Sign in to follow this  

I hope that an aircraft carrier with cats and arresters will be availabe soon. I have the one that you can download here and it is so tempting to land on. I mean it must be humiliating for the Navy guys here to be flying around in navy aircraft with navy markings and then landing on a 4000 foot airstrip. I guess I'll just have to stick to airforce markings until one is released.

I will admit that I look forward to the addition of a "bird farm", but I am not humilitated about not being able to land on one. It sure will be nice to have that option, though!

It is so encouraging to see the interest being generated in Navy aviation squadrons! Of course I have a, shall we say "somewhat biased"?, view on things; but the forthcoming release of the A-7 Corsair, with the various Attack Squadron markings, has defiinitely got me spending a lot of time on this site!

All of the modders are contributing enormously to SF, and as predicted, this sim is becoming something truly great!

Here's some USS Independence pictures. One of Indy's LSOs, one of a

A-3 Skywarrior, or "Sky Whale", as we called them, and one of the Indy off the coast of Grenada. I was with VA-15 onboard the Indy at the time that picture was taken

Go NAVAIR!

and

Have a great Navy/Marine Corps day! Oooohrah!

Navychief

:D :D :D

An large Carrier is what SFP1 needs soonest. For modders it is wise to include take off and also the barriers, so that we can keep our feet dry.

Vigi on an land base???? Naval fighters need the sea it is their natural habitat.

:D :D :D :D

Ranger

Bad Luck, I hope his data was safe. I'm not in an hurry to download his master piece. But with me all hope to see the Carrier to land on.

Any Idea when we can see it?

:D :D :D

You may PM me with details Ranger

I Had A Model In the Works, but it was Scraped when i started the F-5E (Dunno where the max file went) so I will start it over when i Finish the F-5

Screens of the Old Model (Which was Untextured)

carrier5.jpg

carrier6.jpg

carrier7.jpg