Sign in to follow this  
Emp_Palpatine

WoI Arab air forces/mysteres, vautour etc

Hi guys!

Does anybody plans making arab air forces playable in WoI and the same for the Mystère, super mystère and Vautour?

It would be great!

Hi guys!

Does anybody plans making arab air forces playable in WoI and the same for the Mystère, super mystère and Vautour?

It would be great!

Working on it, I just need to sort out a problem with the MiG-23 that is uncontrollable and find a download-friendly solution for the cockpits.

Johan,

I've gotten the stock MiG-23BN and MiG-23MF to fly in WOI by copying and pasting the relevant flight (FM) bits from nele's FM tweek files into the WOI DATA.INIs .

I just left all the dimensions stuff in the stock INI as is, as well as the new stall handling entries for the FM.

It seemed to work.

Took about an hour and they handle quite well now.

If you want I can upload a copy later on, giving nele the full credit for producing the FM parts of the original files.

Guest Bounder

If your not that savvy messing with the files,or dont have a clue what your talking about. Have been using it on all Arab jets in the game and it works. But for the few other jets like the add on F-100 the IDF used may have to go that route.

got this at another site if you don't mind using a A-4 cockpit

if you want to fly the non piloted AC in the game choose a cockpit INI.(A-4E_cockpit.ini) add to AC fles and fly,but don't add the cockpit file it's not needed.

Add these change's to the Hunter F Mk.59

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=Hunter F Mk.59

AircraftShortName=Hunter

AircraftDataFile=HunterF59_data.ini

LoadoutFile=HunterF59_loadout.ini

CockpitDataFile=A-4E_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=hunter_hangar_screen.bmp

Loadingscreen=hunter_loading_screen.bmp

LoadoutImage=hunter_loadout.bmp

[LOD001]

Filename=Hunter9.LOD

Distance=100

[LOD002]

Filename=Hunter9_LOD2.LOD

Distance=250

[LOD003]

Filename=Hunter9_LOD3.LOD

Distance=500

[LOD004]

Filename=Hunter9_LOD4.LOD

Distance=1000

[LOD005]

Filename=Hunter9_LOD5.LOD

Distance=10000

[DamageTexture]

DamagedPostFix=_holes.tga

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=800

[TextureSet001]

Directory=IrAFCamo1

Name=IrAF Camo 1

Nation=Iraq

Specular=0.400000

Glossiness=0.400000

Reflection=0.000000

Edited by Bounder

if you want to fly the non piloted AC in the game choose a cockpit INI.(A-4E_cockpit.ini) add to AC fles and fly,but don't add the cockpit file it's not needed.

That's what I was planning to do, I just can't make up my mind which cockpit would be appropriate. :) I'll probably alias the more modern MiGs to the Nesher or Mirage. Then we have a basic package that is ready for use, and users can afterwards install addon pits if they wish.

Johan,

I've gotten the stock MiG-23BN and MiG-23MF to fly in WOI by copying and pasting the relevant flight (FM) bits from nele's FM tweek files into the WOI DATA.INIs .

Great!

Well - I'd like to upload the files but it says that I'm not allowed to upload this type of file for some reason.

Strange.

What do I have to do to attach a file to a post here?

store the zip off site somewhere, like a personal website, and post the links' url ... make sure it's zipped. DOn't think the board will accept "ini" as a file type

You know, you all could just use the Mirage Factory's 23MF...that's what I did. SImple matter to just change the nation and decal pointers in the decals ini. Mind you, the camo colors might be 'off' for the region, but it works! As to the others....well, let's see what Doc Neles data does..

I"d like to have all three of the 3rdW Floggers flyable...right now they're porked!!! Of course, all MiGs should splat :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: in a aside, and don't tell anyone...the full F-4B cockpit, lods, bmps, tgas, etc, can be found in my F-89C upgrade. Since WoI is the only game that dosen't have it.....and it wasn't out yet, there didn't seem to be a problem with uploading it.

Thanks Wrench.

