:clapping::good:

Guest Bounder

not trying to steal your thunder but did a drop n drop and changed the country got this from Strike Fighter add ons I think.

post-17849-1203946972_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1203947186_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bounder

Nice Bounder

The Vampire skin is not my own - its the original Rafcamo. I still have to change the underside to silver. Decals came out well though.

Can someone help with getting the Vampire armed. I've never been very good at using the weapons editor so I can't get the appropriate weapons show up for the Vampire. The 16lb rockets and 250lb bombs will have to be added to WoI. All I've been able to add successfully is the Vampire drop tank (unskinned).

Thanks

LloydNB

not trying to steal your thunder but did a drop n drop and changed the country got this from Strike Fighter add ons I think.

the vampire and vixen have been a fav of mine many years.Something personel about those jets :ok:

Lloyd: already in game with the semi-approiate weapons (hint: use WP, and FAB100 or...start importing via the new editor. NOTE: DON"T do a merge import...do it the old fashioned way, each single weapon)

Your 60lb rockets already exist in the bunny pak == look for EYG 60lb. You'll still need the slipper tanks.

All my earlier WoE Mid-East Wars stuff in already updated for WoI (loadout wise).

Another quick pointer: all the Arab Hunters loads are porked....switch them to "WP", and use Soviet weapons; FAB250, UV32. Fuel tanks work ok

edit: the vampire tanks use the tank_400_mig17.bmp

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Wrench

I was using the Hunter installs in WoI as a guide and could work out why the Vampire ordinance didn't show. I never thought that the Hunter was wrong in the first place. The whole connection between "enemy/friendly", weapon attachment and weapon type has always confused the hell out of me.

Given that only the Arab forces used UK ordinance in 1967, could we change the 60lb rocket to be WP? The Suez Crisis would be a bit trickier due to the Israelis and Egyptians both using Meteors.

LloydNB

I've had no problems with mine .... the EAF Metors I released some time back, were already set to "WP"

Note: you'll need to disable the automatic speed control for the canopies on ALL the Metors ...otherwise they'll be flying with them open all the time. apparently, that no longer works. I've tried figuring out the animation keys for, but after an hour, said 'hell with this...' and just disabled them

I'll post the needed weapons, if anyone wants. It should be noted, I'm using the TMF pak in my "historic" WoI install ... no What if or Fantasy aircraft at all (Karish, Kardom, etc) - have 3 installs already (one, clean; 2nd Historic only, 3 historic and WhatIfs). Theatre and era specific aircarft/vehicles ONLY.

The mustang rockt rack should be modified to carry the 60#s, too. I just found a picture in one of my books of them being rearmed during Moked with them, as opposed to HVARs (which is alrady in the TMF pak). The UK 60# are needed for the Oraguan, as well as the Mossie and Beau.

On the ground object side, I've had no problems bringing in the T-34, Su-100, SA-3s, M-3 halftrack, Easy8 Sherman (M50) by Geo, M-42, 90mm US AAA, and a host of others. Including the 'adding MGs to tanks' mod of mine.

The TMF pack is much better, I belive -especially with the additons-. Oh, the gun editor still works with the newer formats it WoI; haven't had any glitches with that yet.

If you guys want specifics, I can create a new posts in the KBs loadout thread for Historic WoI. Or even release a small pak, as I've got all the lods and bmps IDed.

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Wrench

I've got the 60lb rockets to show but they are not skinned. Since there is not a separate bmp for them, they must borrow their skin from another weapon. I just don't know which one.

LloydNB

A guick look with the handy-dandy does it all hex editor reveals....

sams.bmp

btw: there seems to be a problem with my EAF Mc-205 Veltro. As in it explodes on the runway. Can't figure out why. I'll have to shoot Capun and email about it.

Also, the decal path is wrong for my S-199 IDF stand in 109G

In the decals ini, Change "S-199_IDF" to

S199_IDF

little typo there...

Be VERY carefull flying it...the prop flight models are really wacked out ... damn thing departed on me last night; first time ever!!! It was wild!!! Spits and Mustang seem ok, but they all handle reaaaallly different!!

Wrench

kevin stein

S-199 was veeery hard to fly :yes:

Many pilots crashed with this wild machine :blink:

On the other hand, israely pilots shot down with Avia S-199 some planes - Spitfire for example too.

