Sign in to follow this  
Major Lee

Lets Go UPS!

Come on UPS! Lets go!! :clapping: I ordered parts for a new machine today... Gigabyte P35 mobo, E6850 3.0ghz cpu, EVGA 8800GTS.G92 x 512MB video card, 2 GB of Kingston KHX9500D DDR2-1066 memory, SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Asus 22" VW222U 2ms monitor... and various other parts to complete a new machine, with, of course, the old standby Windows XP Pro... :good: This ought to run SF fairly well... :biggrin:

Edited by Major Lee

You used UPS? Fastcargo would probably like to have a word with you.... :tongue:

UPS? Hope Fast Cargo isn't around :wink:

uhhh, Newegg used UPS... yeah, it was their idea.... :blush2:

Hey great machine!!!! Got mine last week and it`s a blast!!!! Gigabyte Mobo P35, E6750 8800GT 512MB, 1TB HDD SATA 2, 4 GB RAM Corsair ..... and a Powerplant to run this machine .. wish you a lot of fun with this!!!

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Lucky! :dry:

But seriously, that's pretty cool. :good:

:biggrin:

"Luck" has nothing to do with this... It's called work, and my employer came through with some bonus $$ because of a decent end to 2007...

"Luck" has nothing to do with this... It's called work, and my employer came through with some bonus $$ because of a decent end to 2007...

I was making an (obscure) Napoleon Dynamite reference.

00:14

Edited by Longestpants

Is that the modern standard for "cool" for the youth of America these days :blind: ? This country is in serious trouble... :sad: Those boys need professional help... :help: I see you are 14, YP. Why aren't you in school? I don't want any garbage about a "snow day", either... Read an encyclopedia or something. Please, do not try riding a bike today either... You might want to build a ramp or something; just don't do it. :please: Napoleon Dynamite??? What a dud... :deadhorse: Is that some kind of youth oriented movie or something? That boy is NOT a role model... He's what we older guys would call a "dork". :crazy: bad. bad bad bad...

Well I beta tested carbon back in the d'izzay and I got it.

Seriously though I don't think any offense was offered just congratulatory praise for the new gear.

No need for a :boxing: match that I can see. So let's :kiss: and make up so we don't have to :blowup: this thread and I don't have to :stars: .

Thanks for the help guys.

Erik

Major Lee, It's not the standard of cool by any stretch. It's an example of a funny movie. If you would like to know why I'm not in school, perhaps you would have liked to try going to school with strep throat. The only reason I'm on CA at all is to try to take my mind off the rash; It's taken me five minutes to write this post, in fact.

EDIT: Sorry, Erik, you posted while I was writing.

Edited by Longestpants

oh Erik, my post was entirely one of jest... and I have seen Napoleon Dynamite and have never laughed so hard. Most impressive is that was "clean" movie...

Major Lee, It's not the standard of cool by any stretch. It's an example of a funny movie. If you would like to know why I'm not in school, perhaps you would have liked to try going to school with strep throat. The only reason I'm on CA at all is to try to take my mind off the rash; It's taken me five minutes to write this post, in fact.

EDIT: Sorry, Erik, you posted while I was writing.

I understand the being ill this winter. I took a sickday form work yesterday and my wife took two days earlier this week. No offense meant, LP. My comments were offered in jest. I apologize if you were offended in anyway. and I do think ND was hilarious, just had not seen it in a very long time and did not recall the "lucky:" line. Get well soon.

ML

Edited by Major Lee

Sexiness!

Now I feel like an slow(en).gif for saying anything ... but hey I'm good with everyone knowing I'm not perfect. I leave that job up to Fates. :biggrin:

This is (one of the) problems with the internet. Aye, would seem thou'rt an scurvy dog yet with a passion for emoticons. Not so then. Besides, I get a little touchy when I'm sick.

Edited by Longestpants

This is (one of the) problems with the internet. Aye, would seem thou'rt an scurvy dog yet with a passion for emoticons. Not so then. Besides, I get a little touchy when I'm sick.

Well, we have that in common; when I am sick I crawl into a proverbial cave and pull the rocks in behind me... It's better for innocent bystanders that way... :minigun:

I do hope you are feeling better soon. :yes:

Edited by Major Lee