Sign in to follow this  
jayo

Tornado sidewinder rails

I thought i saw a file in the D/L's that adds sidewinder rails to the stock WoE Tornado.Is it still about 'coz i cant seem to locate it?

I thought i saw a file in the D/L's that adds sidewinder rails to the stock WoE Tornado.Is it still about 'coz i cant seem to locate it?

stock WOE Tornado? Nah.

Check the knowledge base. There's an article that explains how to add those rails.

EDIT: D'oh.

Edited by Gocad

Yeah, well there is much else to do when you are stuck at work all night staring at monitors and nothing is going on operationally for 9 hours out of the 12.

Wow cheers guys!

I knew the file was somewhere.....

Yeah my mistake,the Tornado came with the Nato-II package i think.

I have a question guys, are all the tornados IDS/GRs supose this have this stations? or just some of them?

I have a question guys, are all the tornados IDS/GRs supose this have this stations? or just some of them?

The max file was lost on the final production thus why the rails were left out.

I think he is askiing which model tornadoe's have sidewinder stations?

THe max file was lost on the fianl production thus why the rails were left out.

Thank you, and for helping me that other time as well. :rofl:

But actually waht I wanted to know is since I have 4 tornados IDS (plus an ADV)

Beeing:

Tornado_IDS

Tornado_GR

TornadoGR1A

TornadoGrMk1

Should I add the stations to all of them. Did they all carry them? or even are they actually the same plane?

Thank you, and for helping me that other time as well. :rofl:

But actually waht I wanted to know is since I have 4 tornados IDS (plus an ADV)

Beeing:

Tornado_IDS

Tornado_GR

TornadoGR1A

TornadoGrMk1

Should I add the stations to all of them. Did they all carry them? or even are they actually the same plane?

All 4 of those are made by the same person and IIRC yes you would have to add them to all.

All 4 of those are made by the same person and IIRC yes you would have to add them to all.

Ok Great!

and I'm sorry about that rotf smile that wasn't the emotion I wanted to put down ohhps.

Ok Great!

and I'm sorry about that rotf smile that wasn't the emotion I wanted to put down ohhps.

I downloaded two separate versions abobut a month ago - the Tornado IDS,which had working Sidewinder

rails but no working guns and the GR.1A, which had no Sidewinder rails but has working guns. A little

confusing to say the least. The GR-1A had some great skins (especially the Gulf War I desert pink) and

I tried adding the rails using the help file mentioned above but after meticulously following instructions

(I'm no greenhorn) they ended up inside the inner pylons, which I'm sure you'll agree doesn't look very

pleasing to the eye. Can anyone help me with this? :dntknw:

I downloaded two separate versions abobut a month ago - the Tornado IDS,which had working Sidewinder

rails but no working guns and the GR.1A, which had no Sidewinder rails but has working guns. A little

confusing to say the least. The GR-1A had some great skins (especially the Gulf War I desert pink) and

I tried adding the rails using the help file mentioned above but after meticulously following instructions

(I'm no greenhorn) they ended up inside the inner pylons, which I'm sure you'll agree doesn't look very

pleasing to the eye. Can anyone help me with this? :dntknw:

Hey Ultrmax, there is a great tutorial in the Knowledge Base on how to just do that. Check it out, it is there for YOU! :good:

I havent added the pylons to all my tornados but i did to the Tornado GR.Mk1 I think I followed this tuturial. But can´t remember now.

But I might have copied two stations out of the Fmk3. Any way this is what my two sations on the GR.Mk1 look like at the moment.

[sidewinderStationLeft1]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=5

StationGroupID=4

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-2.201,-1.67,-0.328

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=370.0

AllowedWeaponClass=IRM

AttachmentType=NATO,UK

ModelNodeName=LeftSWPylon

MovingPylon=TRUE

RotatingPylon=FALSE

PylonMass=163.2

PylonDragArea=0.03

[sidewinderStationRight1]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=6

StationGroupID=4

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=2.21,-1.67,-0.328

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=370.0

AllowedWeaponClass=IRM

AttachmentType=NATO,UK

ModelNodeName=RightSWPylon

MovingPylon=TRUE

RotatingPylon=FALSE

PylonMass=163.2

PylonDragArea=0.03

make sure the number on this is unique on each station StationID=

and this StationGroupID= is the same on both of them and diferent from any other station you have on your tornados.

just use next number in sequence

Visually not perfect but works for me.

Hey Ultrmax, there is a great tutorial in the Knowledge Base on how to just do that. Check it out, it is there for YOU! :good:

Thanks a million guys. Just tried out a single mission on the GR.1A to re-cap on the problem. It's my day off but after

getting this intel I don't think there's going to be much grass cut today. All I need now is to find myself one of those

F.Mk3s I keep hearing you guys talk about. :biggrin:

BTW, does anybody out there know if there's a Harrier II (GR.5, etc.) model in the pipeline? :clapping:

IDS was made by Amokfloo

I'm sorry about what I posted here before. It's not correct!

Not Entirely anyway...

This Is the deal :

What I posted about copying the f.mk3 two inner sidewinder stations. had worked for me for one of my IDSs/Gr mk1As whatever.

But what happened is since I had 4 of those tornados. And had read USAFMTL's tuturial, but was a bit unhappy about having to load them with 4 sidewinders when this planes only are supose to have 2. So I noticed my f.mk 3 had independant stations and copied the two inner ones to one of my IDSs/Gr mk1As and it worked, but... when I tried to finish the job today, and give the same treatment to my other tornados the results were... well ugly and wierd. What I then found out is that one of my IDSs/Gr mk1As actually is made using the f.mk3s LOD file (totally by chance, the one I had modified), and even though it came with the sidewinder stations erased, I was able to had them and it worked. But because the others are a diferent LOD well... I'll have to live with 4 winders.

Sorry to have misslead anyone. If you have that tornado though you can use this method instead of USAFTML's as I have a fealing his tutorial might only work for models based on the other LODs (don't know the author, but is the same LODs as the Tornado that comes with NATO FIGHTERS), then again I'm just guessing.

I'll post pictures of my Gr. mk1A with only two winder stations tomorow.

And Sorry again.