Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

Su-25? Su-24? Buccaneer?

Well, as a newbie who's starting to get the hang of modding things and generally messing about, I'd like to start by thanking everybody who has put together any of the mods and addons I'm enjoying so much at the moment!

Then, a question - does anybody know of an Su-25? There was one in the works, I saw from a thread from December last year, but there is nothing more recent.

And two more I couldn't find anything any more recent about - the Su-24 and the Blackburn Buccaneer. The Buck was greatly appreciated during the Gulf War (v1) as the target designator aircraft for the Tornado.

Hello ndicki,fancy seeing you here....!

Edited by jayo

I have been told (and this is on his website under 'projects' -http://marcfighters.combatace.com/ ) that Marcelo is still in the making of the Su-25, and other Strike Flankers. The Su-24, and the Buck I can't be too sure when they will be released. I hope soon. :good:

MF are working on a Fencer too

MMMMMN...ALRIGHT!!! :clapping:

Is that another Rhodesian I see before me?

Just a sympathizer, I'm afraid! Place went down the plughole before I had the chance to get there.

I have done a few SRAF-RRAF-RhAF and SAAF skins for CFS3, among other things, though!

Where are you from?

I seem to have heard the words "two weeks" somewhere before... Seems familiar, but I've forgotten where it was! :unsure::haha::wacko:

would love to see the Buccaneer make an appearance too.....

I'd also like to see a Buccaneer, but the SU-25 would be a close second choice.

Just a sympathizer, I'm afraid! Place went down the plughole before I had the chance to get there.

I have done a few SRAF-RRAF-RhAF and SAAF skins for CFS3, among other things, though!

Where are you from?

I grew up there and noticed your badge from my youth there. I served in the Rhodesian forces and have a book coming out soon on the Rhodesian war. It is a revised edition of a co-authored book I wrote some years ago. It has stuff on the Rhodesian air force, including a transcript of the Green Leader cockpit tape from one of the RhAF attacks into Zambia. I live in England now.

There is probably enough stuff in this series now, bar skins and an Alouette III model, to replicate some of the bush war in southern Africa.

Cheers.

I grew up there and noticed your badge from my youth there. I served in the Rhodesian forces and have a book coming out soon on the Rhodesian war. It is a revised edition of a co-authored book I wrote some years ago. It has stuff on the Rhodesian air force, including a transcript of the Green Leader cockpit tape from one of the RhAF attacks into Zambia. I live in England now.

There is probably enough stuff in this series now, bar skins and an Alouette III model, to replicate some of the bush war in southern Africa.

Cheers.

Which unit? One of my best mates was a VR chopper pilot with 7 Sqn, got out to SA, then back to the UK. Having a braai in the middle of England?

I've got the Green Leader recording somewhere, and (I'm afraid to say) the rather excessive John Edmond song about the Op, too! Your book sounds like it might be well worth reading.

Well, I've got the Hunter F6 - I don't have WOE, so I haven't got the FGA9 - the Canberra, Dak and Vampire. No Lynx, Trojan or Alouette. And for pre-UDI days, there's a Harvard and a Spit 22 around, as well, although if you want my honest opinion, CFS2 and 3 are far better than SF for piston engines. I'm actually in the middle of dressing the Mirage Factory Kfir up as a Cheetah C; if it goes past quickly enough, nobody'll notice the difference! A Bucc would be useful for the SAAF, too. Back to work!

The Bucc, Fencer, and Frogfoot are all WIP's and will be released when they are done. I know marcfighter is workin on the Su-25, and MF is workin on the Su-24, but I dont know who is workin on the Bucc.

Think Russ has the Bucc.

I grew up there and noticed your badge from my youth there. I served in the Rhodesian forces and have a book coming out soon on the Rhodesian war. It is a revised edition of a co-authored book I wrote some years ago. It has stuff on the Rhodesian air force, including a transcript of the Green Leader cockpit tape from one of the RhAF attacks into Zambia.

Where will we be able to get a copy (& any chance of getting a signed one)?

I've got a friend from there (Salisbury not Harare! :wink:) & I was lucky enough to spend a month there about 15 years ago touring the country before it all really went in the crapper.

It's such a shame to see the country totally ruined - needless to say none of my friend's family are there anymore.

And the fun's begun again in Kenya, too...

There won't be a single white farmer left in Africa before long, the way things are going - so where the food'll come from, don't ask me (Probably get in trouble for saying things like that...!)

Think Russ has the Bucc.

Me thinks he hand it over to the MF for Operation Desert Storm. :biggrin:

Cheers.

Interesting SandyC,

My father served in Rhodesia as well, although I'm not sure what capacity he was in (I believe Australian Army...)

Cheers

Blackhawk

Interesting SandyC,

My father served in Rhodesia as well, although I'm not sure what capacity he was in (I believe Australian Army...)

Cheers

Blackhawk

If he was an Aussie in Rhodesia, he was a volunteer. There were a great many people from a great many places. No "foreign" troops operated in Rhodesia.

Edited by ndicki