Sign in to follow this  
majorfatal

WOI is it a good sim?

I would like to know if WOI is a good sim,if it had good campaign,good AI and if one of the biggest problem with SFP1 was solved>the horrific landing, no sensation landing everytime with no problem and my wingie crash at land or jump at the touch .....horrific.

Thanks

I'll will interested to buy WOI but I'll would like to know if the major bugs in SFP1 are fixed, specially the horrible landing feeling where my plane can land everywhere (desert,ect) and my plane is jumping like a kangaroo at the touch at the airport.

And also my wingie crash often at the landing or have strange behavior.

Apologies for my bad English :wink:

Thanks

I havnt seen bouncing planes for years - and that was only in 3rd party add on jets that hadnt been upgraded

Was that happening with 3rd party or the original stock planes?

What version of SFP1 are you running - have you installed the latest Patches? http://www.thirdwire.com/downloads_sfp1.htm

More importantly, what are your settings with regards to flight model and landings? Easy? Normal? Hard? I know it sounds like a dumb question, but it's gotta be asked...

Hard of course but it was in SFP1(year ago,Ill stop to play this game for that) and I like so much the IAF planes that I'll thinking to buy it but this bug kill the immersion.And it was with stock aircraft.

Thanks

There is a large developmental time shift between SFP1 and WOI, literally the first and latest of the series respectively. WOI is the most polished of them all and has the fewest issues on day one. AI is definitely improved!

Majorfatal you would be making a fatal decision if you didn't get WoI.

You're missing much already without WoV and WoE.

Also, the defences at airbases are better "trained".

I have only flown low over enemy bases about 8 times and got hit most times, shot down about 3or4 times.

Fly low over an airfield at your own risk!

And for the landing bouncing?It solved?This my main doubt about purchasing WOI,a good landing feeling is a must for me.

Thanks

Guest Bounder

They took the best of SFP1 WOE WOV added to them ,and made WOI It's a great game with more to come once the modder's get the feel for it. :good: :good:

And for the landing bouncing?It solved?This my main doubt about purchasing WOI,a good landing feeling is a must for me.

Thanks

Well, I fly aircraft for real and if I bounce in WOI, it's because I've hit too hard (usually 'structural damage' hard).

So, if your landings aren't good, you'll bounce. If they are, you won't.

FastCargo

works great and the landings are only as good as you are.

:biggrin:

good landing feeling is a must for me.

Thanks

I fly r/l since the 80's and I like the WOI landing feel.

No extra bouncing on landing.

But Badgers occasionally get bouncy-bouncy :rofl:

post-21726-1204040044_thumb.jpg