Sign in to follow this  
Psychobabble

Is there a difference between the ATI Radeon 9600s?

Help,

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the ATI Radeon 9600 and the 9600 Pro (both 128 Mb)? I'm building a computer for the sole purpose of playing LOMAC when it comes out and I saw an ad at Best Buy for the ATI Radeon 9600 128 Mb DDR AGP card for $150. When I went online, I see the ATI Radeon 9600 128 Mb listed as "Pro" for slightly higher. Is this a different card? If so, what is the difference. Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Psychobabble

Go with the Pro, it's got faster RAM and you can OC it a lot better. It's worth the extra few bucks you are going to spend.

You'll like the card, it's what I have and I'm finding I can OC the thing another 180Mhz above stock and stay rock-solid stable. And it runs LOMAC well. Of course, a 9800Pro would run it even better... :wink:

Thanks once again, MadJeff! I'll go for the 9800 if I can fit it into the budget.

Also, I've noticed from the other posts that NVIDIA card users seem to be very loyal to that brand of card, in that they say there's a lot of updates and such for that card. Any opinions?

All in Wonder 9600 Pro Will have Faster Components

CPU Clock is tha Same But the Ramw is Clocked around 650 I believe.

Guest MrMudd

Im interested in seeing how my GeForce 4 TI 4200 128DDR is going to handle Lomac with my Xp2400/Xp3200 PC's

Hi MadJeff,im runnin a AIT 9600pro card,what version driver should i

have installed for best performance?i now have ver:6.14.0010.6368 English.i understand you have the same card.

thanks dfang