Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bounder

FFOW FRONTLINES FULE OF WAR

Guest Bounder

RELEASED TODAY

http://www.frontlineswar.com/

# Rough Storyline: In a desperate, near future setting where controlling the planet's depleting fossil resources determines the ultimate fate of civilization. A global war for oil is being waged between two superpowers, the Western Coalition (US/EU) and the Red Star Alliance (Russia/China), and players will be instrumental in determining how the war is waged -- and won.

# Development for PC and Xbox 360 on Unreal 3 Engine

# Windows XP & Windows Vista compatible.

# Urban Warfare.

# Set in the Near-Future.

RELEASED TODAY

Been playing it for a bit after many CTD's completed 3 missions good story line,independent movement,and use of most weapons, vehicles and drones are allowed. Now as good as COD4MW ,but a very close second. Might take first after a few good patches.(screen shots from the web site )

post-17849-1204092038_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1204092054_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1204092074_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1204092114_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1204092129_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1204092144_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bounder

Guest Bounder

well ppl the online game play is good you can even fly in it,but as a single player game well in a word it suk's they are working on a patch,but the game is listed as a windows game, Vista compatible WTF .What you get so far in the first couple of missions ,and you get frozen screen,or CTD take your pick as you will get both.

On line is fast ,and fever pitched. Intense battles large and small evolve around you,and yes you can get cut off,or left behind. so unless you just want a online game WAIT till they release a few patches unless you want to be a bata tester. FFOW patch 1.01 is out ,but is not a finished one. :dntknw: I tried the patch and no improvment as of yet. :grandpa:

Edited by Bounder

Guest Bounder

OK pll the new patch seems to have fixed meny of the problems. The game is like you mated crysis with call of duty many environment items can be destroyed or damaged. As a FPS its very good,and never had any problems with the online play.

Thansk for the news. I'll have to try it out.

Guest Bounder

ok got to 5 out of 8 combat missions(each mission has 3-5 phase lines or sub missions) finally got a ctd, but without loss of data so my missions were still good. If your getting it don't lose the paper work,one the key code is lose in the pile,and second there is a second extra mission SP-VILLAGE you can enter in extra bonus.

As soon as I find were my screen shots are Ill post them. Just got a TAC-Nuke from the RedStar collation. they even nuked there own just to hit us 40% kia them 80% kia us were stuck in our tanks as the rads are to high now.

Edited by Bounder

Guest Bounder

That’s exactly what happened in 2024. Well, it didn’t happen all at

once, like someone turning off the faucet. No, it happened slowly.

It started in the summer of 2008. That’s when the international

demand for oil surpassed the ability of oil producers to pump more to

keep supply ahead of demand. ‘Peak Oil’, they called it.

In hindsight, it should have been hard to miss what happened next.

The price of oil jumped from $70, to over $100 per barrel. Aside from

paying more for gas and heating your home, no one seemed to notice

at first. It was conventional wisdom that the price would go down

again. But instead, oil prices begin an irrevocable rise that slowly

began to weigh on global economies and advance energy to the

forefront of national policies.

ok this is scary "The price of oil jumped from $70, to over $100 per barrel. Aside from

paying more for gas and heating your home, no one seemed to notice

at first." :tumbleweed::blink:

Guest Bounder

ok found some,the last is when we got NUKED

this tells where you find your screens at:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:28 am Post subject: help with screen shots? Reply with quote

where do all my screen shots go? ? ?i press f 12 to indicate that the screen was taken.. but i can't find any file ? ?

Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Check My Documents\My Games\Frontlines - Fuel of War\

Might be in a screenshot folder, not sure I haven't tried myself.

Check My Documents\My Games\Frontlines - Fuel of War\

Might be in a screenshot folder, not sure I haven't tried myself.

post-17849-1204271924_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1204271943_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1204271958_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1204271981_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1204271998_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1204272013_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1204272041_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1204272054_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1204272076_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1204272310_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bounder

Guest Bounder

PC well finished the single player mission they occur in Moscow. will post pics soon.

Edited by Bounder

PC well finished the single player mission they occur in Moscow. will post pics soon.

Bounder,

So i take it you arent having any problems with the game as so many others are? Hey could you get me some more images of the Osprey?

Guest Bounder
Bounder,

So i take it you arent having any problems with the game as so many others are? Hey could you get me some more images of the Osprey?

not after the patch was released and sure on the pics

may be a bit go this notice,Attachment space used 8.02MB of 8MB

Edited by Bounder

Just finished test driving Frontlines online w/ a 360 and it was pretty fun until people started taking the game a bit too seriously. I ended my night getting threatened by someone ONLINE, which is pretty hilarious when you think about someone trying to act tough while playing a video game (and it wasn't even that...it was the demo!!). If I may quote from one of Goethe's plays, "A coward only threatens when he is safe."

But back on topic, its a pretty fun game to play online, although it kind of has that "Battlefield" feel and look to it, but still enough to keep me busy for 2hrs.

Guest Bounder

later this month the demo for PC is due out would be interesting to hear a comparison of the two.