Sign in to follow this  
ordway

TE-problems with fjords?

When making fjords in TE (mountains that come right down to the ocean), what problems if any might I expect and how would I solve them. This is assuming a new build, using a DEM file.

Thanks for any help.

Fjords are very challenging. You will face the "water climbs the hill" problem. Not very nice and very time consuming to solve it.

Fjords are very challenging. You will face the "water climbs the hill" problem. Not very nice and very time consuming to solve it.

Yes, look at your PM. It looks like a bear to fix. Do you just hand tile it to fix it, or flatten down that area or something else?

Thanks.

Do we have to re-name you Slartibartfast?

Okay, I no flap your jive in this hood. Explain Mr. Englishman please in American. I don't know much about flats, bonnets, bums, lifts, slarts, barts or fasts. :biggrin:

It's from Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy, a great series by Douglas Adams. In the series Slartibartfast was the creator of Norway, and was proud of the fjords, hence allenjb42's reference :good:

It's from Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy, a great series by Douglas Adams. In the series Slartibartfast was the creator of Norway, and was proud of the fjords, hence allenjb42's reference :good:

Thanks! I thought it had something to do with Beowulf (Hmmm, that's English too). Errr, but to answer the question, I'm interested in the long term in making Slartibartfast proud...if no one else does first....errr probably about the same time that the hitchhiker finishes his galactic journey...whenever that is. :rofl:

Well from prior experience in EF2000 (it took place in Norway) I hope you do get it to work out, it's just fun playing around the mountains :smile::good:

Well from prior experience in EF2000 (it took place in Norway) I hope you do get it to work out, it's just fun playing around the mountains :smile::good:

AND IMO it would be verry cool revisiting battles from carriers in the Norwegian, and Barents Seas in the SF series! :good: