Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

Movie related question about F-35

Okay so I was watching a , high def downloaded :ninja: version of Die Hard 4.0 and this is mainly for those who have actually seen the movie, because if you have'nt then you wont know what I'm talking about. Aaanyway's you people remember the F-35 scene, well my question is (this applie's to those of you who TRULY do know know something about the a/c) can the aircraft truly pull the maneuver's that it did in the movie. Sorry I know it's not a rather thought provoking question but, I'm really curious. TKIA

Edited by Atreides

...high def downloaded :ninja: version...

That little jewel of a line plays right in to my theory that well-executed emoticons are not a nuisance, but rather a type of spice for word play and form. Furthermore, blah blah blah... :stink:

OK back on task. I would say probably not, hollywood movies have a penchant for stretching the truth a bit. I mean, there are probably capabilities similar to that, but most likely not that.

However, since it's still in development, I can only guess, hope that was helpful.

That scene was so over-the-top ridiculous.

No jet would dare hover INSIDE a multi-level freeway. At the least the plane would have trouble in control, and at worst it would crash. Going over a highway like that that low would result in unstable airflow as it passed from being 6 ft over the road to more to less and back. Also, AFAIK there is ZERO way to fire the guns in the hover. That is for take off/landing, it's not a helo gunship! Also, there's no way he would get that close. Again, it's not a helo. However, the movie makers decided once it got there they could make it into a helicopter and so they did.

In short, although it's nice to watch, it's no different from the ridiculous scene with Arnold and Eliza Dushku and that other guy in True Lies.

In short, although it's nice to watch, it's no different from the ridiculous scene with Arnold and Eliza Dushku and that other guy in True Lies.

What?! The "You're fired!" scene?? Ridiculous?? Say it ain't so... :biggrin:

I love how in movies like this, they'll fire missiles, miss and instead of using the rest of their missiles, they decide "No... I have to get closer. It needs to be more personal!" Hehe. Kind of like in Stealth how they're flying in ULTRA close formation as though it was normal for Mach 4+ superstealth planes. Were they huddling up to keep warm?? :no:

If "movies" didn't do this.... would you still watch them????

that'll bake your noodle for awhile....... :dntknw:

Eliza Dushku...

Mmmm... :rolleyes:

back on topic, it's one of those moments in movies when you watch it, thinking -what a complete idot made it -and yet have satisfaction watching

back on topic, it's one of those moments in movies when you watch it, thinking -what a complete idot made it -and yet have satisfaction watching

My point exactlly!

I loved how Willis rolled through the trailer and brought down a F-35 eventually and was on the jet and then off the jet safely...it was so over the top that my reaction was WHAT THE ? and then I just had to say "now that was awesome"

Edited by Atreides

I just loved how the pilot threw away a state of the art plane in dubious circumstances... at least I would have been if I wasn't thinking naughty thoughts about Maggie Q! :biggrin:

Eliza Dushku...

Mmmm... :rolleyes:

Errr she was like twelve when that movie was made.

Did you seen her in a movie lately...

Did you seen her in a movie lately...

Exactly...she's hawt!

FastCargo

f-16.net has a very interesting thread going on about the same topic (F-35 in Die Hard 4, I mean, not Eliza Dushku)

You guys should've seen the Harrier thread at Eliza Dushku.net! :wink:

She looked good in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, which was 6 yrs after True Lies.

Don't forget her in the Buffy TV series....

WRench

kevin stein

Hey she's from Boston!