I haven't got a personal website so I've zipped them up and submitted it to the downloads section.

I'll see if the Administrators upload it.

Progress report:

I have the 1967 campaign ready, but I still need to make a package for making the AI aircraft flyable. Since I want this to work without any addon requirements, I am using the cockpit aliases below. If you find a better alternative, let me know.

Hunter, MiG-17/17F/19, Su-7, Vautour, Mystère, SuperMystère, Sa'ar >>> A-4B

Mirage V >>> Nesher

MiG-21 >>> Mirage III

MiG-23 >>> F-4E

Also, I'm looking for loadout.bmp files for these aircraft (for Mirage V I can use the Nesher bmp)

@BattlerBritain: may I include your MiG-23 FM edits?

What does splat means? :smile:

Take bag of jelly and drop it from the roof of a building onto the ground. THAT is a splat. :wink:

Dosen't the SMBD already have a cockpit??? Just reference the Sa'ar to that one. And the mystre 4

As to the fishbeds, just tell them end users to go grab Paladrains...they're gonna want to do that at some point :wink:

15/17/19/Su7 still with the Scooter (or ADs Su17 pit)

On my Lybia Mir5BA, I just used the pit from the TMF's 5B.

I think most folks have one of the eariler games, it's pretty easy to just swap over folders

Wrench

kevin stein

Dosen't the SMBD already have a cockpit??? Just reference the Sa'ar to that one. And the mystre 4

There is a cockpit.ini for the SuperMystere in the objects.cat, but it doesn't work in WOI because it uses the F-100D cockpit model.

I want this to work without addons, so I'm using only stuff that is present in WOI. It's really just a quick fix for people who want to fly campaigns for the other side. I really want to get started on my bigger projects after this :)

Understood.

Who wants to be bet TK gives us a 'hot fix' that puts the Hun lod back in the objects cat???? :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

Package uploaded, should be available soon.

It's really meant as a testbed for future campaigns, so if you can think of anything that needs to be changed or added, let me know.

The developers had the foresight to add comments in the campaign files indicating the type of aircraft/vehicle the units used historically, so it's easy to see which units you could replace by e.g. MiG-25s or Shermans :)

WOI campaigns Expansion v0.1 by Johan217

---------------------------------------------------

This package adds more flyable squadrons for both sides in the stock WOI campaigns.

Contents:

------------------

- All 3 stock WOI campaigns updated to add more flyable squadrons for both sides

- All stock WOI aircraft (except Tu-16 and IL-28) made flyable using stock WOI cockpits

- Fixed FM for MiG-23 (thanks to BattlerBritain and nele)

- Fixed loadouts for the Hunter (thanks to Wrench)

- Fixed an error with Etzion airbase (thanks to SidDogg)

Addon Requirements:

-----------------------

None.

Third party cockpits for most aircraft are available in the downloads section of www.combatace.com should you wish to use them.

Acknowledgements:

-----------------

- BattlerBritain for updating the MiG-23 flight models (edits based on the MiG-23 package by nele available at http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...;showfile=4565)

- SidDogg for the Etzion airbase fix

- Wrench for valuable info on aircraft loadouts

Edited by Johan217

Great! I'm going to try it.

Anyone knows where I can find an Mig 21-F13, a MiG23 and a MiG 21bis pit?

Much add ons pit that are here includes FM and/or avionic tweaks. Are they WoI compatible?

Cheers Johan :good:

Believe it or not the WOI MiG FM ini change is the first mod I've ever had posted. I think I've got a way to go before I catch up with some others around here :biggrin:

I have recently added the readily available Mirage F1 to WOI only to discover a number of handling issues it would appear as though the FM needs amending to make it more stable in WOI, has anyone come up with a fix for this particular aircraft?

Lazboy

I have recently added the readily available Mirage F1 to WOI only to discover a number of handling issues it would appear as though the FM needs amending to make it more stable in WOI, has anyone come up with a fix for this particular aircraft?

Lazboy

Bug the hell out of C5 maybe he will fix it. :biggrin: