size was.

It actually COULD use redoiing...never did like the panel lines. Gramps had a few P-39 skins that used for it.

Wrench

kevn stein

Ya, I download that skin and I have been using it. It's not half bad, but I think a 2048 x 2048 looks really nice, and with this small Guadalcanal map, I have tons of frame rate to play with, and I saw Capuns hi res skin.... thats all.

Also, I am having a hard time getting the Mk13 torpedos to show up in the Stores display. Has anyone else had this problem. Do the torpedos actually work in the game. Just wondering, because level bombing the ships is a pain.

EDIT: ignore this post.

Edited by Gocad

Guest capun

A while back Kesselbrut developed a method for the Torpedo to fly very low and added an effect to look like a wake.

Remember that torpedoes are not supported in the game, so he had to mimick the behaviour. Search for the post here.

Also check the Mk13 with the weapons editor and see what lod it is using, then check the lod in the folder and report back the date and size of the file.

I am pretty busy right now, but I'll try to check the file in my folder and see if they match.

A while back Kesselbrut developed a method for the Torpedo to fly very low and added an effect to look like a wake.

Remember that torpedoes are not supported in the game, so he had to mimick the behaviour. Search for the post here.

Also check the Mk13 with the weapons editor and see what lod it is using, then check the lod in the folder and report back the date and size of the file.

I am pretty busy right now, but I'll try to check the file in my folder and see if they match.

Thanks, this is great info. The following line for the bombay fixed it.

"AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,IOGR,LGR,EOGR"

BTW, I have been using Kesselbrut's "generic" Hurri cockpit in the Wildcat and the P-400. And I was thinking about swapping out some of the guages with those included in the TBF cockpit to give them more of an American look and feel. I don't know if this is possible, and I have zero experince in this area, but I thought I might give it a whirl.

Edited by Stwa