Anyone have a working carrier based campaigns for WOE?

Hi Stratos, no, but I do have a set of carrier missions in development for WOE that involve a mass strike against a heavily defended Warsaw Pact target, if that's of interest.

When it's ready you'll be able to choose from one of Strike, SEAD or CAP missions for [A-6E, A-6B, EA-6A, FA-18A (carrier-based)], or [F-111F, F-4G, F-4M, Harrier GR-3 (land-based)]. Each aircraft choice gives you a different perspective of the day's events.

Should be ready in a week or so.

Regards, comrpnt.

Well, sort of. I did edit the stock '79 campaign to include carrier-based US Navy units.

Edited by Gocad

I did a modification to include CV in a stock '79 campaign. But it doesn't work very well. The missions area always is too far and the speed required is too high be successfull. Maybe I missing something.

I've been working on a Carrier campaign circa 1995 from the soviet perspective. I don't however intend to release it until it has the proper aircraft and ships to populate it.

yes. I modded several for Desert Storm, Libya and the Red Swarm campaigns. They all work ok.

Edited by Typhoid

Yep, modded the 1979 WOE campaign (and created a 1993 WOE campaign) that included the following for carrier ops:

USN - F-14s, A-6, F-18, EA-6B, A-7

USMC - AV-8A/C off the Tawara

RN - Harrier FRS1 and FRS3. And the F-4N (?) off the Ark Royal

France - Super Entardards and F-8FN off the Foch (and soon to be modded to the new Clem)...

Works like a champ...though some of the legs are LONG...

FastCargo

Thank you all for those comrpnt will be looking for yours.

many thanks!

Edited by topcat II

Yep, modded the 1979 WOE campaign (and created a 1993 WOE campaign) that included the following for carrier ops:

USN - F-14s, A-6, F-18, EA-6B, A-7

USMC - AV-8A/C off the Tawara

RN - Harrier FRS1 and FRS3. And the F-4N (?) off the Ark Royal

France - Super Entardards and F-8FN off the Foch (and soon to be modded to the new Clem)...

Works like a champ...though some of the legs are LONG...

FastCargo

Great FastCargo. Where could I find those Foch carrier?

Yep go for Red Swarm.Its mad bad and ugly. Its got F-14s, f-18s,a-6s, a-7s, s-3s, and all the rest. And digital overloads carrier so its a four man take off.Go into the campaign data file though to ascertain what you need to down load.Its got all the Migs and even the SU-27. Makes for interesting Mach 2 intercepts, and super dogfights so watch yer six.

And sure it works. On vista too. Need help Ill be glad walk you through it. I had quite a time. And oh yeah the rf-4c aint around here no more so go for the ef-4c and make the neccesary changes in the redswarm data files.

Yep go for Red Swarm.Its mad bad and ugly. Its got F-14s, f-18s,a-6s, a-7s, s-3s, and all the rest. And digital overloads carrier so its a four man take off.Go into the campaign data file though to ascertain what you need to down load.Its got all the Migs and even the SU-27. Makes for interesting Mach 2 intercepts, and super dogfights so watch yer six.

And sure it works. On vista too. Need help Ill be glad walk you through it. I had quite a time. And oh yeah the rf-4c aint around here no more so go for the ef-4c and make the neccesary changes in the redswarm data files.

Actually ignore that im sure uve been around long enough to have blown the hell out off that one.

I did a modification to include CV in a stock '79 campaign. But it doesn't work very well. The missions area always is too far and the speed required is too high be successfull. Maybe I missing something.

What i did was alter the individual aircraft data files; increased top speeds after making correct real world references to mach figures. However like in the real world you cant do go max throttle forever. I dont know what happens except after a certain point ur a flying firecracker.

I believe that the DBS and OTC campaigns have carrier ops built in from the start. I made modded versions of the OTC campaign into a Cuba 2000 one and added several shipping lanes to the DBS terrain and made a campaign based in 1985.

However i only made minor changes to accomplish this and these campaigns belong to the original authors so i cant upload them.

Its really easy to mod the campaign files, just make a copy of a campaign folder and start opening the files and youll quickly end up with tons of custom campaigns.

Great FastCargo. Where could I find those Foch carrier?

Actually, it doesn't really exist. I noticed the Ark Royal was very similiar in layout, so I repained the deck and...instant Foch. But no longer necessary now that the MF put out a Clem...

FastCargo