Sign in to follow this  
eraser_tr

era and service incorrect skins, any interest?

Just posing a question for everyone. Would there be any interest in sets of aircraft skins that are fictional, but based off of historical schemes used in different air forces or time periods?

Maybe an example would help explain. Fates posted a pic of an F-16 with a USAAC scheme with bright blue fuselage and yellow wings and 1930's roundels. I mean doing skins like that, or similar. A few examples using the F-14 and making early USN, WW2 colors, various airforce schemes as well as for other countries like Germany, UK or france?

The idea was sparked by the thought "How would these planes look if they had been exported to X country, or if Y country had continued using this paintscheme, or had used a modern scheme when the aircraft was still in service?"

Would love to see those type of schemes for the a/c. :yes:

You mean like paint an F-14 with markings like mid-WWII F4U Corsairs had? Glossy blue paint, huge white stars and bars?

Cool idea.

Yes, exactly.

Or something like an F-22 in other services, cold war or WW1/2 colors instead of the silver/ghost grey schemes they'll all be in.

Been doing this with IL2 skins and like the result, wanted to see if there was enough interest in it for SFP1 and FE to be worth uploading.

i would like an F-4U with jolly rogers lo-viz scheme

Or a Typhhon with Royal Italian Air Force painting scheme

Edited by the test pilot

A C-130 in a D-Day Paint Scheme for some reason appeals to me.

Yeah that'd be cool.

F/A-18 with WWII tri-color USN paint scheme, and an F-15 with a drab top, silver bottom, and D-day stripes!

Tomcat in the green/grey 1970's RAF Phantom scheme.

Some time ago, I made a fictional Italian Air Force F-4C skin, using BUFF's templates and Bobrock's 4° Stormo decals, with some ini modifications to allow weapons used by the Italian Air Force. I haven't released it because I don't know if it's worth releasing such a simple work, after all I just painted some low-visibility grey (the one used on F-104S ASAs) on BUFF's templates.

Here is a pic:

f4itsam290108.jpg

So I guess there is enough interest, I'll upload stuff as I finish.

One thing i've always loved about the TW Community, Fiction is welcomed and We dont have to cater to the rivet counters. We have the stuff of dreamers, and a world without dreamers would be a sad place to live! :good:

One thing i've always loved about the TW Community, Fiction is welcomed and We dont have to cater to the rivet counters. We have the stuff of dreamers, and a world without dreamers would be a sad place to live! :good:

Amen to that brother! I mean, where else could I fly a Gnat fighter-bomber in RAF service and in the desert?

RAFGnatFGA120Sqd.jpg

Regarding the Tomcat in RAF Grey/Green camo...

someone already done something similar

Well I've had a real good look...

so show me please!

my mistake, but there is a tomcat in RN blue schemes

look in the fictional and what if section for the aircraft add-ons

Edited by the test pilot

Heh, I've been doing stuff like this.

So far I've made a Polish Air force Viggen and a US Navy Draken.