Sign in to follow this  
max188

WOI mountain color mod

WOI mountain color mod

This terrain mod for Wings Over Israel changes the color of the mountains so they are not such a reddish hue. The WOI terrain is otherwise excellent, but the mountain color just seemed a bit off to me.

Nice work Max, getting it now.

I am not 100% sure about this. Having driven through the Sinai Peninsula many times, there is a disticntive red hue to rock formations in the region. Large areas are within the blackish to grey-brown range but there are definitely large expanses of dusty red, too.

Sandy, yes I'm sure you are right about there being many red rock areas. The problem is being limited to one moutain color to represent all mountains in the map area, so its a tradeoff. Now if the game could support various soil/mountain color overlays, that would be cool!

Very fair comment, Max. On balance, your overall colour scheme is going to look like more of the region than the reddish hue. I hope I did not come across as being critical as I had already downloaded your terrain set and I shall be installing it this weekend. I am also very appreciative of the effort any modder makes to the games. Like you say, at present everything in the sim world is a trade-off because of the limitations of the game engine. Thanks for your work on this one!