Does anyone know if there is or was any of the Star Wars fighters and the Falcon in the pipeline? The X-Wing would be ace for intercept and fighter cap missions and the Falcon would be ace at deepstrike

STAR WARS?

I'm sorry star wars doesn't sport the realism Macross and other anime fighter series

portray. Fighters from Star Wars seem more at home in space rather then in the skies

of europe and middle east.

but what ever floats your boat i can't tell you what to like. I'm more for Anime designs

in the air and if you ask around you may find a following for star wars designs.

Does anyone know if there is or was any of the Star Wars fighters and the Falcon in the pipeline? The X-Wing would be ace for intercept and fighter cap missions and the Falcon would be ace at deepstrike

actually back in the beginning there were several Star Wars fighters etc. shown by modders being used in game but afaik none of them was ever publicly released.

...Fighters from Star Wars seem more at home in space rather then in the skies

of europe and middle east...

Link

Actually, I think it would be awesome to see X-wings and TIE fighters over Europe, like in Secret Weapons Over Normandy, but less arcade-ish.

Just play on a clear night with the stars :wink: It would be cool to add that dimension to the sim.

RsN64.jpg

'bout 4 years ago, bpao showed some screenies at SimHQ of the T-65 and T/F in SF, along with a Death Star backdrop (replaced the moon, methinks??)

Again, it didn't materalize. Fun idea nonetheless.

Wrench

kevin stein

I'm sorry i still stand by my thoughts i still see star wars as a space

combat theme.

BUT! IF THERES A FOLLOWING HECK LIFE IS ABOUT TRYING OUT NEW THINGS

SO IF ANY STAR WARS STUFF COMES OUT I'D DOWNLOAD IT!

SORRY TO ANYONE WHO GOT THE IDEA I WAS CLOSE MINDED.

I HAD TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX ^_^

STAR WARS?

I'm sorry star wars doesn't sport the realism Macross and other anime fighter series

portray.

:blink:

Wow, putting Macross, anime and realism in one sentence...that's bold. It's basically instant death for every sarcasm detector.

Anyway, while I have absolutely no interest in anime stuff (it's simply to silly for my taste, sorry) I'd love to see a X-Wing and perhaps even a TIE Fighter in-game. The FM should be interesting... :wink:

Edited by Gocad

Maybe not realism but Star Wars has been done to death.

EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK A STAR WARS THEME IS THROWN AT YOU.

For once a game for air combat without X-WINGS AND TIE FIGHTERS

THROWN IN.

Maybe what most of us are looking for are ACE COMBAT STYLE GAMES.

i'm sorry to say i'm sick of star wars and sick of it infesting every game

out there.

if you want that! play the long line of lucas art games and leave the air to the

jet jockeys of this galaxy.

:blink:

Wow, putting Macross, anime and realism in one sentence...that's bold. It's basically instant death for every sarcasm detector.

Anyway, while I have absolutely no interest in anime stuff (it's simply to silly for my taste, sorry) I'd love to see a X-Wing and perhaps even a TIE Fighter in-game. The FM should be interesting... :wink:

Think that is just yourself. If you want AC buy your self a $70 PS2 and get Ace Combat 04, Ace Combat 5, Ace Combat Zero, a PS2 memory card, Air Combat, Ace Combat 2, Ace Combat 3, and a PS1 memory card for less that $200 :blowup:

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Maybe not realism but Star Wars has been done to death.

EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK A STAR WARS THEME IS THROWN AT YOU.

For once a game for air combat without X-WINGS AND TIE FIGHTERS

THROWN IN.

i'm sorry to say i'm sick of star wars and sick of it infesting every game

out there.

if you want that! play the long line of lucas art games and leave the air to the

jet jockeys of this galaxy.

No seriously just chill out. Sure it's okay if you don't like Star Wars, but it's Friday, so chill out.

Sorry comrade flanker!

it is friday and i'm starting my 3 week vacation

i just want more Jets Before Star wars is given any attention.

being a Fighter jet enthusist jets like the Chengdu JF-17 Xiaolong/Thunder

Dassault Rafale and the Sukhoi series Aircraft deserve more attention.

BUT!

being an arguement between Anime and SW we see so much SW

and its quite annoying seeing that get more attention.

I rather see a VF-01 from Macross before i see the already thousands of

X-wings in sim game.

No seriously just chill out. Sure it's okay if you don't like Star Wars, but it's Friday, so chill out.

You seem to have alot of time to spout off.

My time is not taken up by modding i work of a tech company i just play this game on my off time.

if you get this angry about this you must have alot of time on your hands

or just a lack of a women.

is that it lack of a women???

kinda sad to shoot your mouth off at a young lady.

See this is my husbands account.

he likes star wars but not me.

I play this game to see what my dad done for years as a pilot for the USAF

so if your mad at me be mad at me not my husband!!!

Listen up smartass - you're not winning over any favours here by "wanting" anything here in that tone. Hard-working addon makers decide whatever they want to do and most of us are grateful for their hard work which ends up not costing us a penny but still gives us priceless pleasure in the virtual skies. So, next time you "want" something, how about you do it yourself? And if someone decides to do something of Star Wars for SFP/WOV/WOE, then I'd be happy to have it! And couldn't give less of a crap wether it would bother you for such free addons to exist for this aerial combat simulation or not! If you don't like it, don't download it, but here's a hint - unless you pay for something, any other criticism but constructive one is the quickest way to turn you into public enemy nr 1 around here! Now, I humble myself before the moderators of this forum and beg their forgiveness for this rant tone of mine but all of myself couldn't help but lash out in defence of the honored addonmakers here present, in spite of my only recent history with this forum, never having been an addonmaker myself I cannot imagine the hard work involved but am always going to be thankful for your work :salute: - and take offence that someone coming "out of the blue" should be dissing around what should exist or not without, AFAIK, having anything to show for himself! :angry2:

Ok this thread is done. Everyone go to your corners and cool off.