S-199 is myth, legend, or just conversion... Who knows... :rolleyes:

But it is big part of czechoslovak and israely aviation history, I think :yes:

My czech or slovak friends will modell this nice plane in the future, I hope :crazy:

I'll post the needed weapons, if anyone wants. It should be noted, I'm using the TMF pak in my "historic" WoI install ... no What if or Fantasy aircraft at all (Karish, Kardom, etc) - have 3 installs already (one, clean; 2nd Historic only, 3 historic and WhatIfs). Theatre and era specific aircarft/vehicles ONLY.

Me wants, pretty please :)

If possible for the following aircraft:

F-84F

F-51D

Canberra

SeaHawk

Hunter F6

Meteor F8

F-4U7

MD-450

DH Venom

DH Vampire

And if you have them, paratrooper loudout for C-47

On the ground object side, I've had no problems bringing in the T-34, Su-100, SA-3s, M-3 halftrack, Easy8 Sherman (M50) by Geo, M-42, 90mm US AAA, and a host of others. Including the 'adding MGs to tanks' mod of mine.

Could you point me to this 'adding MGs to tanks' mod?

That would cut my workload immensely so I can focus on just the Suez campaign...

LloydNB, do you do skins on request? :)

Johan217

If you're interested in 1956 skins then there are plenty around. As for doing skins on request - well you can but ask. I'll always consider it, especially if its for the EAF in 1956.

LloydNB

Johan: it's a bunch of the stock vehicles data inis I dropped into the Pakso Pak some time back. Obviously, some of the positions aren't quite right (for the tanks = T54/55 are a little too high, but they fire!) BTR-50, BTR-152, etc

Looking thruogh the vehicles d/ls seciton, I DO notice I never uploaded the Desert Skins for the Pasko Pak...odd, they're on my site. I guess I'll take care of that today.

As to aircraft, my IDF mustang is all set, just need to import the weapons

WoI Hunters is super easy...make their attachment type = "WP", and use UV32 and FAB250.

TMF Thunderstreaks are already set to use their pak, so need no editing.

Their AN Corsairs should be set up for it; it's their plane! :wink: - be advised...props are running weeeeiirrdd!

All the Meteors (EAF & IDF) are set up - their either here at CA or my site (again, just need weapons importations)

Looks like I'll be starting a new "Weapons and Loadout Fixes for WoI Historical Installs" thread in the KB....

BTW, the BunyPak CAN be used, but it require a few minutes of editing with the new weapons editor...my "Non Historic" install uses that one, and all seem fine (excepting the Arab loadouts ... had to use "Soviet" for all of them - very odd)

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Just a quick note....

johan: which weapons pak are you wanting to be using? TMF will need importation of the nationalized (EAF, etc) weapons.

the bunypak has all the stuff already. All the aircraft listed (excepting the Thuderstreak) are all updated and either listed in the KB loadouts thread, or like my EAF/IDF props/early jets in their respective aircraft.

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench

I'm increasingly getting confused about what aircraft, skins and ground objects we have for the Middle East from 1948 trhough to 1967. Perhaps we should start a thread to keep tabs on this stuff and where it can be downloaded.

With the suite of TK games growing and the community splintering off into various specialty areas (theatres and eras) people are getting pulled in many different directions. Even if there was a separate WoI area or a discussion point for each theatre it might help.

On a lighter note, I've started to "fix" the RJAF Hunter skin in WoI. Numbering should be in Latin numbers (not Arabic), the squadron emblem and letter codes on the tail are missing and as you stated earlier the attachments are wrong for it to fill the "enemy" role.

LloydNB

Conside it done...I"ll start a new sticky above JUST for WoI Historic Mods

Wrench

kevin stein

Just a quick note....

johan: which weapons pak are you wanting to be using? TMF will need importation of the nationalized (EAF, etc) weapons.

the bunypak has all the stuff already. All the aircraft listed (excepting the Thuderstreak) are all updated and either listed in the KB loadouts thread, or like my EAF/IDF props/early jets in their respective aircraft.

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks both of you for the info!

@Wrench

Whichever pack is the most convenient. So if I understand correctly the pack by Bunyap is best?

You know I never looked at the Knowledge Base, my fault :)

So if I get the pasko vehicle pack it should already have the MGs added to the tanks?

@LloydNB

Yes I've seen your EAF skins, and I'll definitely find a use for them ;)

I'm mostly looking for repaints of RAF Canberra's and Hunters, French/Israeli Mystères (WOI model) for units that took part in the Suez campaign. I can send you colour profiles for all of them. I can do a bit of skinning myself, but I'd rather have it done professionally :)